Nickelodeon Unveils Creative Talent For 2022 Transformers Show

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Regardless of how the series will turn out I do give them props for going with a premise that hasn't been done much if at all in the brand as opposed to yet again retreading the same familiar ground we've been seeing in the franchise in recent years. While it's a given we'll see the major TF characters show up it doesn't seem that they'll overtake the main premise and themes so that'll help it have it's own identity.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    This definitely sounds like Armada and the Minicons to me but that's a good thing. Hell, it could also be Maximals/Predacons or the Japanese take on the Headmasters(not that we need to go down that road again so soon)

• Like Like x 1
  3. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm seeing people from Rise of the TMNT and Rescue Bots and it's giving me cautious optimism.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    You have to have an education to do stuff like that.

Can this site be normal about a woman for 2 minutes?

• Like Like x 12
  5. TheLastBlade

TheLastBlade Well-Known Member

If it’s like thundercats roar, then we know the toys are fucked.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    91061A46-2D13-4E44-AD91-45724E522501.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Don't know why anyone is going straight to Thundercats roar as an example, we straight up have the creative leads attached to this as an example of where it could potentially go, Rise of the TMNT, a super fun reboot of TMNT, DC Superhero girls, another super fun action comedy show, and Rescue bots. None of these shows are anything like Thundercats roar at all.

But I guess it wouldn't be TFW it wasn't complaining about a show a year away from now, with no key art to go off of, and only the basic plot, and then going "Yeah this is the end of the franchise, this is the franchise killer, they put a woman whose farts I want to smell as the lead storyboard artist...."
    Because christ, we can't ever look forward to a new take on a franchise we like, it's either the best thing ever we've dreamt of or it isn't and therefore is bad because it isn't like my misremembered memories of G1, the gritty thriller about a crooked cop.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  8. elkevo86

elkevo86 Well-Known Member

You bring up a good point that I mostly agree with but a better quality show might have propped up the mediocre toyline long enough for Rise to improve.

This. Totally this.

9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Possibly, I never watched rise so I can't comment on its quality. I've heard pretty mixed opinions about it

10. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is beyond silly to act like the show is "confirmed THUNDERCATS ROAR", reeks like dudes pushing 40 who are mad at kids cartoons but don't even know properly the industry they're lashing out at. People that work in comedic stylized cartoons work in action all the time. The single best director in RID2015 was a guy who spend his whole live doing comedy shows and finally got to do an action series. One of the best storyboarders in Prime was an Adventure Time guy.

• Like Like x 5
  11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    There's a difference between shows that are accessible to children and shows that talk down to them. Try not to paint all cartoons with the same brush.

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Hell, we got key art from stuff like BW, Animated, the Bayverse, Rescue Bots, and Cyberverse and each time that was gonna be the death of the franchise.

And yet it's marched on for 30+ years.

• Like Like x 7
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The show no one liked is probably a bad example to use.

As for the other stuff... im definitly not 40, but I certainly have been burned by show after show being boring or treating its kids audience like they are morons. If people made better kids shows, people wouldnt be so pessimistic

• Like Like x 2
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Adventure Time itself is an example of a show where the animation style would fool you in to thinking it wouldn't have an interesting story and character arcs.

As would Steven Universe.

I think the bigger point being made is there are people on this forum who are pessimistic about everything, and then even after something has proven itself a success will go right on hating it regardless.

And, mind you, "good" is subjective...but "success" is not. Whatever anyone thinks of the Bayverse that made money hand over fist and was a huge lift for the franchise.

• Like Like x 3
  15. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From a technical animation standpoint I'm honestly astounded the show exists at all. Check out some of the fight scenes on Youtube. Stunning fight animation.

• Like Like x 3
  16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    People may not like something the franchise is trying, but if that something leads to kids wanting the toys and strong sales then that's all that matters. Because the interests of a bunch of adults on a fan forum isn't what's going to keep this franchise alive and growing.

If what kids enjoy, and what drives the franchise forward, isn't what I enjoy...then I stop buying it/watching it. Pretty simple. Because if I don't enjoy it anymore, there's no point investing my time or money in to it.

"Oh so you want the franchise to die?!"

Well, no. But I'm not going to waste my time on something I no longer enjoy. If the brand dies that doesn't really change anything about what I liked previously. And if the only thing that kept it going all these years is something I didn't enjoy, then am I really missing/mourning anything?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Transformers won’t die from one bad cartoon, or one that is aimed towards a young audience and not long-term fans.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    as a long time fan pushing 40, I don’t have any faith in new nickelodeon or Cartoon Network shows. None whatsoever. But I can still watch and enjoy those “dated” 70s and 80s cartoon shows. I don’t care if Adventure Time and Steven Universe has some deep writing, the art style is a turn off for me, and I can get deep writing from anime instead.

19. elkevo86

elkevo86 Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't find it any more impressive than anime from 30+ years ago or action shows that were on CN 20 years ago. That was my main issue, they didnt innovate they just rehashed everything you've seen before. Granted, I'm not the intended audience & kids wouldn't have seen any of the things they're copying but with a franchise like TMNT their are going to multigenerational fans watching, shouting "Goku did that back in the '80s!!" The style also bothered me, it seemed like it was chosen specifically so they could be lazy with the backgrounds & characters being on model. It was just such a let down in every way, especially when comparing it to the 2012 series/toyline

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    ....Well yeah, that's exactly what people are referring to when they talk about "rose-colored glasses."

And this is why it's a no-win scenario. Either modern cartoons are copying the classics and therefore are no good, or they're changing things about the classics and therefore are no good.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.