Nintendo 3DS. What's old is NEW again!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NGW, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So as a continuation of the above question with transfers. If I perform a system transfer from my old 3ds to my New 3ds will it wipe the new 3ds'so data? It's the special pokemon edition that came with red and blue version.

2. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Regardless of what the 3DS is, the old one will be wiped but all your games will go onto the new ones, regardless of whether they were preinstalled or not.

As for preinstalled games on the newer one that you're transferring to they should be added, however I suggest you check at your local gaming store or online for more details. I know there's a way but I haven't done it myself.

3. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I bought the golden Zelda 3DS a few years ago and it came without Zelda. Guess someone transferred it to another device. But that was OK, I wanted to have it as a cartridge anyway.

4. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Depends on which one you bought, there was one version that came in a bundle with a game, and then there is another one that comes without the game.
    And if you bought the bundle version second hand, well then the game is gone since it's just a code and tyed to the owner's account.

5. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Yup, it was second hand at the time the game was released. The 3DS was basically new, it just had a little scratch at the bottom.

6. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here is the direct if you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpXQtFbRChg

So Mario maker 3ds!--with no online or mystery costumes! No online in 2016! Good job Nintendo.

Mii plaza update--where you have to pay to get the update! No thanks Nintendo. I'll take the free game but won't pay $5 for something that should be free!

Pikmin platformer looks like a gba game!

Everything else was dull but what we thought it would be.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i have recently picked up a 3ds, and a bunch of DS games. i picked up the red 3ds new xl. pretty decent handheld. i was going back and forth between the vita and the 3ds for about a year. Being how difficult it is getting to even find a vita, and the fact that the vita has the memory card that's 80 dollars for a 32 gb one, or gamestop is selling the 64 gb version for 130. I finally just decided to just go for a 3ds instead.

I got the red version, since I am mostly going to be playing at night. I take the bus most places i go, and I am mostly traveling at night, since I work late evenings. which is why i wanted a handheld. Gamestop was the only place, other than amazon, to have the vita. and nobody was offering any kind of accidental protection plan. Walmart was offering 28 dollars for 4 years on the 3ds.

my first impressions of the system, is it is a pretty solid, fun little handheld. it feels a lot like having a sega dreamcast in my hands. it looks to be slightly more powerful than a dreamcast, but not as powerful as a ps2. but the games i have picked up, have been a whole lot of fun so far. even though they are all DS games.

the games i have picked up are; captain america, thor, tomb raider underworld, monster house, coraline, bolt, and golden compass.

they were all under 10 dollars at gamestop. monster house was 3 dollars, captain america was 10, and the rest were 5, each.

i bought the ds version of thor, and captain america, rather than the 3ds versions, because they looked to be better games, after looking into them on youtube. although, i may by the 3ds versions later. but, the ds versions, are 2d side scrolling platformers. my favorite genre of games.

Thor, is a lot of fun. Loki basically tells you to kill things, and you do it. and occasionally you fight beside the other characters of the thor universe. certainly is more fun than the console version looked from angry joe. oh and the combat is a ton of fun.

Captain America: Super Soldier; is a ton of fun. much like the console version, it is Steve Rogers’ adventures during world war two. it does have some puzzles, most of them are not very complicated. the combat is a ton of fun, it does feel a lot like the combat with Thor. the buttons are very similar. the hammer/shield tossing is almost the same. and both have upgrading weapons and such.

Tomb Raider Underworld; I have the pc version, too. while the pc version is vastly superior, this is also a lot of fun. the levels might be a little too short. but I am just beginning, so, they may get longer. platforming is SO much easier in tomb raider, when going 2d than 3d. in some ways, it reminds me a lot of the old Prince of Persia game for dos. except without the sword fighting. Lara needs a sword.

Monster House; is fun. but may be a little too simple. basically all you do is dodge flying objects and shoot at them. this would be a WHOLE lot more fun, if you could shoot them without using the stylus. and just point your character and shoot. way it is, though, it is okay. there is just not very much need for both screens though. since you are basically only using the bottom. could have easily just combined the two screens into one.

Coraline; the reason why i got this is because it reminded me a lot of the Hugo games, i used to play on dos. and from what i have played, that is very much it. just without the typing.

i have not received the other two. but so far, i am very much enjoying this handheld console. would i have enjoyed the playstation vita more? probably. but, the 3ds is is a lot of fun on it’s own.

8. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like Star Fox, SF2, Vortexx, and Stunt Race FX it will never see a re-release unless rebuilt ala Yoshi's Island GBA. The tech behind those games and Yoshi's Island was the Super FX Chip; or SFX2 in Yoshi's Island's case. The tech and right related to it are tied up with the now defunct Argonaut Games; co-developers of Star Fox 1 and 2 SNES.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I didn't even know they did a Tomb Raider Underworld for the DS. DS right? Not 3DS?

I bought Tomb Raider Legend for the DS waaaay back, and was a bit disappointed because it was such a step down from the Xbox and Xbx360 versions (I bought both, Xbox first and then again on 360 when I upgraded).

It was also pretty buggy as well as having many graphical shortcuts.

Thor on DS is infinitely better than Thor on 3DS. The DS is a solid Wayforward platformer, the 3DS version is an awful 3D beat 'em up thing.

Is Captain America in 3D or is it a 2D game?

Anyway I bought Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens for £15 (cheap where I am) and it's very much a Lego game (funny that). I did read some online reviews that slated it for being a Lego game (unfair) and also for technical limitations. Which at first, I didn't see/hear. Sound samples from the movies seemed OK? But then second level with Rey and when she speaks... WTF is she saying? Muffled nonsense.

10. Dolza_Khyron

yea, i skipped legends, because i noticed it was produced by a different developer than tomb raider normally used to be. and underworld was developed by the same developer. it actually uses some of the same cutscenes from the xbox/ps/pc version. just heavily scaled down. but, yea, it is for the DS, not the 3ds. it does have pretty decent graphics. lara looks great, the sharks look great. accidentally dying and falling into a pit of spikes, includes blood. which reminds me even more of prince of persia. i do not believe the regular underworld game contained blood. that wasn't a thing until the reboot right?

Thor is a whole lot of fun. and so is captain america. it is a side scrolling 2d game. there is a 3d version of both of these, but i think the 2d looked vastly superior. mainly due to them both, thor and cap, both being 3d platformers, and the 3ds didn't have a camera stick until recently, that tells me that very few games are going to support it. *i know nintendo had an add-on for that.* so camera is going to be really difficult in those kinds of games.

from what i have seen from both games on youtube, the ds versions just look WAY more fun. way better thought out. and look to be something you would have found on the super nintendo. which is awesome. i never had one of those as a kid. i had a genesis. lol

11. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If the company is defunct, is there some other way to get the rights? Maybe they can just go ahead and do it since nobody will try to sue them?

12. Dolza_Khyron

i have received the golden compass and bolt, finally.

both games are very similar to their ps3 counterparts; golden compass is a side scroller platformer, with puzzles. since it is 2d, instead of 3d, i find the game to be lot easier to get around, platforming wise. you basically swap between playing the three characters, the girl, the bear, and the familiar, which can shapechange.

bolt is very similar to the console version. it's 3d, it's basically inspector gadget, but without gadget. so, it's basically if Penny was the star of her own show, since she was the hero of that show. i haven't gotten to play bolt yet, but i imagine that he plays very similar to the way he played in the ps3 version, since she does. the enemies, surprisingly, have a LOT of health. and do a whole lot more damage to you, than you do them. well at least as penny. which is all good, since penny is a 10 year old child, and the enemies are mostly adults. it is amazing on how well they were able to replicate the console version for the DS.

both games are a lot of fun, for the 5 dollars i spent on each of them. i know the cliche is that movie license games are terrible, but i have a bunch of them, that are great. are they perfect? no, but they are a lot of fun.

out of all of them, i recommend captain america the most, then thor. as both are incredibly fun.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Wow; playing golden compass on normal, vs hard, is a totally different experience. you need to keep the girl from freezing to death, as an example. and there are MUCH less checkpoints. and enemies take way more damage, and do more damage to you.

way different experience. if you play the game, i highly suggest hard.

14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

bought Picross 3D 2...loved the first one. Planning to pick of the new Phoenix Wright in a couple days.

two games i wished had physical releases.

15. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man, they finally got the second one out? I still need to finish the first one, it's a lot of fun.

16. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I made this. 'Tis dumb.

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I gave in and ordered some Japanese cover plates for my New 3DS last week. Amazon says they'll get here... sometime in November. Dammit.

18. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

so the down d-pad on my NN3DS only response when i press it hard.

has anyone ever send their nintendo devices to nintendo for repairs?

i got the NN3DS at launch so i think it is passed its warranty.

how much will it cost me?

19. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I had the GPU on my first Wii go bad. They fixed it for free (plus shipping) even though it should technically have been out of warranty. The process was pretty painless as far as RMAs go in general. If I recall correctly, out-of-warranty repairs are supposed to be about $80 (if they charge anything). I'd say the best idea is to contact their support and find out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i'll contact them.

thanks, FP.