next series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by megatron10824, May 25, 2009.

1. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

ya, Japan sucks...HARD not with toys but with cartoons

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Transformers: Resolute? :) 

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I would love to see an alternate realitly series that would be set in the past, like hearts of steel. I think if it was set pre-ww2 it may give some really neat story lines, a well as some amazing new transformer modes.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Something with ZERO fan input. Other than that, I don't care what they do.

5. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing though is that practically every Transformer cartoon is supposed to push toy sales. So the kiddie factor will probably always be there.

A series based on the adventures of the Brave Decepticon Toaster would be EPIC.

That would be an interesting way to go. Bandai have kept Gundam going all this time with new series and new characters, but they always release new products like toys and videogames that use characters from the previous series, so they still get to maintain the trademarks. Hasbro could do the same if their strategy is to reuse existing names to maintain the rights to them.

6. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    THat would just be a 20 minute animated explosion with start and end credits.

and anyway Animated did have a darker side...leaving Elita-1 to her fate at the hands of GIANT SPIDERS...Ultra Magnus Being ripped apart buy an undercover doubleagent and his fate being left 'Unknown' at the end of the series and one of the main sacrificing his life as part of the mission and not being magically brougt back to life...I'd say those are fairly dark themes for a cartoon aimed at children. You never saw any of the Carebears sacrificing their lives and actually being dead dead. Nor Strawberry Shortcake having an arm and a leg ripped off and left for dead.

Just because animated was stylised you an't say it had its dark element...and it certainly wasn't little kiddy either.

7. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

How about a TF series completely devoid of annoying human children?

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm really hoping for a continuation of Animated. It such a good series, it better be continued.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

No, no, double no, and please god; NO.

10. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something on cybertron.
    Completely on cybertron.
    I know they need humans to keep the kids interest. But honestly, you have robots beating each other up. That's all you need to keep the interest of the target age!

Or at least something on par with season 3 of Animated.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We can't have robots in disguise if they spend all their time not in disguise!

12. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Beast Wars showed that you didn't have to have the "disguise" part and still be widely successful.

The ALT modes don't have to be about disguise. They can be for transportation, artillery, communications, etc. A bipedal robot has certain disadvantages and disadvantages, as does an aerial ALT mode, or a ground ALT mode, or even a space faring ALT mode. The flight ALT mode has the greatest speed, obviously, and other advantages but also has the greatest energy requirement. A land ALT mode, would not have such a high energy requirement. So on and so forth. Besides, the TFs can still "hide" from each other. Soundwave turning into that communications module in the very first TF cartoon is a perfect example of how disguise can still exist...

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

G1: Re-Rebirth
    Transtech: Really, We Mean It
    Machine Robo (wait, we're not Bandai) er, Brave

I predict that it would have
    -A Optimus (hopefully no whining like in the first G1 Dreamwave mini series_
    - A Megatron (note to Hasbro, get Frank Welker)
    - A Starscream
    - Humans (with varying degrees of annoyance)
    - other Seekers
    - maybe more G1 centric cast like Animated
    - a version of the Allspark

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I've got an idea; season 4 of Animated. =D

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Universe: we already have the figures from the G1 aspect and the Classics/ Timelines/ Henkei

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Then, that means will have to rerelease those figures again.

I just hope the next series is not movie-centric.

17. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

As long as its got a North American writing staff like G1, BW, and TFA had, I'll probably love it. If its more Japanese stuff...meh.

18. Lakanl

Lakanl Footmaster

Now I know it's supposed to be 'Robot's in disguise' but hear me out:

What heave we learned about the history of Cybertron and the Transformers? Out side of G1, not a whole lot.

What i'd like to see is a series outlining the events that took place during the uprising on Cybertron against the quintasons. I'd also like to see the brief 'Golden age of Cybertron' they have only briefly touched on. I'd like to see cybertronian civil war where the Decepticons rise to power. Id like to see the event's that take place before and during the first great war. Whitch, -if I remember my cybertroinian history- was the period where the Autobots developed the art of transforming as to help them elude the Decepicons (seeing as they were made to be R&d bots). Feel free to correct my chronology, but That's the kind of show i'd like to see.

19. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

If I had my choice, it would be a revamped take off from the g1 series, including all the leaders, main characters. It would be called Cybertron: World War. I am working on something like that at the moment. I am, however beginning to doubt the validity of my fellow writers.

20. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

- a version of the Allspark[/QUOTE]

Why the allspark? To me it was just a produced holy grail for the bad and good guys to fight over, a ,manufactured plot that makes the job easy for the writers (Hey, the decepticons are searching for the source of power and life among our race, so we should look too). While the energon cubes and energy in general was pretty much the same thing for g1, it provided for a lot of good plot devices. Not to mention the great possibilities for future stories, instead of everyone fighting over the same thing. The allspark lacks the ability to grow, in story terms. Sorry, that is my opinion.