NEWAGE TOYS H-13 Lucifer - Legends scale STARSCREAM (and Seekers?)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TotoyBiboPH, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is one difference that may or may not be important to people. If they are truly different companies that increases the likelihood of DX9 might continue their War in Pocket line which fans of it would want. Maybe get the Predaking they announced out.

• Like Like x 3
  2. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Seems more of a ‘Beelzebub’ than a ‘Lucifer’.

• Like Like x 1
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cui bono? Who benefits from publicly stating they aren't the same company? They do, both for legal air cover and with anyone who thought DX9 produced lesser quality products but might be inclined to buy something not associated with DX9. And lest you mistake this post, I'm all for them giving the impression there's no relation, and plenty of people will believe that vague statement they made. In fact, I like that New Age has managed to find the right spot to produce a great product using much of DX9's processes but without the materials and QC issues that plagued many DX9 releases. Good for them. I'm just pointing out that there are specific reasons to claim otherwise. It does make a difference, contrary to your snark. A difference for them.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  4. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

The DX9 Seekers looked good, but their articulation isn't great, so for me NA and MS are welcome to take their shots at replacing them.

Like acouple people have said, a few more characters who haven't received the G1 3p legends treatment certainly would be welcome.

Magic Square is going to be more competitive. Or maybe hit S2 and S3 harder since NewAge is ignoring most those characters.

5. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This might not be other's preference, but I hope that both ms and na release any seekers individually. I tend not to double (or octuple or whichever) dip on a mold, so it's be a bit of a pain to have to buy all three to experience it.

6. nemesisJon

nemesisJon Well-Known Member

At the rate NA is putting stuff out, I’m starting to think a lot of my MS figs may just be placeholders until NA puts them out.

Also, very glad that they are announcing this before MS released their Seekers and I already bought them.

NA may very well release these before MS does their Seekers, even though we’ve known about the MS ones for months now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    We should totally believe these companies when they tell us what they're making, how big it'll be, what variants they'll come in, and when they'll come - but this completely insignificant thing that happens quite often, we're going to disbelieve because someone on TFW says so...

:rolleyes: 

Right? That's about where we are.

• Like Like x 2
  8. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    You still seem to be confused, thinking I care whether or not you believe me, or even that I'm trying to convince anyone of anything related to this. I'm not. You go do you and believe whatever you want.

9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

The same thing happened with TFC Abominus (Satan:bay ), those are just names, people can call them whatever they want.

10. myoung555

myoung555 Well-Known Member

I don’t know. All of NA’s figures scale off DX9’s Mini Mightron/Dutch. NA’s figures are all smaller because they’re suppose to be smaller according to the scale chart. I’m waiting for Ironhide/Ratchet to come in to see how they look with Dutch.

MS has their scale that’s slightly larger than NA but smaller than MFT/Hot Soldiers.

11. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My general feeling about scale is that for sanity and enjoyment's sake, one should worry about it as little as one is able to.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

So... DX9 Dutch will be in scale +/- more or less side by side to NA Manero (Jazz) or Kitt (BlueStreak)?

I always thought there was about a 1 inch difference in the overall scale... with NA being the smaller of the two? Just asking because I may decide to pick some up. Thanks.

;)  :) 

13. Grouch

Grouch Stranger in a Strange Land

I want a company to repaint the shit out of a g1 seeker mold in every damn skittle/rainbow color imaginable. So far I’m let down. NA like to repaint so bring it on!

• Like Like x 4
  14. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

Guess this means I'll be selling my War in Pocket seekers very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe someone can show us a side by side of DX9 Ratchet and NA Ratchet. This will give us a good guess of the NA Seekers heights

• Like Like x 1
  16. FredVIII

FredVIII human germ!

News Credits:
    Since scale preferences can vary between persons, my advice would be to check out pics and decide how you think they look together.

Here's a few to get you started.

56806559_2479670742052872_1686589629429448704_n.jpg

57467996_2183332665089886_761977539622076416_n.jpg

reduced-galery_image_15606_31573.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Optimus is game, they might not put one forward just yet as there is optimus over saturation but pretty confident one will come along before too long.

I do get your point about the dx9 seekers.

I don't think this what you said here was directed @edgecrusher as in i dont care what you think. Right? I think you mean't the way i view it too - it will make zero difference to whether we buy the toys or not. This conversation is really not worth anyone getting bent about, though interesting, because like dude said makes zero difference as we just continue buying the sweet toys. Kind of like 3p politics when that happens you never know what the truth is.

I know what i think but "it makes zero difference".

Dx9 has more than one scale... Mightron is quite big and say soundwave is a smaller size...
    Newage megatron i am anticipating will be smaller than dx9s mightron. Its all very quite close in size anyway but for those who care there probably will be a difference.

My dx9 newage theory is there is probably more than one designer working this stuff.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seekers?

Nice!

20. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    That's how I understood it and is also why I replied to note that Newage distancing themselves from DX9 does potentially help them with new customers as it may induce those who don't like DX9's products to give Newage a shot.

• Like Like x 4