Next KOs seem to be Sunstreaker and Octane

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by capellamusic, May 20, 2009.

1. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll bite on Sunstreaker as soon as I hear some feedback on quality. Mirage was pretty impressive in that regard.

2. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    All the arguments you try to make have already been put to rest, but I'm sure you needed that release. Unfortunately, none of your attempted points have anything to back them up. If I agreed with them, I would've posted them myself. As it stands, almost every point you make is either factually untrue or simply exaggeration of the situation. Other than being illegally made, these KOs don't significantly harm much else, whether you can swallow that or not. Things aren't usually black and white in the real world...stealing bread even if your starving is still illegal. There is something to be said for impact.

I'm sure you feel better taking your moral stance on this issue, and it is your right, but if you really want to make a difference in the world, don't you think you're wasting your time here?

And wise men wouldn't discount buyer beware. It has nothing to do with "me personally" and everything to do with individual responsibility. You want free markets, it is a necessary evil.

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Absence of proof is not proof of absence of harm. In logic, A->B, "A implies B", is not equivalent to ~A->~B, "not-A implies not-B".

Just because Hasbro hasn't come out and said "due to the purchase of KO's we have been forced to delay or cancel these reissues" doesn't mean it never hurts them. Technically the purchase of any actionfigure takes money out of the market that could have been spent on a HASBRO product, the issue is they are competing against Hasbro in the Reissue market with their own trademarks and products so from a basic business model it is causing harm to the market. So because you personally can't see or choose not to see how it interferes with the business model then you don't want to acknowledge any harm, doesn't mean it isn't there.

You cry about people posting moral stances when you are posting a moral stance as well with justifications of your moral stance, but only when someone posts a moral stance against KO's do you call for squashing it. TFW should flat out lock any thread discussing KOs because it really has no place either way here.

4. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Not again......:banghead: 
    People please read the thread title clearly. It's an announcement regarding new KO's that might appear soon. Not "What's your opinion on all these KO's". These threads always end up in a one to one verbal battle. People who like them, way to go, people who has issues, stay away from them,nuff said.
    mods please.....:locked2: 

5. nkelsch

If people don't post: "Oh, I don't see why anyone would have a problem, KO's hurt no one, I want 3 of these" then there would be no need to respond.

Frankly, they should post the new article letting people know they exist and lock it. Those who want to buy them can seek them out through their own means and those who want to avoid them can be aware when purchasing that figure.

6. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

While his method of making his point may have been a little over the top, your dismissiveness of the situation is a little insulting.

Nothing has been "put to rest" just because these issues might not be important to you. The fact remains that these are the products of illegal activities.

7. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Blue Bluestreak has already been announced and should be coming eventually (kind of like how Sunstreaker has been coming for years now). Not sure about the black/silver one though.

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I totally agree! I was about to post something similar yesterday, only not so nice....I decided not to, but I am glad I am not the only one who is tired of seeing the KO news turned into a battle of good vs. evil!

9. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How often have Hasbro/Takara moved to enforce their Transformer copyrights?

Aren't a copyright holder's legal protections enforced only when they file a complaint about it?

10. nkelsch

They made a pretty major move last summer and e-Bay has been pretty well locked down ever since. They also released the customization guidelines for the fandom to really hammer the custom packaging issues. That is why most of the current sales are done on international auction sites or via "know a guy who knows a guy" contacts.

So I wouldn't say Hasbro does nothing and this is not something they actively pursue. Up until the G1 vintage packaging reproductions, they were pretty hands-off about it but ever since the repro packaging Hasbro has been pretty proactive.

11. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

About to say, they really started taking notice when they moved from "generic knock-offs" to toys that looked exactly like the real thing and even had the Hasbro name on it. That's the point where it becomes a problem.

Most of us here know and understand the differences... But there's a world of people who don't. And should someone get ripped off, or should a toy be found that is unsafe and make the news, it could become a real public relations issue for Hasbro.

That's why the crackdown started.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    as long as there are nice guides for ppl so they can tell them apart.

Luckely I won both MIB already..I would hate to be a G1 hunter these days.. and the KO Reflector is the only one that grims mee because I dont own Reflector yet and I dont want a ko, mix of original and ko or somethign else. I want a original G1 Reflecotr MIB US version.

13. nkelsch

Is there such a thing? He was a MAIL ORDER thing for robot points in the US and came in a plain white packing box with a foam holder. I don't think he ever had boxart or anything in the US.

But I suppose a generic white box is easier to replicate and harder to distinguish from the real one and if it is sealed you can't see through a window to verify the stuff inside.

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I don't care either way, but maybe it'd be nice if they KO makers didn't put Hasbro's name on it or something. Put at least one thing on it that would be obvious it's not an original G1. Do you think this would help?

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    yeah that crappy white box is the one I mean , ;)