NFL 2017-2018 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bed Bugs, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I think Plaxico Burress is available too.

Adrian Peterson just got traded to Arizona for a draft pick. Now he can suck there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    heh I guess he could not deal with not being the star RB after all. lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

Wait, what?! :eek:  I guess he wasn't fit for the Saints offensive play style. Going to miss having him even though he probably didn't get to play much.

• Like Like x 1
  4. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    So the Saints trade AD to the Cardinals.

That said, is AD a first ballot HOF'er ? Not sure about first ballot but eventual HOF'er, yes. But not before Frank Gore though.

EDIT: Just in time for the Bucs to have him look like an All-Pro again. Seriously. I'm going to go get him in FF for that very reason.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Man, he was bound to whip Sean Payton's ass at one point, lol...

• Like Like x 1
  6. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    With a stick.:stick: 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That AP trade was a great move for everyone. Arizona needs a lead back badly since David Johnson went down. AP clearly wasn't working well with the Saints coaching staff, and he somehow didn't get the message everyone else did that he wasn't going to be an every down back (even after they hung on to Mark Ingram and traded up for Alvin Kamara in the second round). New Orleans gets another draft pick out of it too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    He was also available on waivers in each of my FF leagues too. I picked him up as a replacement for Dalvin Cook.

9. Rusty24

Personally, I submitted a waiver claim for Kamara to replace Isaiah Crowell (who didn't break out like I expected him to). Payton doesn't seem to like Ingram much either (hence these aforementioned moves), and Kamara had like 10 receptions in his last game before the bye. I can't say I need him too much though. I have Devonta Freeman, Leonard Fournette, and Doug Martin as my main running backs.

Also, Tom Brady didn't practice today because of a shoulder injury. Say it with me, MADDEN CURSE!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
  11. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    It's Florida. It takes all types is a phrase that Florida unfortunately proves true everyday.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:

14. Rusty24

It's not that surprising, the Cowboys have been riding their "America's Team" BS for nearly nearly 40 years, and that has somehow attracted a lot of fans outside of Texas. Even though that title was originally offered to the Steelers for a video about one of their Super Bowl seasons in the 70's, and Dan Rooney turned it down because he said "there are a bunch of teams in America, we're Pittsburgh's team." That same guy who made the videos later slapped it on a Cowboys video. Not to mention, there's all the bandwagoners from the Super Bowls and their cheerleaders.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I'm sorry, but I chuckled at that. Try being an 0-5 49ers fan. We have all kinds of bridges here, but you don't see Niners fans jumping off of them after a loss.

:lol 

16. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    John McKay once derisively and sarcastically said that the reason there was a hole at Texas Stadium was so "God could watch his favorite team".

That said, LOTS of Dallas fan in Florida. Actually, there are a LOT of fans of pretty much EVERY team in Florida. Florida consists of people from pretty much everywhere. It is an "interesting" microcosm to be honest. (As for myself, I was born here and have never left. I think I am the only person in Florida to be honest.)

Example: One house could have a gay pride rainbow flag on it while the house next door could have a rebel flag stars and bars flag on it with the biggest conflict between the two neighbors being whose pet crapped on whose lawn. Seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  17. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Man, this NFL season has been fucked. I mean, really fucked. Another player now walks out on the Giants, coaches snorting coke with hookers, Anthem issue, players getting injured left and right. Damn.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I blame Goddell.

Doesn't help matters much that Ditka is saying what he is saying too. (No more elaboration for obvious reasons)

• Like Like x 2
  19. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    "I no longer coach the Bears, Bill. Yep, that's right. I coach the Saints. Yep. And we suck."

-Mike Ditka, in an episode of SNL during a Superfans sketch

LOL.

I remember back in 1992 when the Bears came to Tampa and after the Bucs won 20-17, a Bucs fan dumped beer on Mike Ditka. All of a sudden, his wife, who was walking back to the locker room with the rest of the team and coaches, picked up the empty beer bottle, threw it back at the fan, cussed the fan out, and had to be restrained from going into the stands by Mike himself, lol...

EDIT: Hey, hey! Look at this! An archive of the story is online and it somewhat is about how I remember it, slightly, maybe:

TAMPA, Fla. -- Instead of lashing out at his players, Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka -- with an assist from his wife -- saved his oral fireworks for a couple of spectators yesterday immediately after his team lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 20-17.

Separated by a fence, Ditka got into a cursing match with one spectator en route to the visitors' dressing room at Tampa Stadium. Some of his players pushed him away from the irate spectator and toward the dressing room.

However, another spectator threw a crumpled beer cup at Ditka from an elevated ramp. Ditka made an obscene gesture at the man and cursed him over and over.

Meanwhile, Diana Ditka, the coach's wife, picked up the cup and hurled it back at the man who had thrown it at her husband. Much like Bears kicker Kevin Butler on his errant attempt to tie the score in the final seconds, her shot was wide left.

The shouting and gesturing match ended when a police officer pushed Ditka into the dressing room.

"He called me a bad name, and I called him a bad name," Ditka said afterward, walking away from the press.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  20. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.