next series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by megatron10824, May 25, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Wasn't that Animated?

The way I see it the 00's revived all the 80's shows in some form or another. There was He-Man that lasted three seasons like Animated. Then, there was the 4Kids TMNT. Finally was Animated and the two GI JOE shows (Sigma Six and Resolute.)

This makes me wonder if the new decade will revive some 90's cartoons.

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Yes it was and I knew someone would mention it. The G1 reboot I would like to see would include more traditional character design and animation. The kiddie anime-style animation and design of Animated was fun for a little while but I'd rather get back to a more traditionally designed and animated show.

3. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

*snickers* I would just love watching that.

4. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Law and Order: Giant F'n Robot Unit
    *Dung Dunk*

5. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    they should do a classic series.

6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YES!

7. newguy

newguy i

I hope i will be able to get into this next TF series. Animated didn't really apeal to me, so i need something to take time away from my life (besides the internet).

Ha ha post #699

8. CAI220

CAI220 Forgotten little bot :'(

I hope the Japanese won't make one. They did a HORRIBLE job on the Unicron Trilogy.

9. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Im just saying what if they release the Jp shows like victory

but other than that no bay like stuff. Sick of seeing those bots

if animated came back out ill be fine, the ending seemed rushed.
    but if they did make a anime show, hope it has a better plot than Energon.
    also if they did make a G1 remake it would be a lot like DB kai. but who knows

10. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    I almost wnat somthing new and fresh all together. I DONT WANT a ENERGON OR ARMADA type artwork style nor do i want CELL SHADE CGI i hate that type of animation it just looks awful!! I remember when i first saw beast wars i thought that was an awsome idea as i kid i fell in love with it got me back into G1 this is the type of thing id love to have a show that liek i said is kinda new and or fresh with some awsome design work.

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    srsly transtech aint going to happen peeps deal. And frankly the movie looks like its the same kinda designs just live action.

IMO I could see it being a movie tie in or a restart. fingers crossed toy wise it will be a return to the Cybertron/classics/universe level of detail and engineering

12. Regrezz

Regrezz Well-Known Member

I am hoping Hasbro revisits the Transtech idea. I can see some complex story lines and character development. The only other wish I have is regular season lengths, you know like network series, 24+ episodes. I am tired of this 13 episodes to a season crap. Three seasons of Animated would have been okay had they all been at least 24 episodes long. 72 episodes....

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they did in 2007 and their doing it again in a few weeks

As I pointed out before it seems the best thing TransTech ever did was to be scrapped! That way its gained a sort of holy grail status that it would have lost had people actually had any experience with it beyond blurry proto pics of a Star Scream toy and sketches

14. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    We're due for about a decade in the arctic wilderness, if the years after G1 and BW set any sort of precedent.

It may as well be based on the movies then, as somebody out there is probably dying to hear the epic tale of yet another series of wicked cool explosions (guest starring some robots I think) that can only be defeated by ancient magic or the power of hope. From a financial standpoint, using the same character model (a humanoid shape, scribbled all over) with a couple of different base colors could bring the budget down to about $10 per episode if farmed out to the right Chinese sweatshop.

15. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

LOL. You're right, I think a 3rd grader could probably draw the shows for Hasbro and you could pay them with candy even. Heck, a 3rd grader could probably come up with the same level of plot as the movie.

I hope they go with TF: Resolute. Something along the lines of Dreamwave or IDW would be nice. Something more mature than Professor Princess please. A show can have humor without forcing the humor - ie clever humor woven into the plot instead of say showing a My Little Pony knock off character just to get a laugh.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what they go with so long as there is a good plot, good characterization, and they use most of the classic characters - Optimus, Bumblebee, Prowl, Jazz, etc.

16. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just hope the show takes a little more serious tone then Animated did. It's a kids cartoon first and foremost, but we have still had some that have been darker in tone. The DCU shows (Batman: The Animated Series and parts of Justice League in particular), Gargoyles, and even TF's very own Beast Wars/Beast Machines are a few examples that come to mind. I'm not saying it needs to be full of death and destruction, but I'd like a series that was a little more intense.

Animated did a good job of displaying the Decepticons were very strong, but they actually did very little until S3. Half the time the Autobots were fighting human villians they technically could have just stepped on. The only big problem I had in Animated is it rarely felt like it was going anywhere until the last season.

Finally, I don't really want to see more Anime. I watched Armada and enjoyed it, absolutely hated Energon, and I'm halfway through Cybertron and its okay. My main gripe it that it feels like every episode is essentially the same, and the characters don't really feel developed sans a few. I also don't think we need a "G1" inspired toon.

17. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I for one, would like to see a series NOT marketed towards 6 year olds. I know it's a kid's cartoon, but animated was WAAAAY to kiddie-ish for my taste. If and when they do put out a new series, I just hope it's not another Poke'-formers and a bit more on the serious side. As others have said, a series to tie in with the universe/classics toyline would be great.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    The way Hasbro is all about the movie I wouldn't be surprised at all if the next cartoon series was movie-related. That's not what I'd want personally but with all the success the first movie had and the forseeable success the second movie will have it would be smart from a business standpoint.

As for what I WANT....I want to see a start from ground zero...maybe include Optimus and Megatron for the recognition value but I don't want a single homage or remake of any character that came before. Leave all that for a Universe sub toyline. I'm just sick of G1 rehashes like Animated.

19. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil TFW2005 Supporter

That is like too much dude.

20. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Transformers Allspark and I dont want that damn anime animation, I hate it!