NFL 2017-2018 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bed Bugs, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

So Trevathan's suspension is reduced from two to just one game. The NFL is such a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  2. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    How he hasn't been hit with a massive injury lawsuit yet I still have no idea.

• Like Like x 1
  3. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    I am wondering if the NFL and/or players union is trying to either talk Adams out of it -or- he has already agreed to a settlement/payout.

The reason why is that if he did it would set a precedent that could set off a bunch of lawsuits all over the league and trickle into other sports...

Maybe. I don't know...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Seriously? That's just farked up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    In other news, no word on Ezekiel Elliot's case. Yet. But I guess they say it's coming "soon." Whenever "soon" is. I really wish they'd just get this over with. Suspend him. Or don't suspend him. *smh*...

• Like Like x 1
  6. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Cam Newton is now the worst person in the NFL according to Yahoo. Geez. Let the poor guy be. He didn't do anything wrong and made an innocent joke. He isn't a bad guy. A bit overrated and arrogant and a bit of a braggart, but not a bad guy like half of the Bengals roster....

(EDIT: Check that, more like most of the Bengals roster....)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Eh who cares anymore. He said this, she said that. Everyone's a jerk these days :lol 

Now that I think about how bad the Patriot's have been playing, tomorrow night's game should be interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier in the year, the Chiefs had the perfect blue print on how to beat the Patriots, and I think Tampa has the ability to at least do some of what they accomplished. Kansas City just kept pounding them with their running game, and with how bad New England's secondary is this year, that just opens up more deep shots to burners like Tyreek Hill and DJAX. The only question is if we'll see 2015 Doug Martin or 2016 Doug Martin. From what I've read and seen on Hard Knocks, it looks like he turned his life around, and he's now in the best shape of his life. On defense you have to take away the middle of the field and underneath routes. Brady had under 50% completion percentage against the Chiefs, and he was forced to go downfield a lot (in which he was 2/10 on 20+ yard passes). That's where things get interesting because Tampa's defense looked like it was developing into an elite unit at the end of last year, and they haven't exactly looked like that yet. Jameis also has to play mistake free. Look at Alex Smith, he's still taking care of the football this year, but he's taking more deep shots when they're available to him. Don't force the balls into small windows unless you have to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Hate to say it but.....Patriots 31, Bucs 20

Reverse jinx ? We'll find out tonight at 8:30....

That said, both of the Bucs two best linebackers, Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander, are still out as is T.J. Ward.

Btw, you're a damn good analyst...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

I wouldn't count the Bucs out against NE. As much as I'd love to see a loss from a rival NFC South team (each loss makes it easier for the Birds to get the division title) the P's have looked vulnerable. If the Bucs' defense can get a few stops against Brady I think they have a pretty good shot at winning.

The scary part is, these ARE the Belichick/Brady Pats, and it seems only a matter of time before they go off and start destroying people.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rusty24

I'm studying engineering. So breaking things down and analyzing them is just sort of what I do. Speaking of which, I'll likely miss the first half tonight because of a late Thermodynamics exam.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    "Sean Lockyer couldn't spell Thermodynamics if you gave him the T, the Y or the S."

-Hollywood Henderson (as a Steelers fan I know you'll get the in joke here)

That said though, wow. I envy you. What field are you looking at getting into ? While I am not a P.E. I am a design professional in one of the construction trades (fire sprinkler protection and life safety).

When people ask what a "design professional" is I tell them that I'm a poor mans engineer, which is basically true as I do the same day to say engineering that a P.E. does. The main difference is that I actually know how things are put together instead of just reading about it in a book. I love engineering but I am always afraid I will become like a staid, corporate bureaucrat that lacks critical three dimensional thinking skills like many engineers and P.E.'s tend to do today...

In other words, don't let go of your individuality. Don't worry about over thinking things. Trust common sense and street sense over a book any day of the week. Geez, I feel old....

• Like Like x 1
  13. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Yes, I agree. NEVER count them out.

That said though - get a load of this:

This is Bill Belichicks first regular season appearance as a head coach in Tampa and Tom Brady's first regular season game in Tampa as well.

14. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Not sure how much Martin will even play tonight. I drafted him on a few of my fantasy teams and stashed him away so I'd like to see him do well, especially after Dalvin Cook was lost for the rest of the year...

• Like Like x 1
  15. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    There, NOW it's funny, lol....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I think you're worrying over tonight's game a lil much :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rusty24

Yeah I drafted Martin in later rounds, and I have to start him tonight with Devonta Freeman on a bye week.

My major is pretty unique. We study a mix between mechanical and electrical engineering. We also get a lot of hands on experience with our labs and senior projects too. I'm leaning more mechanical just because I hate software programming (the hardware side of electrical is what I'm fine with), and my internship was a mechanical engineering one as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    @seanlockyer Your odds just went in your favor, Gronk's not playing tonight!

19. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    But my fantasy teams will suffer! Lol....

20. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Neither here nor there but Good Lord, they're acting like Cam Newton killed someone.

Geez. EVERYONE has said something that has seemed or been inappropriate at one time or another.

I guess this is a byproduct of the talking idiots at the four letter network needing something to yell and scream at each other about.....

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.