news: dotm toylist

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ace Convoy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Holy crap. Hasbro musta heard me, because I speculated that due to the sheer near-perfection that is the HFTD Leader toy (I can't see them making a toy that would be an improvement), the next toy of Movie Starscream would probably be a Deluxe.

Hopefully, it'll be worth getting because I'd like to have a Movie Starscream to compare to my Classics Starscream the way I compare my ROTF Thrust and Dirge with their Generations counterparts. :D 

Probably a little late on saying this, but I'd assume that the guy from the trailer is Sentinel Prime. Awesome! :) 

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That's what I'm thinking.

I also think the voyagers will probably sell better if there isn't a leader alternative. I think a lot of people are more likely to buy either one or the other, but if there isn't an alternate size available, then they will buy the one that is. Then, Hasbro can release the larger scale later and people can flock to get it!

Question: does Hasbro release the same figures in the same waves? I mean, is it possible that Sentinel Prime will be released in Japan in wave 1 but Megatron or Optimus (if they are coming) are wave 1 in US?

3. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Preventing? Hasbro never EVER said anything about a Leader Blackout. Bumblebee is not preventing it from happening because even if they weren't making it, they would end up choosing some other robot for it.

People need to stop blaming every TF they don't want to buy for being the bane of their dream toy's non-existence.

4. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

We need a new Soundwave as well. Hopefully that is meant as the Voyager even though he was in ROTF. The Deluxe SW was a little underwhelming.

5. hellfire565

hellfire565 Auticon

DELUXE STARSCREAM!!!
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for one for too long XD

6. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

thanks for clearing that up :) 

well regardless a new helli is always welcome. :D 

7. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    At first I was dismayed at the lack of a Leader New Villain, but then I realized that just means he'll get a more accurate Leader later (e.g. TFTM Leader Brawl as opposed to ROTF Leader Megatron).

To the majority of the listings:

HOLY SHIT WHEN IS TOY FAIR

8. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is a pretty promising lineup.
    Leader Sentinel Prime pretty much seals the deal on the identity of that fire truck; it'll be awesome to see a Leader toy of that. Plus I'm now convinced that the mystery bot in the ship from the teaser trailer is Sentinel Prime.
    Voyager Shockwave is what I'm most looking forward to seeing. I'm still really hoping he gets a Leader toy in a later wave, but as long as it's awesome, size doesn't matter. (Who am I kidding? We NEED a Leader Shockwave!)
    Deluxe Barricade is interesting; I wonder if it'll be a new toy or another redeco/retool? That, and I wonder if he has a role in the movie.
    Roadbuster is, I'm guessing, a Wrecker. Great name choice if that's the case.
    I also wonder if the Autobot military helicopter is going to be based on the Springer concept... I sure hope so.

Now, bring forth the pics!

9. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I am hoping and praying that all the deluxe in the first wave will have the new mech tech. Just more of the usual repaints of deluxe ratchet, skids, Jolt, Barricade, etc. does not sound exciting. In the TF2 toy line, the toy company just did a repaint of Scorponok instead of doing a new one with mech alive. Voyager Grindor should've been a new mold with mech alive instead of just a repaint of Blackout. In the TF2 toy line, I remember voyager Ratchet was in the first wave and he was just a repaint with no mech alive.

10. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

Im pretty excited about Sentinel Prime...holy crap that will be amazing. And not gonna lie, a leader Bumblebee is pretty cool. Im still not hating bumblebee hahaha. Sorta disappointed that Megatron isn't a leader class figure, and Optimus as well, but the ROTF mold is about as good as it gets without a trailer. Barricade? WTF haha, that will be interesting :) 

11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Wasn't Skids and Mudflap originally released in separate waves for ROTF though?

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Things do not work the way that you think that they work.

13. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Sounds nice. I'm most interested in Barricade to be honest. I thought his 1st dlx toy was lacking, and the HA was too big to fit in. I have been waiting for another deluxe mold, he is a beautiful and mean car design and his robot is menacing

I hope the leader Sentinel will be the fire truck. I love the design of it, and to see it at the leader scale would be very nice.
    Still.... BARRICADE! I sure hope he is a new mold, similar to the Human Alliance, but with two hands...

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    People forget that just because we get one repaint/remould, does by no means mean that will be the only plastic representation of that characters.

We may get a Ratchet that's a repaint, but we could also get one that's a completely new mould latter.

15. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hadn't thought of that idea yet - but I'm totally down for it!

16. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxe Starscream sounds interesting.

17. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    This list seems a bit weird to me, I think it's fake

like some of the entries (like jolt and arcee) are of characters who aren't even supposed to be in the film and some of the naming like Sentinel Prime being named, but Shockwave being called "New Villain" just seems a bit weird to me

18. VestigialHeart1

VestigialHeart1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the naming issues stem from the fact that these are Takara listings. Molds might be in their possession but the names and characterizations might take longer to sort out due to having to translate names and bios. I could be completly wrong. Just my opinion.

As far as Jolt and Arcee: my money is on repaints of the RotF figures. If not that would mean that Arcee and Megatron are the only two characters to have three different alt and robot modes in each toyline.

19. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

NONONO! Another leader-size Bumblebee? And Megatron is a Voyager after they give him the first mode I actually want! I'd rather them make a supreme-class Sam Witwicky.

20. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Actually I think this is the first Leader class Bumblebee, the others were Supreme/Ultimate class