News update tf5: return of Megatron!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by timvpareen, May 31, 2016.

1. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was my initial thought, however, he declares his own name as such when he breaks free from the KSI lab in TF4... "I am Galvatron!" Of course, this point has been made several times throughout this thread in response to similar statements.

Megatron has received extremely poor treatment in these films. The supreme leader of the Decepticons has always been quite sophisticated. Megatron is cunning, controlled, patient, supremely intelligent, and immeasurably powerful. The Decepticons were the most strategic and educated on Cybertron. Bay et al have turned Megatron and the Decepticons into second-class characters of limited power and intellectual scope, as well as animalistic form and behavior. CGI monsters, for short.

Megatron had little screen time and was still monstrous, but was at least given prominence in the first movie. ROTF was insulting and made him subservient to the Fallen (original Megatron would die before willingly serving ANYONE. It took Unicron [and a crippled Megatron himself] to exert ANY control over him for a short and problematic period while as Galvatron). Then DOTM had him not only subservient to Sentinel, but was also strategically tricked by him, then set aside, chained like a dog, and eventually killed off. Finally, AOE marginalizes him for the fourth time by making Lockdown a bad ass and Galvatron some pointless human-engineered magical bot who barely had any screen time. A top of being made a monstrous and marginal coward in every movie, he was 'resurrected' in some form or another in 3/4 films. Now, he is a woolly mammoth. And will likely be made a growling monster yet again with an inability to control himself or his army and some other evil character will be the core villain.

2. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the girls were of legal age in every film. There are many other (much more relevant) reasons why Bay's TF interpretation deserves negative critique that do not morally attack the person. And, as opposed to what your post implies about you, most of us are not looking up footage of Fox when she was 15 or what she did or did not do to get the later TF1 role (which she also did as an adult).

Perhaps your remarks are more appropriate to the celebrity tabloids and away from a site not just inhabited by adult collectors, but which children also visit with great frequency.

3. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    If he had said "I am Megatron" instead, revealing to the humans that he actually is Megatron and not their own Galvatron, then I think this would make more sense if he is going back to the name Megatron.

I think that it would be cool if Galvatron, like others have said, is a copy of Megatron's mind. And then the actual Megatron somehow gets a body and he fights Galvatron... I think a good fight with two characters that do not include Optimus is something that we haven't really gotten yet.

Another thing that would be cool is if Galvatron is too strong for the remaining Bots on Earth and if Megatron wants Galvatron killed then maybe Megatron teams up with the Bots but once Galvatron is dead Megatron turns on the Bots.

There's so many possibilities but we are probably looking too hard at this lol

4. Tformer74

Tformer74 New Member

My gut feeling says Unicron. Bay and the boys are always full of misinformation to keep us guessing. Calling it...Unicron.

5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It actually would've been a cooler moment if he did say Megatron rather than Galvatron come to think of it.

I take that back, you're not original at all :lol 
    [​IMG]

6. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    I still don't think this is Megs, but I'm cool with it being Beast Wars Megs. I would really dig seeing a giant ass dragon bot in live action. That would be some anime shizzle on screen.

Something between Predaking Prime and Beasties Transmetals II Megatron. Because the red paint smear gives off a tribal vibe.

7. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

It looks like a DOOM demon.

8. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Megatronus. Also, the face seems to have an overlapping mandibular design like "The Predator" when he closes his mouth.

9. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Whatever this is, there's definitely something more to this reveal than meets the eye. I definitely wouldn't make any definite conclusions about the future of Galvatron or Galvatron's nature based on this reveal, that's for sure. This could be a different character from the previous Megatron entirely. I actually hope that's the case.

Neither does this teaser indicate whether Galvatron or Megatron is the main villain, supporting villain or even if he is a villain at all in this film.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He's not "going back" to the name if Galvatron is and always was a separate entity.

11. Starsabered

Starsabered is Awesome!

Ebay:
    In some franchises, knowing that a character "will be back" or "will return" is a relief, because you know they survived the current adventure and that there are more stories to tell.

Here, characters can die for dramatic effect in repeated films and still return for future movies. I'm hoping Jazz, Leadfoot, Jetfire, Ratchet, Ironhide, Wheelie, Starscream, Barricade, Brawl, Shockwave, Sentinel Prime, McDreamy, and Frasier can also return.

12. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't Megatronus another name for The Fallen?

13. Starscream0625

Starscream0625 We are Thunderwing

News Credits:
    I think his face resembles that of The Fallen. Maybe the caption alludes to Megatronus returning? I'd love the reference, but perhaps I'm asking for too much continuity in a series that hardly has any.

14. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stop saying that. This is directed to not just you but everyone on here who keeps complaining about the films' continuity issues. Clearly things are changing given the writers room and the Last Knight title. Plus, the entire plot of TF4 was based around the events of TF3. So stop criticizing the films for their PAST continuity issues. Am I trying to ignite a fight, no. I am just being assertive and truthful.

15. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

16. BeePrime_WFCTX_106023

BeePrime_WFCTX_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't feed the brainless troll.

17. Reask

Reask Predacon

Ummmm... what? I guess seen as he really is the same guy, Galvatron goes back to using his original name, and fair enough just as long as the name change doesn't affect anything else apart from design because AOE Galvatron was more threatening than Megatron from the first three films. That design is odd though, it looks like a pair of mammoth tusks, a Big Convoy sort of character.

If it's alluring to Megatronus, how many times have we done the Evil Prime story in the films before? Twice, once with Megatronus already and then with Sentinel. Regardless I'm kind of going to miss hearing the name Galvatron, it changed things up a bit and Frank Welker really kicked ass as Galvy. :) 

18. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

A google image search using the MegaUltron picture brings back some interesting likeness results.

19. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    Seriously. Especially with people saying "where is the continuity" about the slightest idea Galvatron going back to Megatron. I mean, how is this a plot hole at all? Galvatron and Megatron were clearly the same person in AOE, so how exactly would him changing his name back from a human name to his original name be a "continuity" issue? That is like if since the end of Captain America Civil War
    captain america couldn't go back to being captain america because he dropped his shield, and now he is forever Steve rogers and can't go back, because that is apparently "continuity".

20. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

I'll take off my anti-Bay glasses and simply give out this little public service announcement. To the more vitriolic anti-Bayers; stop calling Michael Bay a pedophile or the Donald Trump of filmmaking. It's an immature ad hominem that I'd expect the more rational detractors to be above making, and it trivialises actual pedophilia. If you're going to criticise his movies, give out some actual criticisms; the director doesn't handle criticism well, the acting is mediocre, the human characters are either bland, annoying or get very little development, the action scenes are cluttered with too much going on, the pacing is erratic at best and inconsistent at worst, there are very little rules about the established setting from one movie to the next (let alone from scene to scene), the character models are overly elaborate, some character deaths are anticlimactic, the exposition scenes drag on longer than they need to, the continuity doesn't run smoothly from one movie to the next (hello missing Allspark pieces in Movies 3 and 4, and no mention of the Allspark in Movie 4), the jokes range from okay to downright Seltzerbergian, and these movies, for supposedly being brainless action movies, are too damn long because of piss-poor pacing. But calling Bay a pedophile is not one of them. So knock it off.