NEWAGE TOYS H-13 Lucifer - Legends scale STARSCREAM (and Seekers?)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TotoyBiboPH, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Ah
    Okay
    So if I were to guess he’d be a head shorter than mp21? And Thundercracker would be 2 heads shorter? 58DD2FDB-C2BF-450D-9D37-D07F4ACCA5E4.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Testicules Prime

Testicules Prime Well-Known Member

There’s a post on NA’s weibo of an unreal translucent legends collection. Hiding amongst the clear crowd is an all silver conehead. Interesting.... 1FF6E56B-81BD-4BA5-856B-31E2D7E01997.jpeg

微博

• Like Like x 13
  3. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Things are either getting too cute or too creepy. Or both! cf6e35cf-9fc9-4617-908c-3b4f12f38cfb.jpg 2cfea438-70f9-4ed0-bfbb-658e2760f060.jpg ee7492fe-a68f-4b5d-ae34-cbf7edf41991.jpg PicsArt_05-10-09.26.06.jpg PicsArt_05-10-09.27.39~2.jpg PicsArt_05-10-09.29.10~3.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  4. Hybrid Style

Hybrid Style AKA: TheFallen

News Credits:
    I am deep in Iron Factory but have looked at these from afar. Are they worth going deep in as well?

Are the other figures worth getting too?

5. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Depends what your after I guess. Personal opinion is both NA and MS are worth getting. If you had to choose one (I buy both companies products), for me it would be tough BUT NA seems to nailing the seekers pretty well. Check out their Reflector too.

NA also seems to have a lot of accessories with their stuff so besides the blast effects, they just did the space bridge for instance and even a Megatron throne and Teletran.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

I heard the Teletraan 1 set had some issues
    Is it true?

7. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Mine is fine, quality-wise. You even get a set of replacement stickers for if/when the pre-applied ones begin to peel.

My only gripe is that the medical table appeared to be adjustable in the pre-order pics, but in hand you can’t adjust it, and it’s a bit taller than I’d like for Ratchet to interact with.

The main bone of contention seems to have been that’s it’s a complete rip-off of a fan-made version from a while back, and the original creator was understandably upset that Newage had ripped off his exact design without credit or recompense. The sets have their own separate thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As someone who's gone all in on both the IF and NA seeker sets, I would definitely recommend these, particularly if you're looking for G1 alt modes. As has been said on this board before, the NA seekers are prolly one of the best representations of the G1 seekers in ANY size and come with loads of extras. The spacebridge panel with triple jointed mounting arms for tons of posability, blast and thrust effects, mini-megatron gun, both null rays and bombs. But yeah, they're well built with a mostly intuitive transformation.

The only downside is once you get one, you gotta get them all! As for their other figures, I can only speak to their Megatron and the Datsuns and Porches, but those are all great too. Their Ironhide/Ratchet is fine, though it would be nice if they came with as many accessories as the Seekers did.

• Like Like x 1
  9. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Same as Ryan F comments below. To me, they could've did it all in plastic like the floors and walls that are out there, as well as include an adjustable height option on the table, which look like it was there but not implemented.

These sets have some heft and not sure if it was really needed. It certainly doesn't help on shipping costs.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    I love the Seekers, the Datsuns, Bumblebee, and Megatron. Jazz is pretty good (I have toon and EX), but the bot view is only great from the front. I wish the hood stripes went further back. Not a fan of Ironhide. Too small, too young, and looks like a wimp. Not fun to transform, either.

11. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Anyone on here do some comparisons of NA versus Maketoys? I have the MT versions, but I wonder how these are in comparison. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  12. gaseous clay

News Credits:
    I have a pic of them together in bot mode together in the archives:

ss and mini pbg.jpg
    Although my Meteor is modified with the chest fans and shin thrusters by Jream, and the light up head by MoDel.

But to elaborate on my comments on earlier, I love both, they're just going for two different design aesthetics. If I have any disappointment with NA's seekers, its because the null rays mount on the upper arms and due to the range of motion of the shoulders, you can't pose his arms with the null ray on top like you can with IF's version.
    if vs na ss bot.jpg

I may have mentioned this way earlier in the thread, but it is amusing how they're close in size in bot mode, but in jet mode NA absolutely dwarfs IF:
    if vs na ss jet.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  13. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Thank you. I think my MT versions are good for me.

14. gaseous clay

News Credits:
    Oh, and since I don't think I've seen it yet, here's a comparison of the NA alt modes with Maketoys (I was too lazy to switch out the head on normal Meteor to Transform it, so I went with G2 Screamer):
    3 ss decos.jpg
    Hey, this way you get three Starscream decos!

• Like Like x 4
  15. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Is that NA on the bottom? That thing is ginormous! Too big for my taste. Thanks man for posting

• Like Like x 1
  16. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Wrong way 'round - the MakeToys is on the bottom. The Newage Seekers are petit - about 6 inches long from tip to tail.

17. junkbot

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh. hahaha. My bad. I guess I have never really been into tiny bots. They look cool, but definitely not for me. Thanks!:eek: :buttrock 

18. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact that you thought a legends bot was an MP scaled bot says something about their quality and design though.

• Like Like x 12
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is that what you took from that little nugget of gold that junkbot gave us...lol

here was how i took it.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  20. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tiny? I'll have you know, the average length of a robot is 5". And besides it's not the size that matters, but how you use it.

• Like Like x 4