Nickelodeon Orders Transformers Cartoon Comedy Series Based On Hasbro Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 25, 2021.

1. comfytron

comfytron Well-Known Member

In any case, at least we probably won’t have to watch this new show at 1.5 speed to get any enjoyment out of it, amirite?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    But then I can't enjoy Galvatron's horrendous introduction and top tier, nuanced writing such as "I'm always alert" though....

• Like Like x 7
  3. comfytron

comfytron Well-Known Member

“I... don’t... trust... you...”

“Good...

...never... trust...

...anyone.”

• Like Like x 9
  4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Oooooooooooo

who lives in a spaceship under the sea?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's not really what happened to Animated though. Animated was partially owned by Cartoon Network, in fact the show's entire style and the character designs were done by CN staff.
    That's the reason we never got a sequel comic, despite the interest being there, they needed both Hasbro's and CN's approval, and profits would need to be shared with both.
    Animated died because Hasbro wanted Transformers to be exclusive content for The Hub, which they couldn't do with a show partially owned by CN. The Show was likely killed by Hasbro before season 2 even aired. We were already told of changes to the Season 3 episodes just before it aired. With information on scenes that were cut or cut short right after the episode aired.
    Prime entered production while Animated was still going strong for both Hasbro and CN.

Animated died because Hasbro wanted to expand into media and needed a strong line up of shows for their TV channel.

6. Rojixus

Rojixus Celebrating 40 Years of Transformers!

And then that ended up being an unmitigated disaster, so Animated died for nothing. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

I'm so glad I grew up in late 90's and 00's.
    Don't like this cheap and goofy direction of modern cartoons.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Lousan

Lousan New Member

A comedy version of Transformers I feel is the worst thing they can do growing up in the 80\'s I would see the Transformers wether villain or Hero a good cartoon to watch. I don\'t think I would ever see them as a bunch of clowns trying to attack each other and trying to be funny about it.

9. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

Huge fan of TMNT 2K12 here...I think they spent way too long on Northampton but in general I really enjoyed how 2K12 mixed action, drama, and comedy without going as zany as Rise and I enjoyed their take on the mythos more (maybe because it was closer to the standard, I guess?)

I think "standard" is more fair than calling it pretty average in my opinion, so it was up to the standard of what one would expect from a modern TF cartoon.

I liked parts of RID2015 and Cyberverse but I also think they had their own problems as TF cartoons (like how long the Cybertron storyline took to get going in the former and is then resolved in basically two episodes).

• Like Like x 2
  10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The title of this thread is misleading. It's not going to be a comedy, instead, the report says it's going to be an action-comedy which makes it in the same vein as something like Animated. Not saying it implies anything about quality, but it does change the subject matter.

• Like Like x 8
  11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I would agree with that, that's a pretty good way to put it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

Wait, you actually believe cartoons weren't cheap and goofy in the past?

Also, what's wrong with cartoon being goofy? They're literally children's entertainment.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if you were trying to be ironic but “a bunch of clowns trying to attack each other and trying to be funny about it” is a pretty dead on description for most of the original transformers show.

• Like Like x 6
  14. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I’m extremely excited for it. This has the potential to be a classic like beast wars, animated, and even prime. Hopefully it’ll be amazing.

15. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I'm hopeful that it'll be good. If anything, it should be better then the Prime Wars Trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say I have to see more of it before coming to a conclusion. But for now I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic, or at least not claim this will be utterly terrible or ruin the franchise before even seeing an image like some members here have done since the 90s.

• Like Like x 6
  17. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Ever since TFA annoyed me by striking into my pet peeve gallery and TFP basically broke all it's promises, I've kept my expectations VEEEEEEERY low, and I intend to do the same for this show. It might be simple but enjoyable like Rescue Bots, RiD2015 and Cyberverse, or it could be pretty obnoxious stuff. I am gonna give it a chance once it comes out, but for now, I'm not gonna jump the gun.

One thing it's certain, though, it can't be as bad or worse as the "mature" stuff (unless they really make the extra effort in screwing up).

Same.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I hear you, but not all is lost. We still get stuff with writing that doesn’t talk down to kids like Korra, Steven Universe, or more serialized stuff like DuckTales or Gravity Falls. Steven Universe in particular has a really cutesy look and has lots of filler with wacky hijinks probably partially to appease Cartoon Network, but it still has serialized plots and deals with the dark shit when it wants to actually focus on its plot. Cyberverse also wasn’t afraid to kill characters.

I realize everyone thinks of something different when you hear darker, edgier, etc. And I realize Cartoon Network is not particularly interested in making a show that a twenty-something year old can enjoy. But animation is just a medium that can entertain all ages and I definitely disapprove of stuff like Avengers Assemble that talks down to kids.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I have to see more but I'm optimistic. Hopefully the voice acting won't be a snoozefest like WFC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Hopefully its given a high animation budget like rise of tmnt and given a good time slot, so kids can actually watch the fuckin thing.... overall I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like Like x 2