Newage N-H1 Little Bumblebee (legend size)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, May 15, 2018.

1. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Yes the colours and everything make goldbug very nice.
    NA are doing bb reissue arent they?
    They should make the windows shiney blue...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tismark

Tismark Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I have both Bumblebee and Goldbug. I can't pick a favorite between the two - they both scratch different itches. I won't say that they can't be bettered but for their size, I'm happy enough with the compromises they made. The wheels not working doesn't bother me a bit. If they did do a V2 down the line somewhere, I would welcome better hands. Just being able to have a little wrist movement - at least to straighten them out as part of transformation would be great. I also wouldn't mind if he had actual calves. LOL

But I actually like him better than my MP Bee. NA Bee reminds me more of the cartoon and he was one of my first legends scale figures.

• Like Like x 4
  3. LeoJ

LeoJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think this is it for the flipper mold.

4. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Meekutron

Meekutron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the numerous recolors, I'm baffled there isn't a red one

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    Think they are keeping Cliffy for their next Autobot wave with a slith different mold. Spinning wheels would be nice. I'd even be in for a Flipper v2 if it had spinning wheels.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Meekutron

News Credits:
    There is a red Takara MP Bumblebee. Cliffy is a separate issue

8. JeremyGui

JeremyGui a purveyor of fine geekery since I98O

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    Bee Meets Dog
    SO HUGE.png

• Like Like x 6
  9. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

oh god so pointy

the horns are like needles in my hand

• Like Like x 2
  10. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...corbot mugger's a lethal weapon...

• Like Like x 2
  11. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

I finally decided to get NewAge Bumblebee after learning a little about its history. (It is otherwise a little too small for my liking.)

【变百科】弑神三部曲第三章:黎明前的天际必将赤红如血

(In Chinese.)

One-line summary: it's the comeback product for DX9 WiP designer after that line was decimated by MFT and other KOs.

It is supposed to be 6 cm, but however I measured it, it's 6.1 to 6.2 cm. :D 

(6.0 cm is very significant because, according to that video, the HS designer [associated with MFT] once arrogantly proclaimed that no one could make a Bumblebee as small as 6.0 cm when people criticized his HS-09.)

• Like Like x 2
  12. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Iiiiiiiiinteresting.

Finally some concrete proof that DX9 WiP became New Age.

@NOCV you can shove a big ole "I told you so" in the faces of those who didn't believe you.

And what's more, for any of you who brag about buying MFTs KOs because "omg it's such a good deal", it's YOUR fault that we don't get DX9s Predaking. KOs put that line out of business and now we don't get that toy.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  13. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Precisely. Fuck MFT.

I don't mind a KO that doesn't compete with the original release (like MPP-10) but MFT is predatory.

• Like Like x 4
  14. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I was actually a doubter until I started working with HTB, so it's not anything I'd be smug about :D 

I don't know why NA never came right out and said who they were. I think that would've only added to their success. My memory is likely off, but I feel like DX9 and IF were the only notable shops in the 3p legends business, for a while.

• Like Like x 4
  15. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    UT was going strong in those early days.... I guess they became Magic Square?

• Like Like x 3
  16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Another good indication that NewAge sprang from DX9 is the Seeker null rays. The NA null-rays look pretty much identical to the DX9 ones (right down to the little sculpting details). The only difference is that the barrel length has been changed a bit (if I remember correctly the NA one is slightly longer, but it might be the other way around... don't have them in front of me right now). Anyhow, it looks like a tweak to the same base mold. I mean, not that another company couldn't just KO the pieces, but it's still a connection between the two.

17. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On the other hand, DX9's designs weren't that great while NA's are spectacular (mostly) so you should be thanking those of us who buy mft for forcing them to up their game.

But seriously, I never bought dx9 because they were too expensive for what you got and I'm starting to feel the same way about NA given how expensive their seekers are. I didn't choose the KOs over the real ones - I rejected the real ones and lived without them having no idea that KOs were coming. So the KOs don't represent lost sales from me at least.

And, while I love my NA Bumblebee, it could be argued that the HS designer was right - NA had to sacrifice waist swivel and rolling wheels to accomplish their design and they couldn't even get the hands to hold the gun straight forward. None of those are deal breakers for me and the design is still amazing but it must be admitted that NA made sacrifices to bring it about. HS Bee is utter trash though.

• Like Like x 5
  18. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I'm sure they could correct all of that now. The Insecticons have waist swivel and Brawn and Outback have rollie wheels.
    Bumblebee probably had to sacrifice some parts to get a new product, from a new company made.

I kinda view KOs as necessary evils. They help drive competition to an extent. I know the harm they can cause to companies trying to recoup R&D in their prices, but without some of the oversized figures, we just wouldn't have the larger options to suit scale preferences.

A prime example are the Phase Sixers. Dinobots sell like hotcakes, so we're bound to see them again at some point. Overlord, Sixshot, and Black Shadow aren't really A-listers and the Iron Factory versions are too small.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Meekutron

News Credits:
    well it's only a matter of time for the NA KOs to come out..

20. Spiffy

Spiffy Well-Known Member

Well, now we know, buying the KO's will kill the chance of having more NA in the future, so vote with your wallet. I guess if you're having a scale issue it's somewhat different, but not really. Saying you need to buy OS KO's to match your other OS KO's is a lame argument. Go get the backlog of MS/NA instead. If you can't afford the sticker price, you're in the wrong hobby, rather than killing it for the rest of us.

My hope is NA can sell enough on initial release to not be too hurt by KO's down the line. They're certainly aggressive enough in their release schedule (coronavirus notwithstanding..)

Anyhoo. Buy cheaper KO's now, don't get any later, simple as that, unless you're hoping yet another company will test the waters. But twice burned, and all that.

• Like Like x 3