NEWAGE TOYS H-13 Lucifer - Legends scale STARSCREAM (and Seekers?)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TotoyBiboPH, Aug 5, 2019.

1. nemesisJon

nemesisJon Well-Known Member

You can still get all the early MS releases for retail though. You just have to look around.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Characters like Tracks get no love

• Like Like x 1
  3. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

:cry 

4. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to say it; I'm likely going to be personally disappointed for one reason.

Looking at both the MS and NA offerings, seeing the size of the wings and the like, it looks very much like these are going to transform in a similar fashion to the DX9 ones. In other words, the form isn't going to collapse at the legs, such as how Iron Factory does theirs. The jet modes are going to be too big for what I want--similar to DX9. Now, it makes sense, as jets are supposed to be much larger than cars. But I have too many legends, "Cyberverse Commander Class" sized jet-formers of one time or another. My Coneheads in particular are the Iron Factory offerings. If these are as big as I think in jet mode, they aren't going to match. which means I ditch a lot of what i have, or I don't get seekers (Hate the main trio as anything other than F-15's). New Age was my last real hope for good Seekers that would fit with my mix/match sets of legends jets. I was hoping they'd do it different, since MS and DX9 offers the other way for anyone that wants that.

Obviously waiting for alt-mode pics, but it's not looking like they collapse down from all the pictures I've seen.

5. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MPs might be a reasonable point of comparison: lots of s1 redos; s2 largely covered; most of s3 available (but less frequent/less options); and a couple of ‘testing the water’ s4 figure, but nothing more. And not a great deal outside US g1.

I sometimes wonder if we assume that the collecting mentality is ‘gotta have them all (a figure of every character)’, where actually it might just be ‘gotta have something’ - that it doesn’t really matter what character is released or how often it’s been done before, as long as we can get hyped by it (it’s an improvement/different scale/has a new hat). In which case, if you’re a 3p, there’s no real worry about keeping redoing the same ‘most popular’ 20-30 characters over and over.

There’s an mft (or spin off) tracks announced I believe? Legends plus scale, and we haven’t heard anything for a while, but I remember him looking pretty good.

6. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magic Square has teased (silhouettes) every character from the 1984 toy catalog. Hopefully once they finish that (they have now shown prototypes for all of the Decepticons) they will move on to the 1985 catalog which would include Tracks.

I haven't noticed any decernable pattern for NewAge so I can't predict anything for them. If they keep going they should get to it eventually though.

7. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

Magic Square's next two releases look to be Hoist and Cosmos. And Iron Factory just revealed a Lio Convey and Bludgeon.
    NewAge is hitting the big names pretty hard, but they managed to slip in a Cosmos, Barricade and Insecticons this year, not no names, but still something.
    Personally Legends 3p companies seem like the best shot at lesser known characters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DevastatorConstructicons

DevastatorConstructicons Member

wow, that little thing looks yummy. 

9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Knee pivot placement waaaaay too high...ergo; short upper legs proportionally. Head looks kind of bobblehead big too.

Overall presentation style is nice though.

10. DevastatorConstructicons

DevastatorConstructicons Member

it looks good to me like those universe/classics mold. i can\'t seem to like the masterpiece mold the proportions don\'t work for me but, the jet mode is cool though.

11. Kaijutron

Kaijutron New Member

Twitter:
    Oh look another figure that my wallet cannot afford ;w;

12. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I'm in a weird place with Newage. I love the engineering chops and the G1 sculpts are admirable, but I am not a fan of their polymer of choice. Maybe it's deceptive but it feels like it's so soft, messing with it is actively chewing it up.

13. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Nice! Another mp star scream only this one makes your hand look huge!

14. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Newage isnt f**kin around, and theyre priced good.

Does this collection scale well with Hybrid Style Prime?  These would look good with a city bot like MetroP or Trypt...

15. rcho

rcho Well-Known Member

How about voyager scale? No one is doing that size so there is no competition.

16. DanLyons

DanLyons Little-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Judge for yourself...
    [​IMG]
    Style-wise it doesn't quite fit but I'm certainly using it as a placeholder until NA releases their version.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20190813_003709.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

This might be Legends scale, but I bet it would have a Leader Class price sticker.

19. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

You sure that's not the OSKO Dutch? My copy doesn't look that much bigger than Prowl.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, Newage is a little pricey for the size but their figures are really well done and have the best face sculpts you can get at this scale.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2