NEWAGE TOYS H-13 Lucifer - Legends scale STARSCREAM (and Seekers?)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TotoyBiboPH, Aug 5, 2019.

1. myoung555

myoung555 Well-Known Member

DX9 and Newage are one and the same. They just put Dutch out so they’re not going to redo him any time soon is my guess. Dutch is great with a few tolerance issues that were easy fixes.

The DX9 Seekers have been out for a long time and had the weird neck block issue so a redo makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  2. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    They are not
    Screenshot_2019-08-05_115754_1.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I'll believe New Age saying there is no relationship between them and DX9 before I'll entertain any speculation that is entirely based on box art.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Young, dumb and full of Transformers toys

News Credits:
    I can understand getting weary with teasers. But New Age tend to deliver. They tease it, they show it, it comes out all in a very short space of time. Feels like weeks ago we didn't even know there were Insecticons coming.

• Like Like x 3
  6. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    You do that. The reality is more nuanced. There's a reason they use the same factory, packaging type, and instruction manual design.

• Like Like x 5
  7. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    All conjecture until proven otherwise. But you go ahead and believe that, since you're in the know.

• Like Like x 5
  8. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Indeed. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  9. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's because weeks ago we didn't even know there were Insecticons coming.

:) 

• Like Like x 10
  10. myoung555

myoung555 Well-Known Member

Interesting. First time I’ve ever seen or heard any news about this subject. Just odd the promo pictures are with Dutch, box art is the same, they all scale the same, and DX9 has been quiet on the legends since NA came out. I still believe they’re related somehow. Maybe the NA designers worked for DX9 and parted ways or something but there are too many coincidences for them to not have some relation. I suppose that means another Prime could come out but I would think it’s a low priority for them.

11. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    If I mass produced my designs and did box art with the DX9 and Magic Square figures that they were designed to accompany, would I now work for DX9 or MST, or would I be smart in showing my would be customers exactly what they want - which is how big are these and how well do they go with those?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably not, but, as @Spiffy points out, they are not without issues and could be vastly improved on. Just from this little teaser we can see curved intakes in bot mode and a relatively clean upper back, as I pointed out in my previous post, both of which are huge improvements over DX9's version and over every other Starscream out there that I'm aware of. Obviously we haven't seen everything yet and the final result could be disappointing but I've loved everything I've seen from NA so I suspect this guy will deliver as well.

Yeah, didn't you hear? The boat said to turn over. That settles it. I've always been pretty skeptical on the assumed link between the two companies mostly just because NA's stuff is worlds better. The designs are much more clever and the sculpting, particularly on the heads, is spectacular for the scale.

So I guess I'm going to be migrating my Legends+ collection into a Legends collection then. New Megatron could've just been a standalone, despite being better than my MFT Megatroun in my collection, but if their Seekers are as good as this teaser makes it look, that's more than a standalone. Time to start replacing figures, starting with Megatron and Starscream. Maybe I should pick up MS's Magnus since he'll scale pretty well with my new collection, rather than wait for MFT's v2. Wonder what I should do with all these figures I'll be replacing. Probably mod HS Prime into a toy version by creating a new head for him and... well that's getting pretty far off topic. Suffice to say I'm excited for what we're seeing here and I've loved just about everything NA has done so far so I'm pretty optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
  13. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    There is a relation. Pay attention to what they actually said, which is true: They are not literally the same company. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  14. Representative Quakeblast

Representative Quakeblast Active Member

The pedant in me is VERY ANNOYED at Newage's Decepticon naming scheme. Why are Starscream and the Insecticons named after [Abrahamic] devils while Megatron is just an unlucky Greek dude?

It's just a big disappointment that they employ such good engineers and such mediocre classicists.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good idea.
    upload_2019-8-5_12-0-21.png

;) 

16. edgecrusher

News Credits:
  17. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

I don't collect Legends... I just have a few of my fav bots... but I always thought DX9 "War in Pocket" series like Dutch etc were a little taller than NewAge? Not the same exact scale?

Yes/no... thoughts?

18. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really like that mold (dx9 skywarp got me into legends and I've never looked back), but there's plenty of room for improvement. The proportions are a bit off (long torso) and between the ankles and short thighs they're not very dynamic in the legs. Still love that transformation though.

On the 'are they the same' front, NA's stuff seems to have different tics design wise, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Eh, either way, I've really liked a higher percentage of NA releases than any other company, so as long as they keep doing their thing I'm good.

19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    We will, because it makes zero fucking difference if they're the same company or not

• Like Like x 8
  20. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    That is my guess too, they are are spin off and they probably share marketing resources similar to how Hot Soldiers used MFT Marketing & Distribution resources.

• Like Like x 1