NEWAGE TOYS H-13 Lucifer - Legends scale STARSCREAM (and Seekers?)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TotoyBiboPH, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    It's in their feet to keep them stable while standing. Backpacks are heavy.
    That's hysterical.
    These are the same hands that they did for Ratchet and Ironhide. I found the fingers way too long, and snipped the fingertips at half their length. Much more proportional now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Autobrats, rolls out!

I'm going to wait to see how good the Magic Squa.... Goddamn it! My preorder muscle spazzed out again!!

Edit: Just curious, anyone who preordered from Show.Z to get that Megs bonus... did you have to preorder each Seeker separately? I couldn't find an option to order them all together.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Same for me, I'm hoping they'll ship em all together and thus include the Megatron bonus!

• Like Like x 1
  5. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think this is one you have to ask the sellers or wait because even the other China sellers I checked don't seem to have any information about it either and they have it in a three pack for $122.

I wish these guys (not just NA) would do away with this bonus stuff because after seeing what happens on reissues later like with IT or Gigapower, they never update their product photos or their boxes and your left wondering if you were shorted when you get it or worse, you think the seller miss lead you on what you would actually get.

I haven't pre-ordered yet but I will be by this Saturday.

6. Autobrat Leader

As of last night, Show.Z had each Seeker for $41.99 plus a double deposit back (deposit was $2 and then they give you $2 off the final price - I think that's how it works) so each Seeker is $39.99 basically.

7. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

With all the likely repaints I am hoping there will be a figure with a non-screaming face.

8. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    Should've waited or I would re-buy. There is a 11/11 sale coming. Its not a huge savings but its still savings.

9. Autobrat Leader

Not taking my chance since their listing show they are temporarily discounted from $43.99 to 41.99. They may go back up once the sale comes around.

10. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

You can lock in your pre-order then pay the rest on the 11th. I think that's what they mean at least from the blurb.

11. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    I just don't see those selling out but I completely understand, if you don't want to take the chance. If things go as I hope, I should see between $33-34 for each seeker shipped.

Probably. I didn't really dig into it but when I have a choice, I don't like to pay in full because we've seen products get delayed indefinitely or some other goofy things happen. The only time I make an exception, is if I know with some confidence a product will be released within a month, maybe two.

12. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta' say I'm not thrilled with the rising cost of Legends figures. The accessories are nice but I'm not sure it justifies spending $40+ per seeker.

• Like Like x 6
  13. DanLyons

DanLyons Little-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They just started including effect parts with Agamenmnon and those were just an initial release bonus. The Seekers are the first ones who include them as a standard part of the package.

14. Autobrat Leader

Quit being so damn logical, you filthy casual.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

The price of things I begin to take an interest in tends to rise because I have expensive taste

• Like Like x 2
  16. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Same here. I'd LOVE to have a legends collection, but Iron Factory priced me out about 2 years ago. Then I thought I'd get back in with all of the new companies ... which promptly hiked up their prices just as I was considering buying things.

So then I got into Diaclone Reboot collecting. If I'm going to pay eleventy hojillion dollars for tiny things, I'd like them to be able to combine eleventy hojillion ways. That's $1 per transformation if we're doing the math at home.

• Like Like x 4
  17. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I don't think I make enough to read that sentence.

• Like Like x 6
  18. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Haw. The way I figure, Legends collecting is worse because of the small size which triggers that "Gotta Catch 'em All" impulse. By the time I'd be done I'dve spent x2-3 what I'd have paid for with the Diaclones which are released at a galacial pace.

Still, can't say I'm not occasionally tempted with some of the Newage stuff. They're like itty bitty MPs at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  19. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    I gotta say, I felt this way even with the NA Datsuns and Jazz where we were pushing $30 (maybe you could get them for a few bucks less with some coupons and/or savvy price shopping). (EDIT: I say that but I ended up getting like 5 or 6 Datsuns regardless, and Jazz and Stepper...). It was so much easier to jump in on everything when they were $15-20 for MFT stuff (heck, most of the time you can STILL get anything MFT makes for that range!). No doubt the quality and difference in detail with NA is very tangible, but still it's a little mind-boggling. I still can't get over how much the Insecticons cost consider how utterly TINY they are and yet here we are (and there they are, on my desk).

But, then again, for Seekers, even Iron Factory's were in the $30-40 range depending on the character and supposed "limited release" and I would put IF and NA on the same page in terms of design/quality/detail/engineering, so the going rate for NA's Seekers isn't too far from what market prices would suggest.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  20. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I've got too many pre orders for original legends bots than to spend it on replacing my perfectly fine DX9 seeker trio. Oh well