Next WST Dinobot Is Slag - WST Dinobot Snarl Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Orodruin, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    darn it _I think I have to get one..

2. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I got my figure today, and it truely is SWEET. My only major complaint is that the sticker have GOT to be the WORST CUT stickers I've ever seen. Half of mine tore (even after tracing them with an Xacto knife) while I was putting them on.

Bring on Slag, but work on the stickers or leave them off and paint them on!

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Really??? Hmmm... I'm gonna have to be careful when I apply them...

Is there any way to apply them where they won't tear??? :huh

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I found out that my notification came yesterday first thing am, it was hidden in my junk folder :S so hopefully tomorrow or friday it'll show up!!

Andy

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah the stickers are the one downside. Mine weren't too bad, after the first one snagged a bit I was very careful with the rest. I'd suggest prying up one edge of the sticker and sliding a razor blade around the rest of the edge to make sure it'll come away clean.

6. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    So even using an exacto knive isn't a a guarantee??? Damn... That's some pretty fragile stickers!!! :( 

7. REDLINE

News Credits:
    hey, at least its the stickers, and NOT the Dinobot, that's cheapened! :thumb  If I had to choose, that's certainly the way I'd have gone... I wouldn't be surprised if in the near future we see those WST Upgrade sticker sets from Reprolabels anyway!

Andy

8. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Got mine today and I love it! The feeling I got opening the box, looking at the paperwork and playing with the toy itself was vary close to what it was like as a kid, opening the real thing. I never get that feeling from newer main-line TF toys, so it was exciting.

I am truly amazed by the quality and excellent overall finish on this toy. I'd say it's as good as a real WST, but in fact it seems BETTER. I was so happy to find that the clear-canopy compartment on his chest actually opens! The fit of all the parts is magnificent, there is just no sloppiness or "cheap" feel to any of it.

I haven't removed any stickers from the sheet, and I don't really plan to, so they aren't an issue for me.

So far this little dino is my favorite toy to come out this year (I know it's only March), and it's well worth $15. Hell, I paid more than that for many of my official WST toys. I can't wait to have to whole collection of Dinobots displayed towering over the other WST toys. I'm almost liking JustiToys better than Takara these days!

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Slag can't come soon enough for me. My brother better order Snarl (he's got dips on that and Swoop) or I will. These are perfect size to pose with G1 Devastator. It's about the same size as a Constructicon right?

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here. That said I was so happy to get mine today. I always wanted a snarl and now I have one. He looks great next to G1 Devastator and Armada Unicron.

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Got mine today. He's AMAZING. I can't believe this was essentially a fan made item. It's solid, bigger than I expected, and nearly everything that worked on the full size figure works here. The stickers are the sole weak point, they're very poorly cut. I actually lost the dino head Autobot symbol, but no big deal; a small Reprolabels faction symbol fixed that.

12. Straycat

Straycat TFQ Addict in Rehab

Yes, the stickers are terrible. Not only are they poorly cut, I was trying to move one into position a little after sticking it on, and the ink started to rub off on my hand! Seems to me Justittoys should have seriously paid reprolabels to do these for them, they would have been 10x better.

I am really starting to wonder if something is wrong with mine. He is cool looking, and the parts seem well made--but some of the joints are REALLY loose. His waist joint is the worst--his torso slides up and down on it like it's just a loose peg (doesn't come off, so when you stand him on a shelf it goes into the right position, but still-pick him up by the torso and peg slides back out again). Anyone else had this problem with the waist? I never had a G1 Snarl--is the original toy like that or something?

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I really hope ReproLabels does a replacment Sticker sheet for him, I just tried putting mine together, and even with scissors and meticulous care 1/2 of them never made it on because the pre-cut stank. plus thier are some of the bigger stickers that wheren't included.

(Oh and yes, the original snarls joints were THAT LOOSE, so it's a pretty dead on interbritation)

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Is anyone elses Snarl missing a fist? :( 

15. REDLINE

News Credits:
    well, I can't speak for BOTH of mine, but the one I opened is as close to flawless as you could expect.

16. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I initially only ordered one of these, but after getting it and seeing how awesome it is, I ordered a second one.

17. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Blast it, guess I'll be ordering this thing now. I didn't even want it until reading this thread, and hearing I'll need to get them all to get Swoop. Although, then again, it doesn't seem like that much of a sacrifice! :) 

18. Wheels

Wheels Cammy's Boy Toy

This is really some good news about the quality of the toy. :thumbs2: 
    But as for the stickers, I guess I won't be putting any on. I was planning to leave one clean in dino mode(looks better clean), except for the fraction symbol on the head, and have the second one in robot mode with all the stickers. But I guess not now. :( 

If Repolabels do make one up, I hope that they'll add the rib cage mech detail stickers similar to the actual G1 toy, it looks too odd without them. :sly2: 

Since I live in Canada, I'm still waiting for mine to show up. I was wondering if any Canadians have already received thiers yet? :huh

BTW, the original toy had a red sword while the WST has a grey one. :peoples: 
    Ah well, looks more realistic in grey. :D 

19. Straycat

Straycat TFQ Addict in Rehab

Thanks for the info Kaiju :) 

So everyone else that is saying "This thing is so awesome" has a waist that is super-loose? And you don't mind? Just want to confirm, I'm still wondering about mine.

Even if that is accurate to the G1 toy, seems like they should have done something to improve that problem.

20. REDLINE

News Credits:
    yep, mine's loose, as is and was my original... and the stickers go on just fine, just trace the cuts with a knife before you try to peel them off, I didn't have any tears at all.

Andy

PS it was said by me earlier in the this thread that the WST's sword is grey because that makes it SHOW ACCURATE :thumb