Nintendo DS Download station help please!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Dirge121, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    After getting my Nintendo DS, I decided to check what these download software things were.
    As luck would have it, Im off to Northampton tomorrow, and it gives me a reason to go into TRU.

My question is, I've looked on google, but noone seems to have an answer.

What do you get from the DS Download stations in the UK?

(I've heard about the Transformers ones in the US, but that wont be out for another 13 days or so, so they wont be ready, one thing though, I heard you lose what you download when you turn off the console, so would you lose the Alt Mode you downloaded for Transformers?)

One more thing, Im told you lose whatever you download when you turn the console off, do you keep it when the DS is in sleep mode?

Thanks

2. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

It's a demo, game depends on what that particular station has. The DS doesn't have enough internal memory to actually store a game, so it's there until you turn it off.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Basically it will have some game stuff at the game station that unlocks features in a game. Like with the TF games, it unlocks two special alt modes. One is Starscream, the other is Skyfire.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The TF DS modes only unlock at Target Download stations, if I remember correctly. Not at TRU.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I went to Target today and downloaded the TF demo, and while it was downloading the screen said "touch controls - unlock exclusive content for your DS Transformers game!" and when it finished downloading, it plays a short movie demo that's about 30 seconds or so long, and then the video loops... forever. wtf. how the hell do I get it to unlock the jet alternate mode damnit?

I dont' even see how it can work because the only way to exit any downloaded demos according to nintendo is to turn the system off, and the only way to even download the demo requires you have no gamepack in the DS so how is it even supposed to work? I've not found jack shit describing exactly what you're supposed to do and yes, I've searched the official game site, targets' site, gamefaqs, google, etc.

6. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    This is what I found in an faq by nimerjm on GameFAQs.

Looks like the problem you have is that you don't have the game with you.

7. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    ok for this to work u have to have the game and and at least one file started. once u get movie and it says char unlocked turn it off unless u really want to watch the movie. after this thou everytime u start a new file ull have the new form unlocked.

8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I HAD the game with me, it wouldn't let me download the game unless I ejected the cartridge :( 

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

When I went in, I had the cartridge in. Downloaded the file. It was the movie on a loop, as said earlier. I reset the system, loaded my Transformers file, and the alt mode was unlocked. Shouldn't be too much to it. The movie IS the file you need. All you do is let it play once and your done. Then you can reset your system and the alt mode is permanently unlocked in your file. Losing the file doesn't lose the alt mode.

10. REDLINE

News Credits:
    ok well then my problem is getting to download it while my cartridge is IN my DS, as I only could get to the screen to select download play if there was no cartridge in the system. with the cartridge in, it only loaded up the game like normal. I tried pushing the classics L/R start/select combo and other such things to no avail. so how did you download the movie without having to remove your game??

11. REDLINE

News Credits:
    nevermind I finally figured it out. Stupid lying Nintendo *L*