NEWAGE NA H19 William Bonney & H20 Hogan (Outback & Brawn)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by gundam8864, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suppose that's a fair price for two bots but, since I only really want one of them, that means I'll be passing $50 for Brawn and then I'll just have an Outback I don't care about standing on the shelf too.

I'm sure someone will suggest I sell Outback but selling toys is way too much trouble. I guess I'll wait and see what the price is on ShowZ, though honestly their shipping is so bad lately I kinda don't want to deal with them anymore. I have a package coming from them that's been in limbo since the 2nd and I have no idea when it's coming or even if at this point (to be fair, I've never had a package from them not arrive but it's unnerving when tracking goes dead for so long).

Why did the damned "premium" mentality have to infect legends? These are little guys that should be $20 - $30 tops and now we've got $50 leaders, $40 seekers, and minibots that come in a $50 bundle with a C string character.

• Like Like x 1
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Heh, was just about to reccomend selling the other but yeah, I too wouldn't wanna be bothered with it either

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That and nobody is going to want outback and not want Brawn but plenty will want Brawn and not outback, which means it'll be difficult to sell.

4. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not true. I don't want that Brawn, but I think I'll take that Outback.

• Like Like x 2
  5. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Brawn is a favorite, but Outback looks better with this mold. The tan/brown hinge for the head clashes less than green/yellow on Brawn. And the ball joint on the arm sticks more to me because of the silver/grey forearm on Brawn.
    Not deal breakers to me, but with IF and Magic Square moving away from ball joints more noticeable to me

6. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Considering it's rare for me to buy a bot that isn't Legends, I'd rather have premium quality for a bit more price. These are tiny, innovative, and often better than full sized Masterpiece TFs.

However, even if these are $50 (which non-US sellers should be cheaper), that's $25 each for a high quality bot-- and is about what the standard price for that size has been for years. NA Bee was about $25. IF Bots have been in a similar range. NA Seekers are around $40, which is about what IF Starscream cost in 2016-- while NA Starscream probably has a higher parts count AND has a flight stand \ space bridge section.

We could also look at mainline prices. A CHUGTHULU Brawn would be about $20 but might be halfassed in quality, or if you want an overly complex MP it would be about $110 (based on Bumblebee).

Would I like these to be cheaper? Yeah! But in the context of other TF related merch it's not a bad price for the item.

And I'd rather have had Brawn on his own, but I can understand why they did it. These are small runs, molds are expensive, and each product is a risk, so they need to recoup their investment. I'd rather they bundle in Outback than have them raise the price on Brawn to compensate.

• Like Like x 5
  7. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my payment notice from ShowZ for these guys this morning, so must be almost ready to ship... bloody quick that even for NewAge!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. ChucklesLastLaugh

ChucklesLastLaugh Undercover so long, they all forgot who I work for

Outback is in the HOF for being in the Quintesson Journal episode.

9. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Good grief that was fast! Newage doesn't play around with releases

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    NewAge posted a group shot. This is a small cross-section (not high quality) where you can see how Brawn (and Outback) scales with their other figures. He's basically Bumblebee sized.

Capture.JPG

From NewAge Weibo

• Like Like x 9
  11. zeroblue2099

News Credits:
    This the picture I was hoping for; Brawn (like BB) looks like he should work just fine with DX9 or MS figures in addition to NA.
    Not that it really mattered since he'll be the only legends scale Brawn available.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tismark

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm on the fence as to what size Brawn should be. I was just looking at some scenes with Brawn in it and it's all over the place from him being maybe a smidge taller than Bumblebee to leaning over Bee as if he's more than a head taller. LOL I think I'm going with my original plan to hopefully just get Outback from this mold and wait for MST on Brawn. I'd kind of like to not have the two look like exactly the same Bot.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

would it bug you if they were slightly different height/size?

14. Tismark

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not really. I don't feel like they have to be the exact same size just because their vehicle modes are the same. And who knows their alt modes may be closer. So far the MST and NA car bots alt modes are similar in size, but their bot modes are different heights.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

makes sense. the MS minibots have been a bit larger tho havent they? Cosmos is the most obvious example

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tismark

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Everything after Seaspray and Beachcomber has been bigger than NA by a fair bit. When they get to Brawn, I suspect he'll be more like Huffer/Cosmos size wise.

NA Flipper is my Bumblebee. Unless MST really knocks it out of the park when they get to that one, NA will remain my Bee. I'm happy for some size variation in my figures and I feel like Bee should definitely be the smallest bot out there or at least among the smallest.

• Like Like x 6
  17. zeroblue2099

News Credits:
    I can't imagine NA Bee will be dethroned any time soon.
    I imagine when/if MS gets around to making their own Bee it will be nicer just because the engineering will be more advanced after a few years.
    But NA Bee has been solid figure; even if I replace him someday I'm glad to have him now.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tismark

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I suspect they've skipped Bumblebee for so long because NA Bee is kind of the reigning champ at the moment. No reason to try that figure unless they are going to make it significantly better so they have been hitting mostly other figures.

• Like Like x 4
  19. zeroblue2099

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree. Though they seem to be competing more and more. I wonder if MS is worried that if they don't get a few of the more iconic characters out people will switch to NA.
    NA seems to be hitting the big names out first.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MS released only 3 legends molds last year. I dunno about them being competitive

• Like Like x 2