Nightship (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jun 25, 2014.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The Nightship or should it be called Knight Ship. Since according to Lockdown it was once belonged to Transformer knights who crusades the universe exploring. He turned it into a prison ship.

Optimus is familiar with the original specs as he knew there is ship attached. It may have been once an Autobot ship. It also has a fighter sized ship that has elements of the DOTM Ark. Not to mention Decepticon fighter variants.

The film continuity may have had the Knights of Cybetron once. Only they are explorers. the expanded backstory of Evac from TF The Ride indicate he is the last Knight of Cybertron.

I'm not sure if the Dinobots are knights as Optimus recognizes them only as anciant warriors.

2. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

Yer saying that dinobots actually owned the night ship but lockdown and his men conqueres the ship and locks away it's crew ....right?

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

No only that it once belonged to knights.

Though Optimus did say pulling the sword to be recognized as a knight when he freed the Dinobots.

4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The way I understood it is "The Knight ship" is a ship from the Knights of Cyberteon and that the Dinobots are what are left of the Knights. If all holds true, that would mean "The Knight Ship" could actually be a Titan just like that of the "knights of Cyberton" from IDW and their ships being Titans like Metroplex.

5. hyruk

hyruk Genericon

I don't think that will happen in the movieverse

6. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I never thought we would get the Dinobots and that's happened. And if bay stays on, what do you think he will do to go bigger than the Dinobots on the next movie? I'm sure we could see another combiner but bringing in a Titan like Metroex is more than feasible.

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I was suprised by the inclusion of the Knights of Cybertron. I don't think it'll go anywhere though, it was just to show that Lockdown desecrated a vessel of religious significance because he's a badass.

8. tonyformer

News Credits:
    But it shows that even the TFs have religious sides and that's a very big characteristic in their evolution that is really only ever touched on in the G1 comics and or IDW comics.

9. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dinobot robot modes definitely got a knight motif going on so they could be indeed knights of cybertron