NFL 2014-15 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Good embrace it!

Even though, I think if the Cowboys get to the SB and win it all on questionable calls, the validity of the NFL will be put into question.

I for one will admit that I would be butt hurt all over it.

If your taking your chances with predictable outcomes, do you take your chances with the Pats being the Pats at home against the Ravens?

And hence why this will win the cowboys the game:

[​IMG]

Now have Refs ever done this before?

Is this the NFL ref czar on Cowboys' party bus? Irate NFL execs say yes - CBSSports.com

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Do I think we win? Yes. Would I place any amount of money on that idea? Nope.

3. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Jerry is just giving he writes checks to hospitals, people in need, the poor, refs, the nfl, texas.

Your just doubting his caring heart lol

4. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Seahawks over the Panthers, Packers over the Cowboys.

5. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    OMG you are coming off as the biggest fanboy ever.

For starters...
    NBC Sports

Second.. we all know Dallas' formula for winning is RUNNING THE BALL. It's why Dallas is finally successful after 9 years under Romo... because the game isn't ON ROMO TO WIN.

Romo's season everyone is so happy with is because he's doing LESS.. and with LESS comes less mistakes. His attempts are way DOWN. He's succeeded this year by doing LESS and being more accurate in that downsized effort.

It's hysterical when you so ardently defend a guy as clutch when the CHOKE is the guy's biggest hang-up and why the team is known for their dismal late season performances. This year is different - but that doesn't rewrite history.

Just like Sanchez... he had his window of glory where everyone forgot who he really was... then it all came crashing back to reality.

6. xMostWanted559x

I have watched every game of Romo, it's not that he's not good. We just depended on him too much. Finally this year with a run game allowed him to play safely and not take chances. For example the sacks against the Lions would have been int in previous years due to him wanting to throw instead.

But in a shootout like against broncos last year we are more than capable to hanging with the high power passing teams

7. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I am a fanboy for stating a fact? Yes, I stated a fact, not an opinion. Rodgers when needing to make a comeback in the 4th has a very low success rate. Possibly the lowest out of big name QBs. Romo's is much higher. It's not something to debate. It is fact. Look it up. Also, Rodgers rating when behind (at least this year) is much lower than it usually is. You come off as an ignorant no nothing who eats up whatever the media feeds him.

Romo gets no help...he sucks, he can't do it all (this criteria does not apply to other QBs). Romo has some help (still a suspect D), it's the team, Romo is just going along for the ride(funny, when Brady or Rodgers or others have success with other great players, that doesn't matter then). Be consistent, not stupid. Stupid people don't think the team matters and only blame/credit the QB. Look at the records of the teams when their QBs have a bad game. When Romo has a bad game the Cowboys have a terrible record. When Brady, or Matt Ryan have a bad game, the record is much better. That's indicative of the TEAM. This is a TEAM game, and only stupid people (which there are many) attribute team stats to individual players.

You probably think Matt Ryan is great at clutch time because of his wonderful nickname, Matty Ice. Doesn't matter that he's 1-4 in the playoffs (Romo is 2-3, winning two of the last 3).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  8. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  9. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Guys, ease up on the namecalling. We would seriously find it silly to have to take action for something as asinine as this.

10. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I want:
    Ravens > Pats
    Pack > Boys
    Colts > Broncos
    Seahawks > Panthers

Colts/Packers SB (yeah right, but I can hope)

What I would bet:
    Pats > Ravens
    Boys > Pack
    Broncos > Colts

Seahawks > Panthers

11. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sports are serious business.

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    A couple of things on this.

Romo does indeed have comebacks. But Romo also has the flip side of the coin where "going Romo" comes from. For every comeback he has had, there is also a game he has lost due to an untimely INT in the 4th Quarter.

In addition, Romo durning the regular season, and Romo during the playoffs is 2 different players. In the playoffs he tends to go more Romo then not.

As for your comments about the QB. You must be kidding. It all starts and ends with the QB. Especially on any incomplete team. The only team that I could 100% say that the QB stress is not there to the same level is Seattle and that is because that is such a complete team.

Why don't you go and ask Matt Stafford, Sam Bradford, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Ben Rothlisberger and the list goes on and on and on. All those QB's are constantly being occused of sucking and hence why their team loses.

I mean, just look at Eli in 2013. He's a bum, he needs to get replaced, who is the back up, so on and so forth. Let's not mention that the O Line was the worst in the league. So bad so that 6 RB got injured and out for the year because of that O Line. On top of having no RB and no O Line, the receivers would run wrong routes.

But it was Eli and his fault. Sub Eli for any other QB.

So stop with the "Romo doesn't have a fair shake". He has the same shit as everyone else. You know what the problem is with Romo? He chokes when it counts. Once he stops doing that, then people can say how great he is. Right now he has ARod disease.

The other thing I want to make clear, is this. The reason why Rogers, Brady and Manning are considered all time greats is because of the constant success they have on crap teams. Most if not all of the GB teams Rogers has led have sub standard talent. Rogers literally carries the whole team. Manning got injured and the Colts went 1-15. Brady is going to the playoffs every year. Year in and year out.

What has Romo done to even be considered any where close to that great? He has stats. But being a Yankee fan and seeing both sides, Stats don't mean a thing. It's win that mean something. Romo needs a complete team top down to win it all. If he doesn't have that, he cannot carry the team.

BTW, Eli won the SB with a Defense ranked last in the league. Hence why he will always be above Romo.

13. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

I'm a little surprised at how many people think NE takes Baltimore.

I don't think NE has much of running game. Brady is good, but he's not superhuman. I think they are going to put big time pressure on him.

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Are you really. Every year NE is supposed to take every team. They are a media darling.

I think people who know better, actually think this may be their biggest challenge this year.

Even though I think NE is more talented then Baltimore, I just think Baltimore knows how to beat NE, and that is key.

Actually, beating NE is pretty easy in theory. Fluster Brady, hit Brady and Brady won't be Brady.

15. flynnibus

Ebay:
    You state facts you can't cite.... And use words like 'probably' and use the word stupid over and over. Real credible....

Romo has lots of highs... But he also has lots of lows... And in a qb lead league he has exactly one playoff win before this week and had a qbr in playoff games over 100 only once. Coming into this year romo's record in dec was 12-17. They have had exactly one playoff win under romo prior to this year. They missed the playoffs three years in a row on the last game of the season. That is not clutch football - that is choke

The team wins and loses, but not all team members contribute equally. There is no denying the importance of the qb in this league, nor is there any denying the team played better this year with romo doing LESS. Yards, attempts are both down.... And the teams wins, turnover ratio, Touchdowns, and more areBETTER with romo doing less. He played more Alex smith rather than farve this year and the team is better overall for it.

That association isn't by chance. It's indicative of what the team relied upon for its success.

Congrats on game winning drive stats tony! Too bad you still missed the playoffs four years in a row. They couldn't come through and win the ones that counted.

You are hysterical... Pooing on Ryan because he can't win the playoff games where romo's record is a whole ONE game better??

You better hope JJ drops his pants and gives Dez everything he wants and pray witten stays healthy.

Facts remain the same. Romo didn't make this season happen on his back - he made this season by stepping back and Making less mistakes. Ints are way down... Attempts are down

16. flynnibus

Ebay:
    Here's the problem... Ravens rely on zone defense so much and can't defend the wideouts off the line because we have a grab bag secondary. Brady is a master of the quick throw...

Pass rush doesn't help against those quick drops. Look for the usual Ravens let them March down the field and hope to hold them to a fg

17. Crockett

Well, I guess I forgot about that. :lol 

18. Crockett

I think it's just hard to say how good they actually are because of their soft schedule. They played Cinci on Oct. 5 and Denver on Nov. 2. Beyond that, was mostly just average teams at best-for quite some time.

19. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    NE (for once) totally didn't have a soft schedule.

Bengals
    Broncos
    Colts
    Dolphins x2 (their defense is elite)
    Packers
    Lions
    Chargers

I think we were ranked 10 overall in strength of schedule. Also, we actually have a decent run game for once, with Blount and Gray.

20. xMostWanted559x

Cowboys win one playoff game...every one doesn't get along lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.