Newage Manero and Capoeira (Legends scale Jazz and Stepper)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Snaku, Mar 17, 2019.

1. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    doesn't future some off with just a little bit of soap and warm water. isn't that what they claim.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure. I figured it wouldn't since it's supposed to be acrylic based. I don't want to risk wrecking him. Might do some experiments on a scrap piece or something. Or I might just call it good enough 'cuz it was such a pain to do the first time and I really don't wanna' do it again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lilcarus

News Credits:
    i really thought it was actually a water soluble product...maybe one of our resident future experts can chime in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Acrylic paint is water soluble until it dries. I would expect acrylic-based polish to be similar.

If it were me, I'd pop it in some near-boiling water for 10-15 secs to soften the plastic bonds, and the go to work at trying to peel them off. That'd be after I tried fine tipped Sharpie pens to hide my white decal edges, because I know how unappealing repeat minute detail work is.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Might try that. The sharpie thing, not the boiling. Won't be a match but it'll be much closer than white and it's such a small area that it won't be noticeable at all. Like when I used to use a silver sharpie to touch up the front of Apollyon's head when it got nicked during transformation - it didn't match but on such a tiny area, it was invisible even if I was really looking for it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    In my head there's a constant struggle where the perfectionist is screaming "someone will notice", while the pessimist says "yeah, but whoever points something that small out is kinda an a-hole".

• Like Like x 5
  7. lilcarus

News Credits:
    i would notice and point it out...o_O 

but future isn't acrylic paint it barely has any bite to it.

i did some searching and it seems there are 2 main ways to clean it up. the first one is just regular windex.

the second is if you have multiple coats painted on. a little more fresh future will loosen the old future up. then you can just wipe it all off with windex.

https://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/112-...uture-floor-polish.html#/topics/286649?page=1

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Oh, cool. you'll have to show his bot mode when done!

Yeah, the movies were very Bayish when it came to that . Ironhide knows it's starscream in movie 1, but they have to scan around (and sniff!) For hidden decepticons in movie 2 or energon detectors in 3. I always felt the disguises were semi-against each other, but mainly for fooling humans (thinking of stuff other than the old cartoon where humans might react negatively to a giant robot regardless of what side)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Applied the faction logo and did some touchups. Gonna need to go back and fix the intakes or whatever and then silver his grey plastic parts but for now I'm letting him dry while carefully posing him for a few pics.

IMG_20190424_165335.jpg

With the big Jazz (Downbeat):
    IMG_20190424_165542.jpg

IMG_20190424_165928.jpg

Jazz: What's the haps, Junior?
    Jazz Junior: Daddy, will I ever be as big and strong as you?
    J: Kiddo, you'll be bigger, stronger, and faster than your old man. You're gonna' be the coolest cat anybody's ever seen.
    Jr: Yay! Daddy, can I try your rocket gun?
    J: Sure thing, kid. Be careful with her though. She's a real special lady. I call her "Ragtime."

IMG_20190424_170211.jpg

Jr: Pew pew! Take that destacons!
    J: That's it, boy. Keep it up and you'll be tougher than Omega Supreme one day.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 13
  10. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one who read that in Scatman Crothers' voice.

• Like Like x 6
  11. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    "Into the ocean, let's be daring! Last one in's a rusty herring!"

• Like Like x 6
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly the voice I wrote it in :D 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anybody get Cyclops yet? I received him and Stepper today and Cyclops didn't come with a gun. I initially thought he didn't have one because he has a gun for a hand, but there is a spot in the plastic shell for a gun.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
    Interesting... I have not received mine yet but never really thought about whether or not he would come with a gun. I went on the @ShowZStore website to look at all of the photos and sure enough, he is not pictured with a gun in any of them.

NewAge New Age NA H2P H-2P Cyclops Shockwave

As for the tray with a spot for the gun, I would just assume that it was cheaper for them to make extra of the existing tray rather than to design and manufacture a new version without the gun spot.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Autobrat Leader

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I had the same thoughts. I got all 3 versions and the plastic and instructions are all the same. No big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Autobrat Leader

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    illogical.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  17. Autobrat Leader

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Shockwave is way more pink than he shows up in pictures. Didn't like his gold eye at first vs a yellow one, but it seems to reflect light really well since it's metallic gold.
    Shockwave.jpg

Stepper is just awesome. He has a matte black finish that makes the shiny gold paint pop like crazy.
    IMG_20190426_080316.jpg

I loved the Jazz mold to begin with, but having these guys in alt colors really makes other details in the mold stand out that weren't originally noticed.

• Like Like x 12
  18. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finished the decal sheet.

If you'd like to use it, you'll want to print it onto waterslide decal paper (should be able to find it on Amazon) or printable vinyl or whatever. I printed it onto white backed waterslide paper because I was too lazy to try to clean off the existing paint on Manero but, if you're willing to put in the work, you'll get better results if you strip his painted stripes and print the decals on clear paper. I would apply the door stripes first (they're the small straight stripes that curve up at the end) and the fender stripes second. The hood stripe is meant to be applied in one piece and then cut with an xacto once it's dried but you can cut it into pieces and apply them separately if you prefer. I didn't use the "Martini Porsche," "Shell," or "4" decals on mine. I found that there wasn't enough space on the front under the hood for the Martini Porsche to fit, and I thought the Shell decals would look too busy at this size. I left the 4's on his doors even though they're in the wrong position because it was easier than removing them and trying to add new ones elsewhere with all the pieces that his doors break into. I've included the hood vents at different sizes so you can choose whichever looks better to you. The rest should be fairly self explanatory - the medium length stripe is for the roof and the short one is for the panel that Jazz' head attaches to (though I made it too long so you'll need to trim it a bit).

If you haven't used waterslides before, I'd recommend checking out some tutorials or videos. I also recommend using Micro Set to help them stick and Micro Sol to help them conform to the surfaces and achieve a more "painted" look. Also, this should go without saying, but do this at your own risk and I'm not responsible for you ruining your toy.

LilJazzDecalSheet.jpg

Uploaded at full resolution at:
    Uploadfiles.io - Download LilJazzDecalSheet.jpg for free
    (TFW2005 automatically compresses images so my high quality 1.7MB image gets smooshed down to 370KB. Uploadfiles only keeps uploads for 30 days, though, so I'll have to reupload it if anybody wants it after that. If anybody knows a better place to upload uncompressed files that won't ever go away, let me know).

[Edit] Actually, it occurs to me that I should be able to put it on Mega and create a link there, so this link should work forever. Let me know if it doesn't.

And for my next magic trick:
    upload_2019-4-26_22-50-57.png

Copied from Downbeat's and simplified a little due to scale. Still need to design the hinge and peg to attach to Manero and then I'll try printing it (after I figure out where to split it for printing - I'd rather not deal with messy supports so I'm going to be printing it in pieces). If all goes well, I should have a rocket launcher on my 'lil Jazz by the end of the weekend.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  19. RedEG6

RedEG6 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know anything about Universe 2.0 Jazz but Newage Manero is about the size of a HotWheels car which means these decals are going to be really small on anything else.