NFL 2014-15 Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotRamjet97, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    However it happened, I'm happy with the Divisional round matchup. It's gonna be a great weekend of football. My favorite weekend of football of the year actually. All the matchup are intriguing except maybe the Car vs Sea game, even then Car always seem to give Sea a hard time.

2. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Can you imagine how bonkers everyone will become if a Team with a record of 7-8-1 wins the Superbowl

3. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    This. Very, very much.

4. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
  5. ljacone

ljacone Decepticon Pretender

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Carolina took care of business on Saturday. If the Defense can keep that level of play against Seattle, things can get interesting. But the mistakes need to be eliminated. Arizona scored all of their points due to actions of the Panthers -- both turnovers lead to TDs, and then the safety of course. Take those turnovers out and Carolina's D might have pitched a shut out. Should be a good matchup.

I was out and about yesterday so I only saw a bit of the Dallas-Detroit game. I was surprised to see Dallas pull it off. Them and Green Bay should, again, be a good matchup. I have not particular rooting interest in that game other than a general dislike of the Cowboys (growing up as a Giants fan and all that).

Over on the AFC side, again, no rooting interest for me but should be two really solid games, I think. Colts and Broncos is almost always a good game, and then the Ravens going into Foxboro should be worth watching.

6. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

Once the forward motion stops, then it can' be a fumble.

WTF?

GB needs to get out in front quickly, in order to keep Dallas off the ground. If you make Tony pass, then he is that much more likely to make a mistake.
    I wonder if Romo is gonna stop by Burlington WI, where he grew up. That would be cool.

7. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Seattle makes it to the NFC championship and loses. Then you'll see a mass defection from the Seahawks bandwagon.

8. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
  9. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good thing I'm not a Lions fan. I would've been livid last night. Refs really screwed up that PI call

10. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon (Retired)

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Illegal hands to the face/face mask on the receiver would have offset the pass interference penalty if things would have been called 100% correctly.

Picking it up ended in the same result as offsetting, except they would have gotten an extra down.

11. Crockett

Crockett natural bodybuilder

Sure, but the Lions sucked in the 2nd half. We didn't notice because we were focused on Dallas floundering. Bad snap on a field goal, terrible punt, 80 yd. TD reception, turnovers, lack of a running game, couldn't get off the field on 4th and 5, etc. They were up big with the ball to start the 2nd half. Drive down and score and the officials become a non-factor. Complete teams win in the playoffs. Incomplete teams make early exits. Dallas is lucky to be moving on and will be exiting next week.

12. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Extra down would have been big there though, it was 1 yard. Lions played it too safe either way, should have went for it on that 4th and 1. It's 1 yard, the Coach really should have had more guts there. Cowboys did the right thing and went for it on 4th and 6 when it mattered.

13. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Dude, I'm totally with you. It was the dumbest rule. I'm glad they got rid of it. (At least I think they did).

14. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you add the PI plus the penalty that should've been called on Dez during the SAME DAMN PLAY, the Lions move to the 15 yard line and most likely score. Chances are they would've won had the refs handled that properly

15. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I agree. I'm really suprised how many penalties were not called in the game, were earlier in the season flags were being thrown on the field left and right.

17. Crockett

My point was that bad things tend to happen to teams who aren't playing well. There's not a lot of luck in sports, you make your own good fortune. They let them hang in there and things went south. They had the opportunity to put them away and didn't take advantage of it.

18. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I just think the whole thing is stupid, it's only because it was the Dallas Cowboys who benefited, which in the NFL fan base, automatically means they cheated.

People would not be talking about this situation if it didn't involve a popular team like the Cowboys, Patriots or Seahawks.

19. Crockett

I think it's stupid because neither of these teams is very good. :lol 

And it's a wildcard game. Many such games are not playoff caliber. There have been years where I skipped 3 of the 4 games because the teams just weren't good.

Detroit quietly played like crap. They're no match for GB, who beat them last week w/ Rodgers on one leg. If anyone thinks Dallas go into GB and play like crap, missing tackles, penalties, missed field goals, unneccessary sacks, fumbling, guys running onto the field helmetless, etc., it won't happen. They will get smoked.

20. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I think the Cowboys will challenge the Packers somewhat, comes all down to who makes the most mistakes on offense, which, the Cowboys for the most part, are more likely to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.