NFL 2017-2018 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cbff, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    May the best team win.

• Like Like x 1
  2. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Yours, General Cartman E. Lee

Ebay:
    Not trying to flame anyone here folks, but Marshawn Lynch looks big time washed up.

EDIT: TONS of empty seats in Miami. Whose bright idea was it to feature the Dolphins at home on network primetume TV ? Miami is a LOUSY sportstown.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  3. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    That's why I pick the jets to win. The Bucs are a mental head case right now and the jets are 0laying good team ball.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Oh man! That big #73 getting his legs taken out on that fumble recovery. :lol 

5. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

One of those rare good days for me where the Raiders win and the Seahawks lose! Ha!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!!!

While it's awesome that they are on fire right now, I'd much rather have them playing this way down the stretch of the season. Way too early to be crowning anybody in November.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

So...are the cowboys good? Does this mean the Packers would've been better than the Chiefs? The NFL hierarchy is on the brink of collapse and Green Bay can't even take advantage.

8. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Yo, Ding Dong man. Ding Dong. Ding Dong, yo.

What's so irritating is that the Falcons' defense has not been the problem. They're holding opposing teams to a reasonable average. Every game they've lost they would have won last year when the offense was actually performing up to its potential. ESPN even asked the question last week: how can a team with the reigning MVP, one of the top 3 receivers, and maybe the best RB duo struggle to put 20 points on the board? Their mediocrity this year is solely the fault of the underperforming offense. Their new OC is already on the hot seat for some questionable playcalls. After last year, when Shanahan threw away the SB by being too aggressive and refusing to run out the clock, I never thought Falcons fans would be begging for him to come back :p 

What's even MORE irritating is that most of the NFC teams are either underperforming or ravaged by injuries, so the window to win a SB is wide open if the Falcons can finally put some consistent drives together.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Yes we are good! We had to work out kinks furst few games now we are getting this rolling.

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Just gotta hope Zeke does not punch anyone. (On or off the field)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Cowboys are good with Zeke, but I am curious once the suspension is in place how they do. Especially if that suspension is through their first game with the Eagles. Wild card in the NFC is gonna be rough and they're already behind in their division.

12. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

If the Niners and Brown both go 0-16, who gets the first pick in the draft? There are no tie breakers if you don't win a game. Perhaps it comes down to points scored?

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Isn't it determined by strength of schedule?

• Like Like x 1
  14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    The NFL has tie breakers to decide such matters but I am unsure which is the primary one they would go to first.

15. Sylent

You may be right. It could be strength of schedule and if that is equal, it's a coin flip.

Draft Order:

• Determination of Draft order for the 32 NFL teams is based on the record and playoff finish by each team in that year.
    • For the teams that did not make the playoffs, order is determined by overall season record, with the worst record picking first.
    • For the teams that made the playoffs, the rest of the picks are ordered by playoff record, with the teams that lose getting lower picks based on which round they were ousted and the Super Bowl winner getting the last pick.
    • For the playoff teams that got eliminated in the same round, their order is determined by regular season record.
    • Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team's opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice.
    • The next tie breaker would be record against conference opponents and then divisional opponents.
    • Coin flip will occur if tie still exists
    • After the first round, the order is determined by revolving the teams with the same records, with the team that just picked first of the group picking last in the next round.
    • If there is an expansion team, that team will pick first, and if there are two expansion teams, they will flip a coin with one team getting the first pick in the draft and the other in the expansion draft of current players.

16. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Bucs are a poor mans Falcons this year. And I mean poor. POOR. As in piss poor. Even by Bucs standards. I think Winson might just say to hell with it in a few years and go play baseball.

17. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    They'll play an extra game called the REPUS Bowl (REPUS is Super spelled backwards), weak cymbal shot...

18. Sylent

More like the Toilet bowl... and by then, my Niners won't even be able to field a team with all the injuries.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LET's GEAUX SAINTS!

Hope Evans gets suspension for that BS hit.

What a disappointment the Bucs are, I thought they were going to run with this division. Them or the Saints.

But I think the Saints record is all smoke and mirrors. The real test will be vs the Rams and rival Falcons in ATL. They've been beating injured/mediocre teams and crushed by division leaders (Vikings/Patriots).

• Like Like x 1
  20. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    I pegged the Bucs as a 7-9 team back in August. Even though they were nearly 11-5 last year they were also nearly 6-10 too. Mike Evans is a punk with million dollar talent and a ten cent head. I also think Desean Jackson has been a bad influence on him. The Bucs need a a Vincent Jackson type leader in the locker room. Right now, they have Jameis Winston and a bunch of prima donna punks that talk a lot of garbage and act like macho alpha males when in reality they are just a bunch of fake tough guys.

As a Bucs fan since 1982 I saw this coming. I was even booted off a popular Bucs site b/c I said the Bucs would go 7-9 when all of the other kool aid drinkers said 12-4, lol...

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.