NFL 2018-2019 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Big Dick Nick about to derail the Saints and I’m gonna love every minute of it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    So, a new wrinkle to last game's finish: Treyvon Hester tipped the ball during the kick. Which makes both the win and the loss slightly less clowntown.

3. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I'm watching reaction videos on this bad kicker...guy...whatever the fuck his name is, I don't even know, I'm not a sports guy- but the intensity in the reactions is deeply concerning to me.

I don't know if anyone had a stroke when this bad kick happened, but the emotional intensity that I've seen in sports fans, in these videos, leads me to believe that somebody might've actually had one....

Sports doesn't remotely impress me- I'm not impressed by somebody being able to kick a ball between 2 poles or shoot a half-court shot or lift 1,000 pounds- that doesn't impress me.

Finding a lasting cure to cancer.
    Discovering life on other planets.
    Creating a renewable energy source.
    Creating affordable methods for paralyzed patients to walk hands-free- like anyone else.
    That kind of stuff impresses me.

So for me to watch these reaction videos over this bad kick, and see the incredibly intense reactions in people: It kind of worries me a little....almost like: Do these people not have enough going on in their lives?

Some of the reactions I've seen were so intense that you would think their entire 2019 was just ruined, and they have no reason to get out of bed for the remainder of this year- they were that emotionally devastated.

And if people are pissed that crappy players are being paid so much: I've questioned it myself several times throughout my life, why DO athletes get paid so much? And I don't just mean NFL players, but all athletes.

I've been to enough NBA, NHL, and NFL games to look around and go: I honestly can't believe that something so simple interests so many people- and the amount of money invested in it is absolutely insane.

And what I mean by that is: It's not like we're witnessing anything historical- like the first real life fully functional Iron Man suit, or the first successful head transplant, or the first cloned dinosaur or human- but instead we're watching grown men and women pass, shoot, and slap balls and pucks around- into nets and goals- and we're acting like it's the most amazing thing EVER- and BILLIONS of dollars are being spent on it. I'll never understand it.

And I'm almost certain that if I ever became a sports guy- and I became as emotionally invested and tortured as some of the people I've seen: I'd have a heart attack or stroke. LOL

I've never understood why people take sports so seriously. It's just a game, but some of them act like their entire family was just murdered- it's that emotionally intense for them- and I watch them sometimes like: You seriously need to learn to relax....you're gonna have a stroke man- just chill...breathe. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. byronicbluez

byronicbluez Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So as 9ers fan I have no skin in this once rooting against Seattle came to completion. I would love a Chiefs vs. Eagles superbowl because I really want Andy Reid to win one or a qb controversy/Philly burning down would work too. Please make this happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Because when you are a fan of sports and have a team you become so invested in them and want to see them succeed, so when there doing dumb shit or something like that happens it seriously affects those that are fans

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

As far as investment in football goes, it’s just so ingrained in our modern culture, and it’s a huge part of everyone’s lives. I grew up in a small coal mining town like the one in the Tom Cruise movie “All The Right Moves” (which was actually filmed not too far from where I used to live). My high school team went winless two seasons ago, and everyone stopped what they were doing to watch the games on Friday nights anyway. It’s a community event on a large scale, and the fact that the teams represent cities and regions creates a sense of pride that you just don’t get in individual sports like tennis or something. Now, that’s no excuse to harass Cody Parkey the way some people have, and the fact of the matter is that there are much worse kickers out there. Remember Nick Folk singlehandedly giving a game away to the Patriots because of four chip shot misses? It was stupid of them to cut the always reliable Robbie Gould though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Patriot fans are already begging for the Eagles to trade Wentz too them. lol

8. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm not begging....but i wouldn't say no...he's just gotta stay healthy.

i mean philly clearly doesn't need him...the team plays different with foles. they play better....i get the feeling he's the one they rally behind and with good reason. i wouldn't blame wentz if he feels like a 5th wheel there these days.

9. byronicbluez

Ebay:
    Belichick would shut down hero ball attitude real quick. I honestly think Big Dick would be a better fit for the Pats.

10. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm gonna disagree...i think foles is good where he's at...you can tell by how the team reacts to him when he starts.

11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a Bengals fan, I wish I could honestly say the same thing. We would have been lucky to lose a playoff game this year...Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    You should have heard how angry people were when NFL Network launched and they didn't tell people they wanted approximately $1million a game more for just the first 8 games, than what was already negotiated with the cable companies....just to have the channel in the lineup. And because cable providers (not all) felt that was some dishonest crap, they didn't pay. So the first 8 games were blacked out to those cable providers that didn't pony up the money. Cable company customers of course, took their anger out on the cable company instead of NFL Network. I could have sworn that some folks...if they weren't already, they were about to be on blood pressure meds. All over not being able to watch a football game. Though I do agree with you that it's just a game, there are those who find more in these games than just pure entertainment. To each their own.

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    They play better with Foles because they run the football more. 10 runs against Dallas with Wentz and they lost the game, 31 runs against the Rams with Foles and they won. Clearly different play calling when Wentz is under center.

14. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Hero ball? What's that exactly? Wentz does what Pederson wants him to do.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  15. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he spreads the ball out more...the passing is also better.

after his first start this season they built a shrine to foles in the locker room that they refuse to let the media near...they ain't doin that with wentz.

am i the only one that seriously sees this is foles's team?

16. byronicbluez

Ebay:
    You can't change the formula to success. Start Wentz and get him injured right before the playoffs. You can't bench him, he must be injured! Then bring in Foles as the closer.

17. optimusmegas

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol right? week 8 every season wentz gets a "season ending injury"

18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh, that Eagles/Saints game reeks of an upset. Hoping not. On paper, Saints should roll over them, but Any Given Sunday and all that....

19. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Bruce Arians now the Buccaneers coach.

That's big.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Yeah Tampa has made some really good hires already. Bruce Arians is a great coach and a true QB whisperer. We’re talking about the guy who coached a young Peyton Manning, a young Ben Roethlisberger, a young Andrew Luck, and an MVP caliber season out of Carson Palmer. He had no business going 8-8 the year before last when he had to start Blaine Gabbert most of the year without David Johnson, but he coached them there. He could be just when Jameis Winston needs.

On a related note, I like that Arizona hired Kliff Kingsbury. It’s a risk, but it’s one that I believe is going to pay off. The NFL is using a lot more offensive schemes from college. The Bears’ offense this year was essentially the same as the Oregon Ducks’ offense last season. This guy won without a lot of talent at Texas Tech, and just look at the quarterbacks he’s coached. Say what you will about Case Keenum, but he is a capable starter in the NFL. He recruited and coached Patrick Mahomes. Before Mahomes, he coached Baker Mayfield before he transferred. He was the offensive coordinator for Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M. While Davis Webb is just a backup, the fact that he is on a roster and was drafted in the third round is still impressive considering how low anyone’s odds of making it in the pros are. It could be another Chip Kelly misfire, but I think he’ll be a good fit for Josh’s Rosen and building a system to complement his skill set.

• Like Like x 2