NFL 2018-2019 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I don't have any particular name in mind but Washington needs a good WR. Not that there is much reason to be optimistic about their chances - the history of Redskins WR draft outcomes is so bad as to be nearly impossible statistically.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Since Big Ben now plans on playing through the rest of his contract, thankfully a QB is not one of the Steelers’ major needs, and we can see how Josh Dobbs has progressed from last year. Right now, I’d say their biggest needs are Inside Linebacker (I’m hoping for the best with Shazier, but you have to be prepared), Safety (Mike Mitchell is a bum on and off the field), and tight end (I don’t think Vance McDonald is the receiving threat they were looking for). I’m hoping they go after Rashaan Evans from Alabama first. Roquan Smith would be ideal, but I don’t see him falling to 28, but both are really good at covering the entire field and getting inside pressure. Then, I’d like to see them take Marcus Allen. Not just because I’m a Penn State fan, he’s a good leader on and off the field, and he’s a physical presence that they need at Safety. He doesn’t have a lot of interceptions, but he doesn’t allow a lot of completions or big gains either. Again, he’s great at run stopping and blitzes too. As far as tight end goes, I’d like to see them grab Dallas Goedert. He may play at the FCS level, but just look at his highlights on YouTube. Incredible catches are his forte, and he reminds me of Travis Kelce.

• Like Like x 1
  3. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    Your analysis is better than that jackass Mel Kiper, that's for sure....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rusty24

Thanks. While I don’t claim to be an expert, I often feel like a lot of these media scouts get too caught up in measurables. For instance, a lot of scouts thought DeShone Kizer was the best quarterback in last year’s draft class when I had been saying all along that it would be Deshaun Watson or Pat Mahomes. They really liked Kizer’s size and pro style experience, but my problem with him was that it wasn’t very good experience, and that Watson and Mahomes are better leaders. Apparently, general managers seemed to agree with my mindset because teams traded up for those two and both Watson and Mahomes will be starters next year while Kizer fell to the Browns and became a turnover machine that won’t be starting in 2018.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:

Word.

• Like Like x 1
  6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Did he mug a Mummer for that outfit? or maybe buy it used from a mardi gras troop?

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    They most likely made it for him. The Mummers were performing for them when they left for Minnesota for the Super Bowl. He sure drank at of beers yesterday. :) 

8. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Rusty24

You would think he’d have learned something from the way he dropped from a top 10 pick due to a failed drug test at the Combine all the way to the end of the first round

Based on his Twitter posts, I think Von Miller might be overdoing it a little with the Kirk Cousins recruitment.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2018
  11. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
  12. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
  13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

14. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i find this particular smiley to be rather dumb and overused for things that aren't really funny around here....but if i'm gonna use it i'm using it for the most appropriate post.....namely this one....
    :lolol 

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:

Backhanded compliment or a bit trolling...?
    Hmmmm.... I'm laughing about the Cowboys winning... not his hopes that they will. Be a little less snarky when posting please.

Now... I like their chances of winning about as much as the Titans. Ha!!!! For emphasis.... :lolol 

16. Rusty24

I just realized something funny. At last year’s draft in Philadelphia, the Cowboys had one of their former players troll all the Eagles fans right before he announced their first round pick. Now the draft is in Dallas this year, and they have to call the Eagles “Super Bowl Champions” in the heart of Jerry World when they make their pick.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    "And with the 31st pick in the NFL Draft the Super Bowl Champions Philadelphia Eagles select.........." That's going to be great. :lol  Dallas will not be able to top our NFL Draft anyway. I wish it they would have had it in New York instead, I would have gone to it. Brandon Graham is a must sign or the Eagles. If Suh can get his act together and play along side Cox and Graham? That D line would be unstoppable. Teams wouldn't be able to double team Cox anymore. But I don't know about Suh, after all he is a cancer.

Ndamukong Suh told Eagles he'd play for them for free

18. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

It's not often that you see NFL players cutting WWE promos.

19. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rusty24

Not to brag, but I totally called that Marcus Peters trade. He’s a great player, but he’s also a bit of a prick. If KC gets a couple high draft picks for him, I’d say they win that deal.

Also, I’m seeing rumors that the Steelers could acquire Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (I’m still shocked that’s not a parody name) for Martavis Bryant. That would be a brilliant move. Bryant’s attitude didn’t really match his production last year, and they could really use help at Safety like that. They already have great depth at receiver anyway.