Nintendo E3 Press Confrence

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gigatron_2005, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

-Snowboarding game from UbiSoft, using balance board
    -Wii Animal Crossing
    -Wii Speak- Online voice chat
    -Third party games: Star Wars Clone Wars, Call of Duty 5, New Raving Rabbids game
    -GTA for DS
    -Wii Motion Plus packaged with Wii Sports Resort. Has a sword fighting minigame
    -Wii Music game announced.

All in all, I thought it was a pretty terrible showing from Nintendo. Some things were interesting like the online voice chat and the Motion Plus, but they mostly focused on the casual game market.

http://www2.kotaku.com/5025295/nintendo-e3-08-press-conference-liveblog

And can a mod fix the spelling on "Conference" please?

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude! Animal Crossing! Fun game. And I am still curious about Clone Wars.... Also, I was hoping to hear about Transformers Animated for DS sometime this week.

3. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    terrible? it was the worst i think ive seen lol , i completely agree with you

and at the end i was expecting something major, they gave something a big build up and i thought yeh this is gonna be great and they just walked off the stage

no mario?
    no metroid?
    no zelda?

i at least expected one new mario ... probs a ds game and probs a new DS console design to, hopefully we will see them later in the week........ if not

EDIT: As for the star wars situation it was pretty much confirmed due to the description of motion plus only recently getting to game makers that clone wars will be sort of set light sabre moves like red steel and we will have to wait longer for a full movement lightsabre game, although clone wars didnt look to bad

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Simply abysmal showing by Nintendo.

Here's what I was hoping for:

New Super Mario Bros. 2 DS
    Full Game DS Download Service
    Upgrades To Mii Creation - more options
    Wii Hard Drive as well as DLC for games like GH & Rock Band
    Universal Friends List - abolishing friend number codes

5. Gigatron_2005

Yeah, AC is cool for those who are into it, Im not into it too much, but the Wii version does look good and the Wii Speak is what many Wii owners have been wanting.

As for the Animated game, we will most likely see that later in the week if the publisher wishes to show it.

6. Gigatron_2005

One of the worst and most sad Ive ever seen. This includes Sony's "Giant Enemy Crab" showing.

I knew it was going to be in the shitter the moment it started and Reggie was not there.

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I was hoping for so much more. A lot of these games we've already heard about, but now are being officially announced.

And the fact that the Motion Plus info broke yesterday really something away from today.

Kinda liking the Wii Speak... wish it had come sooner though. But sounds like it will work well with Animal Crossing's new offering.

And as I'm watching Reggie talk about not leaving out hardcore gamers... he seems mad.

As for their presentation... it seemed pretty poorly planned. But whatever...

8. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Wow, even as someone who probably falls into/or at least damn close to the Nintendo fanboy section of gaming, I thought their PC sucked. I thought MS had a bad go of it, but man....

At this point Sony could poop in a bag on stage and it'd be a tough call who did the worst this year.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOl at the giant crab. Right up there with "Reege Racer!!"

10. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Ehh. I've noticed that ever since the old E3 died.. None of the press confrences have been that entertaining.

Not to mention can't really blame nintendo.. every time they announce something, the other companies run to copy them.

11. Gigatron_2005

Yeah, when asked about it on G4 (Im assuming that is what you are watching) when asked about it he started to go off and basically said "Animal Crossing!!11 and GTA and (oh wait, nothing else)..."

:(  Nintendo leaving us established games makes me sad.

12. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no your right it did it seemed as though they threw it together just a few days before, do the big games sometimes get shown on the last day of E3? im expecting a new ds to, its been to long since they tried to make more money

13. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

the only thing that caught my interest was the snowboarding game, might be a reason to break down and get a wii balance board I also kind of like the sword fighting thing for the wii sports but aside from that horrible.

I'm hoping the rest of the week makes up for that, did they really expect that to go over well with people watching? I mean I know causal market but most of the causal market is working right now. Should of focused on gamers

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    damnit Nintendo, solve your space issues!! :mad 

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is Sony's? I hope they have GOW3 or this will be the worst E3 ever. I mean the FF13 news was cool, but it's a game we have seen for months, with the only development being multiconsole.

16. Gigatron_2005

Well, thats what they did with Brawl if I remember correctly. But my hopes are not high at all after this.

Sony starts very soon, hour I think. This E3 is Sony's to win this time.

17. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
  18. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well theres a countdown on bungies website for tomorow, but thats just gonna be ANOTHER halo (just so were clear i like halo but its to soon for another), a halo spin off, or halo wars, but i agree this is the worst e3 ever

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Elvin. You're like the wind, bra. One minute you're here and then Bah, nada!

20. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    LOL @ Wii music - It's rock band for people who can barely flail their arm around to a beat, if hitting the right note is too difficult for you don't worry - the game does that for you.

They really shouldn't let managment perform in front of people at a gaming conference, it's worse than watching your parents try to dance.

All Nintendo needed to do to get a cheer out of the crown was to anounce a Wii hard disk but they really do believe that people don't want that!!