NEWAGE TOYS H-13 Lucifer - Legends scale STARSCREAM (and Seekers?)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TotoyBiboPH, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But they're all just different enough that the new ones remain relevant. Iron Factory is IDW style which doesn't work great for a G1-centric collection. DX9's kind of suck and MFT's are just bigger versions of those. NA and MST both do figures that are vastly superior to DX9's so these will be in a league of their own. As for which of NA and MST will be better, I'm sure arguments can be made both ways but I'm liking what I'm seeing of NA better.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah. NA's figures are stupid pretty.

I'm just mad than I can't really hack a legends collection what with all the other BS I collect without straight up turfing part of my collection. I'd do it, but sales of an entire segment of a collection takes a billion years unless you sell to a dealer and then basically close your eyes and pray it doesn't hurt too bad.

• Like Like x 3
  3. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    True, there's no need for that. But you gotta understand that the people behind New Age are most likely not of any Judeo-Christian faith so the name means little to them.

Plus, Starscream's already a villain to begin with. Even if your child does associate the toy with G1 Starscream and not the Biblical Lucifer, he'd still be a bad example for him/her.

Just my :2c: 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    More people named Ted, George, and Charles have done evil things than Lucifers have. I've also known plenty of nice cats named Lucifer.

• Like Like x 5
  5. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Can US buyers shop there yet? Last time I TB'd I had to use a proxy service.
    "So, how'd you get the name?"

• Like Like x 2
  6. leus

leus Well-Known Member

I don't want to get into religious talk but you have to understand one thing ...........religious people are a huge market for Transformers and when you call your product Lucifer, you are automatically alienating a part of that market. NEWAGE needs to be inclusive not exclusive. And for those of you who don't know what I am talking about, buying a product named Lucifer is a glorification of the Devil, which is expressly a big NO NO in the faith! I shouldn't be put in a situation where I have to chose between my faith and a product from NEWAGE, but this is the situation I find myself in. And yeah, at the end of the day for most people who don't take their faith seriously, it's no big deal ..........it really isn't

7. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    Lucky for you then there's Magic Square's Starscream! Problem solved. :) 

Here's the thread for Magic Square's Seekers: Magic Square legend size G1 seekers

• Like Like x 3
  8. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we keep the religious stuff out of the forums please? I believe there are rules against it.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're not obligated to buy anything so no one is putting you into this "situation". Either don't buy it, or buy it and throw the box away. Thou shalt not make a big deal of this.

• Like Like x 8
  10. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Hmmm... Okay. I am inclined to believe this despite the absence of facts to support it. Maybe Newage could've chosen better names. So I'm guessing Abadon, Berial, Asmodeus, Leviathan, and Samael don't sit well with you either? They are demonic names, after all.

Well, temptation exists whether people expressly mean to tempt you or not. But I'm pretty sure neither New Age nor anybody on this thread is... well, for lack of a better term... "putting you in a position." Just don't buy it. I will totally respect your decision and the reasons behind it even if I do not agree with them.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

That's what mean ol' satan wants you to think!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    He(@Autobrat Leader ) does have a point. How much does it really matter because it is just placeholder name and not like the whole line is devil themed. Apart from it showing in your electronic bills and on the box which you chuck away etc. It isnt really a celebration of the devil...

Respect your POV anyway @leus

• Like Like x 3
  13. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You have to be pretty uptight to get bothered by a 3p placeholder name. I’m sure most Christians buying Lucifer will just have their eyes gloss over with lack of caring and just enjoy the figure anyways.

It’s Starscream to just about everyone who buys him.

• Like Like x 1
  14. leus

leus Well-Known Member

I have a marvelously large Transformer collection and I would love to add this guy to that collection without the unnecessary hassle. I think NEWAGE's goal is to sell their products to as many people as are willing to purchase them .....so why call your product a name that is notoriously divisive, it doesn't make sense. I was under the impression that most successful companies tend to do some market research before releasing their products .......

15. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a 3p company . Like most have said, these are usually staffed by a bunch of dudes that just go with what sounds cool, and are selling mostly to Asian markets that don't care. They don't have some marketing arm like Hasbro that gets sensitive about this kinda thing. The number of people that won't buy it because of the name is frankly probably pretty negligable. Hell, most western buyers just get a chuckle out of it. It sucks that it gives you concern, but that's kinda how it is with 3P stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, multiple US folks around here shop TaoBao. I think @ChromeMagnus is US based and he's one of the most prolific TaoBao customers around!

The shipping options and charges are a little different for US - I think it's a Volumetric calculation so bigger boxes cost more to ship. For Aus, it's strictly by weight so bundling lots of packages into one delivery is a huge saving.

You can, of course, use an Agent, I have done so on a couple of occasions when I couldn't buy something any other way (TB blocks the international sale of products that have certain words in their titles. Transformers, Autobot, Decepticon, Megatron - these kinds of words will block an international sale, but an Agent will help you get around it) But Agents are more expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why would you give the man an easy and simple solution.

he has to deal with this crisis of faith on his own.

at the end of the day they are just little toys that cost 50 bucks. try not to make it more than it is. it is already not marketed to the rest of the world on price alone.

• Like Like x 3
  18. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    But I don’t collect FansToys. They do absolutely nothing for me. I collect legends scale offerings, and for me these will take the space of seekers in the collection. So $240 invested in 6 toys that most likely won’t be replaced in the display for quite some time if at all is worth it.

19. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, there's a lot more to it than just that.
    I mean think about it. Really dig into it. Strap on that tin-foil hat and get ready to crack the code.

Lucifer, Sammael, Leviathan. Abadon, Berial and Asmodeus. These are all devils or at least devilish names.
    Starscream is Number 13 in their release schedule.
    And a "New Age" can surely only describe a post-apocalyptic world after the Rapture.
    But wait there's more!!
    Several Transformers characters (such as Megatron, Shockwave etc) are designed so they appear to be wearing flares or flared trousers. What else has flares? The sun! And whats the sun made out of? Fire!!! Where else do you get a lot of fire? Hmmn? Where? You know!! That's right, Korean Barbeque restaurants!! And what do they do to meat in a Korean Barbeque restaurant? They ROAST it!! Where else do things get roasted? Uh huh. At Comedy festivals! Do you see where this is going? Flares, the Sun, Fire, Barbeques, Comedians. I mean we all know that comedians are inherently evil and they only have one aim in life, and that's to get a voice acting role in a Disney Movie. And Disney movies are all about evil witches and wizards!! And we ALL know about those witches and wizards don't we? They studied at that English school with the magic train and the giant spiders and a headmaster who looked a lot like famous British actor Michael Gambon. And where does the name Michael come from? That's right, the Arch-Angel Michael who sat at God's right hand. Hands!! And what do they say about "idle hands"? Well, that's pretty cut and dried right there!! They say that it was a late 90's comedy film starring a young Jessica Alba alongside Seth Green, who starred in that TV show about Vampires. And Vampires suck your blood, which is an analogy for greedy people trying to take your money. And this is a 3rd party toy, which is clearly being made to take Hasbro's money!!... oh and something, something "hell".
    I mean, it all seems pretty obvious to me.

• Like Like x 4
  20. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    For some reason I have never gotten use to people calling Transformers “pretty”.

• Like Like x 2