NIGHTMARE FUEL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheWarPathGuy, Nov 15, 2018.

1. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy As cool as the earth is blue!

Hello everybody. It's me Thewarpathguy! Back for another interesting discussion! Now I hate getting scared. My little sister hides behind corners in order to scare me. I am kinda paranoid and always looking around my surroundings. Anyone can kill me. Or maybe you! People are unpredictable and love to scare people. Which is why I created this thread.

To those asking why I didn't post this in October, I DON'T CARE TURKEYS ARE SPOOKY GODDAMNIT! IT IS HALLOWEEN IN NOVEMBER!

Transformers

But let's get started and sense this is a Transformer fan site we are talking about that first!
    The episode of Transformers: Prime "Thrist" features Transformers and Zombies. Cool right? Well it's pretty scary. But what gets me is the end of the episode. Airachnid is stuck on a moon with insecticons, where it is revealed Airachnid is one of then and feasts on her fellow insecticons.
    It is never revealed what happened to her... and with the aliaged continuity over. We will never see a conclusion.

Halo Series
    The Flood, duh.

Manhunt
    The "hero" of the story goes around violently killing people. He has a reason. But it's bleak colors, lack of music, and graphic violence gets to me.
    Manhunt 2 is not scary, cause the fights feel drawn out. And the story gives the main character a horrible reason

Spongebob
    The Splinter and the Toenail scene.

Video Games in general
    What gets to me is unused content. I love mystery. And I am somewhat of a hunter for lost media. But I find it creepy.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2
    This game has several.
    • If you fail to stop Dr. Doom in the first game the whole universe will be ripped apart. Due to Doom being unable to control his powers.
    • Doom managed to defeat the heroes of the earth. And basically made earth a living hell. He also corrupts them.
    • When you defeat Doom. His and the other villian fates are described as being "a fate worse than death."
    In the first game there are several optional objectives. While they don't count towards 100% completion. They do affect the ending
    • If you fail to save Odin. Thanos will come to earth and rule it for many centuries to come.
    • If you fail to save the Omega Base computer. That contains a cure to a virus, all of the mutants would die. When I was younger this scared me. The tombstones with the pictures of the mutants make it.
    • If you fail to recover a weapon at Doom's castle. Mephisto will come once again. But without this weapon he cannot be easily defeated. But once he is defeated the world will be in ruins.
    There are many more but does are the scariest. The sequel isn't as heartbreaking.
    • In the game supervillains were captured and forcefully had nanites injected into them. This was done so the villians can aid Iron Man's team in battle. This however fails and the nanites get a mind of their own. Venom and Green Goblin who join the heroes describe their experiences as being rather unpleasant. And one of the game's audio logs contain a voice recording of a woman having a nanite forced into her while she fights back and is feared for her life.
    Roblox
    If you're an asshole you'll probably make a screamer. Best of all it's a kids game!

Stubbs the Zombie
    The violence man...

Avengers: Infinity War
    Thanos was scary. Unlike most marvel villians in the MCU. Thanos had depth. He was scary too. Mainly due to how powerful he was. Most MCU villians were "grrrrr, I am evil." Thanos had a clear goal. Which is why he is my favorite villian in the MCU

There is more but that is all at the moment.

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    No. No. Nope.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Queen Gohma.

I was a young lad at the time. Just getting all these new-fangled N64 games. Pokémon Staidum had been a delight. Mario was amazing. Surely this would be good too.

Talking tree was a bit odd. Giant venus-fly-traps, weird but easy. Skull spiders, a bit unnerving but still easy. I handled this game pretty well, figuring it was a bit freakier but not too bad. And then I reach the final stage. At the very bottom of the tree, I enter a dark cavern. Door slams behind me. I step into the mist, and I hear something moving. A creepy scratching sound. I look around, but I see nothing. I'm getting nervous. I've always hated hearing but not seeing. In the end, I look upwards.

And a gigantic glowing eyeball from hell looks right back at me.

One of my older cousins defeated her for me, advised me on how to handle bosses and their specific weaknesses. But even knowing she was nothing but ash now, that eye haunted me for an entire week.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mother. Fucking. Gmork.

• Like Like x 2
  6. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Come for me, G’mork!

• Like Like x 1
  7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

When the original Xbox was released, along with Halo: Combat Evolved, in Nov. 2001, i never gave much attention to it as I felt it was garbage. In early 2011, I watched videos of Halo gameplay and decided to get an Xbox with Halo and it was so freakin' awesome!!! But in those 10 years of no knowledge of the series, I got shocked of the existence and introduction of The Flood. They were everywhere and terrifying while i blasted them with every weapon I could get.
    I hate the blobby ones that explode. So much damage.

I had a fear of zombies for a few years, it calmed down after playing the first resident evil game on ps1. But holy crap, the zombies in RE: Code Veronica on Dreamcast looked scary as heck.

And then I got a GameCube with RE0 and REmake and the zombies in those game blew the zombies in RECV out of the water with waaaaaaaaaaayyy better details. Those undead creatures are way scarier than the ones in Dead Island.

I have played through Stubbs the Zombie and I did find it a bit... Odd, I could say because I'm playing as a zombie. The classic, slow walking, brain eating(or flesh eating) kind. Not these running, screaming like a T-Rex, covered in blood and torn flesh wannabes.

I don't like fart jokes but when Stubbs learns how to do the super zombie fart, it was so stupid that I just had to laugh wholeheartedly.

The Redeads in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. For many years, I thought the redeads were zombies wearing wooden masks. I was playing SSB for 3ds and checked out what trophies I have, I checked the redeads and it said that they are not flesh and blood creatures but are actually made out of dirt. Wouldn't that mean that they are golems?

But the sound they make... Shudders

The redeads in Wind Waker are not scary at all. Too cartoony.

• Like Like x 1
  8. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    When I was a kid, I remember that I watched a bit of Pingu; This scene in particular really stands out..... for better or worse.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheWarPathGuy

Wasn't there a video of him speaking German?

I had a fear of zombies as well. Creeped me out. I feel paranoid and feel someone's presence at night. But it's just the house settling.

Conker's Bad Fur Day
    The spooky chapter features zombie squirrels with a rather disturbing appearance for an n64 game. The level's music is also eerie.

And The Great Mighty Poo may be disturbing to people cause it's a living pile of shit. And shit is not a pleasant image.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019
  10. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

At that part, the freakin' controls go from "great" to "WHATS GOING ON?! I UNDERSTAND NOTHING!!!"

90% of CBFD are poop and fart jokes.

9% is pee jokes

1% boobs. CBFD handled boobs way better than Duke Nukem Forever did

• Like Like x 4
  11. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    The garden maze/chase by Frankenstein in Castlevania 64. At first it's just an eerie garden maze with typical enemies. One of the things I liked about CV64 is that it didn't have so much level music as much as extremely creepy ambient sounds. You're walking around until you run into... Frankenstein's Monster gardening with a chainsaw! He turns around and start chasing you and while you may be able to lose him in the maze, you can ALWAYS hear his metallic boots clinking after you somewhere in the maze. They might get fainter the further you get away but they are always there... clink..clink...clink!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Arale

Arale Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Red Monks in Lode Runner: The Legend Returns.

Once they get you, they eat you...

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheWarPathGuy

Shrek (Video Game)
    The game is fairly realistic for a game based on a cartoony movie. This game is rated Teen for a reason. To start the game was designed by Todd McFarland, the man who created Spawn. So as you expect everything looks ugly and uncanny, down to Shrek himself.
    Also for a fat ogre Shrek moves really fast, to the point it's scary.

Spider-Man 3 (The Video Game)
    Those character models...

• Like Like x 1
  14. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The tornado in The Wizard of Oz is pretty much the only one that has ever stuck with me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

The lawnmower scene in Sinister. So. fucked. up.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom 2

This is more of childhood fears, but still a nightmare fuel:
    This magnificent son of a Kaleesh gave me a good portion of nightmares before they turned him into a joke.
    [​IMG]
    2003 Shredder wasn't too far behind. This guy was disturbing.

Alpha Quintesson from Energon series was disturbing me as a kid. And fact that in Polish he shared his voice actor with HIM from PPG wasn't helping either. His voice was creepy.
    [​IMG]
    Cosmic suit episodes from Spider-Man TAS especially when it got to the Venom made me shivering from fear as a kid. Carnage wasn't too far either. He shares voice actor with Alpha Q in Polish dub so the fear factor was similar this time Carnage sounded more like aving fun.
    AMAZO's Return from Justice League Unlimited when he destroyed Red Tornado. I didn't know that he was a robot as a kid so it left the kid me shocked seeing him sawed in half.
    For some reason I was scared of the Mantis from Scooby Doo and the bad guy from Galidor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sonic CD American version still's got the creepy factor.
    [​IMG]
    ED-209 introduction in Robocop
    [​IMG]
    And last, but not least T-1000 from Terminator 2
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Pretty much the ONLY thing posted so far that I would consider "nightmare fuel".
    Until this:
    KXqAnkw.jpg
    Russian sleep experiment. Google it.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Dafaq?!? :eek:  That is horrifying!

• Like Like x 1
  19. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Two words: Zelda. ReDead.

• Like Like x 5
  20. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    Only one I can think of is playing Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for the first time. Going to Hyrule Castle and it's the part where your staring at this plaque. When you turn around there's a group of dead rotting Hylean Soldier ghosts just standing there. As soon as I saw I booked it the hell out of the castle as fast as I could.