Nickelodeon Unveils Creative Talent For 2022 Transformers Show

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 3, 2021.

1. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    So here's my crazy theory:

Adopts? You mean like how you adopt a pet? Could these Transformers actually transform into pets?! Personally, I think this would make for a super cute and fun show. Imagine minicons + cute pets + Power Puff Girls + Bewitched. Maybe there's a small group of little Transformers that disguise themselves as a dog, a cat, and a bird or a mouse or something. And they get adopted by a family, either knowing that they're actually robots in disguise or maybe that's revealed to them at a later date. And when the family is at school/work during the day, they transform and go off and fight bad guys, or cause general mischief. All while being careful not to arouse the suspicion of nosey neighbours. And maybe if/when the family learns about their secret, we get some cute hijinks and tension between the bots and humans.

Like imagine Raf or Sari playing with Bumblebee, but Bumblebee transformed into a cute little kitty cat and go to go home with them! And maybe they would send him to spy on the neighbours or something. Or basically imagine if your dog was actually a Transformer! And they could transform into a robot and you can play video games together or play pranks on the neighbours. Or think of all the movies with talking animals like Homeward Bound or Look Who's Talking Now, but now they also turn into robots and fight supervillains.

Again, I could be completely wrong. But I think this would be a super cute and fun spin on Transformers that wasn't just them constantly rehashing the same old...Autobots vs Decepticons...fight for the Allspark Matrix MacGuffin thing...Optimus Prime, Megatron, etc...over and over again.

• Like Like x 4
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Eat. Pray. Lovehammer.

News Credits:
    That's been my hope. Beast Wars in a modern setting would be really interesting. They adopt a dog and OH CRAP it's a Maximal!

Especially since many of the BW cast turned in to oversized versions of the beast modes they took on. You could do a lot with a giant spider or scorpion in a modern setting with kids and people around. At the same time, there'd be a lot of fun to be had if characters like Rattrap and Waspinator remained the size of a rat and wasp in beast mode. They could mix and match as needed.

My idea for a BW movie/series was basically something like that. Maximals were stranded on Earth and had to take on beast modes to protect themselves from the Earth's environment. They remain the size of their beast modes because that's how you blend in. But the Predacons don't care because they're a hostile invading force. So they turn in to giant bugs and other creatures because all they care about is conquest.

After the movie, the TV series would be something of a monster of the week. Maximals on Earth use Ground Bridges to venture to other parts of the globe to help find missing Maximals and investigate strange creature sightings (which can be either Maximal or Predacon).

• Like Like x 1
  3. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    This is what someone who doesn't have kids and watches neither show would say.

• Like Like x 4
  4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Not really. Now, anybody comparing to Blue's Clues to RID2015 on the other hand...

RID2015 was one of the better cartoons we've gotten. Very clear structure and pacing within the episodes, natural interactions and dialogue between the different characters, very polished animation, and an arc for people that have to have that too. I felt it was a little rushed at the end but it's not like an abrupt end to a toy line never did that before. It was a shame the toy line let the show down and DVD releases were so bungled.

Cyberverse, though, yikes. They spent way to long on Bumblebee's Amnesia 2: The Revenge. Then a whole bunch of episodes were like bad episodes of Adventure Time. Oh hey everybody party LOL oops the end. Even the 15-minute blocks reeked of ADD. Also did not like Grimlock's portrayal as closer to Thundercat Tygra with the voice of TB&TB's Bwanna Beast.

Blue's Clues? I've seen enough to know there are three different guys, their blue dog, and they constantly ask kids "who's a smart little learner? yes! that's right! it's you!" Can't say that I've invested much time in it. Or Dora the Explorer or Paw Patrol for that matter. You know, because I'm not three years old. Is that the answer you wanted? Or would you like me to say the opposite so you can attack for being the wrong demographic?

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Right, so you've got no idea what you're talking about since you don't have kids and don't have shows like this on in the background on a regular basis.

Rescue Bots is the only thing remotely close to Blues Clues and that's because they have the same relative demographic. When it comes to content it's closer to Paw Patrol.

You don't have to even watch that much of either show to know you're blowing hot air, but being a parent who's kids are growing through these different shows makes comments like yours laughable.

Part of being a parent means knowing what your kids are watching. You get to know the difference between good and bad kids content pretty quick.

Also, I dunno if a forum full of adults who collect a children's toy line really has standing to claim they're too old for something.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Shady boi

Shady boi Face Taking Enthusiast

Ebay:
    The Dimension X episode was an exception

• Like Like x 1