Newage H53 Michael (Legends Scale Omega Supreme)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by htquyet, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife keeps telling me to just enjoy the joke before pushing up my glasses and akshullying (it's not my fault that her brand of humor is especially thoughtful and thought provoking) so let me first say that yes, that's funny, and you are most definitely not the first to say that. :lol  My cubicle neighbor would tell me that people would always ask him "How does he get any work done," to which I'd tell him, "I work at a computer. The mouse and keyboard aren't blocked and the rest of the desk is just empty space that I don't actually use for working. I don't see how filling that space with toys is going to keep me from doing anything."

But, funny enough, I just had a long think about this (I shower during my lunch break so that's when I do all my pondering). I'm not diagnosed but my wife swears up and down I've got ADHD. I find that surrounding myself with things that are mildly distracting actually makes it easier to concentrate. Like, I dunno', I need something to take up the extra brain cycles to keep them out of the way so I can actually focus on what I'm doing. Plus being surrounded by Transformers just makes me happy. Though, yes, I did spend a fair amount of time posing and taking pics but my job gives me a lot of downtime (less than it used to - now I spend at least 1/3 of my time actually working) so it never got in the way.

Anyway, it's time for me to make a half-hearted effort to pretend I'm not completely off topic by bringing things back to NA Omega so um... yeah, he looks cool and hm... I pretty much said everything I had to say about him already. I've thought about it and I'll almost certainly get him, even if he is overpriced. (Hahahahahahahaha! "if") I just can't decide if I want to cancel Pangu or not. It's stupid because of course I should but I can't help but think, "What if NA is so expensive I decide it's not worth it and then I've missed out on Pangu?" Plus I've got a nephew and a brother-in-law who are always happy to receive my cast-offs so it's not like he'd be homeless. But it still feels stupid to spend $80 on a toy that I've pretty much already decided I'm not going to keep. What I really should do is just not get NA and get Pangu. And then, if NA does a more affordable "F" version, get that and, if not, just stick with Pangu. But I don't have nearly enough willpower to risk missing out on this mold altogether.

[Edit] Btw, that 1/3 of my time working thing was a joke in case it wasn't obvious. It's at least 2/5 :p 

• Like Like x 15
  2. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

This NA Omega and NA Jetfire EX will for sure be two toys of the year 2023 for me personally, as I have been wanting a proper G1 Omega and Jetfire (macross) since my childhood and FINALLY will be able to get both in the same year, and there hasnt been something to really do it for me before these two NA toys showed up at prices i am ready to pay and acquire. For me, 2022 was NA Optimus / Skyfire and IF Grimlock. Dinobots were already done and acquired in other scales and forms, but nothing really satisfying for Omega and Jetfire. This NA Omega is just so beefy and pristine and nice transformation and well articulated, i am really REALLY REEAALLYYYYY looking forward to it, and that even if it is the ONLY other toy I purchase this year other than receiving my beloved NA Jetfire EX in the next week or two. I will say most likely toy of the year for me by itself, and THAT much worth it for me, FINALLY IN LEGENDS SCALE too, the ONLY scale that i can manage really for such a big bot.

That said, i am, although nothing will beat NA Jetfire and Omega, also looking forward to NA and/or IF next dinobot (unless MS steps into dinobot party too), and the eventual MS Jetfire (toy version) could be interesting too (but not as essential as my NA Jetfire). Really, NA / MS SLAG is the 3rd toy i really super want most after NA Omega / Jetfire for the perfect trio of 2023 that nothing else can beat for me personally. It is my favorite Dinobot, as was my beloved FT Scoria X when i had him.

You dont need to start over or get them all.... just get what you love most, many good molds readily available, as long as you dont have to catch them all and just enjoy getting cool ones you want that are available.

Look what i did within ONLY 3 - 4 months of joining the club (missing MS Devastator Yellow and NA Jetfire EX and MS Gears/Windcharger and NA Omega Supreme), all on ONE billy shelf, and I am not even trying to get them all, on a very limited budget, just getting what i think is the coolest of the cools ;) . Imagine with two+ shelves and more money, can really divide them out and get pretty good representations of even more figures, but, even with one shelf, its pretty damn good and satisfactory. Also, dont have to switch to just legends, can do Legends AND MP or Chug if you have the same mentality of getting the coolest of cools and enjoying it as is. For example, i also got some other scale figures too in 2022, but preferred legends the most. And in legends scale, much easier and compatible to mix in Newage with Magic Square and Iron Factory ;) . I cant do that with MP, i prefer FT with only some Takara (maybe at most with also XTB).

EDIT: Alternative: Get the big Bots (combiners / OS / skyfire / dinos / UM) in Legends scale, and stick to MP for smaller Bots (minibots / cars / OP). You save ALOT of space that way too and can actually finally hold/pose your big bots!!!

Pic 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Creedog

Creedog Well-Known Member

I gave up on MP and started Legends back in 2019, and thought I was too late back then. It’s never too late to switch, legends just keeps getting better and better.

• Like Like x 4
  4. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NewAge and Magic Square are doing a better job than previous legends companies of doing second or even third releases of characters/figures.

I feel less fear of missing out.

• Like Like x 4
  5. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    yes, and legends releases alot sooner and more quantity. Man, who can wait for MP releases anymore, when you get so many more goodies from legends scale with NA / MS and IF all mixed in and producing / producing / producing!!! Man, the wait for MP makes me lose all the mojo / excitement that legends does in fast release time and repaint goodies.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dammit :mad:  that pic just reminded me that i need those baby boatformers like asap. those things were just too cute and random to pass up.

who did you get them from?

• Like Like x 5
  7. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Show Z for my son's Christmas gift. They are very well made and sturdy and thick heavy plastic, very pleasing. Dont like the two carriers in bot mode due to their feet not being as stable as the other 3 which i love love love in both modes, but good enough in ship mode. Also, you could maybe put them with your legends figure.

Gotta go beg my son for borrowing one of them for my own shelf temporarily, specially the smallest destroyer type ship my favorite / cutest.

• Like Like x 2
  8. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    You can always do what I do. Get the regular cast in MP, and then go legends for the big guys (combiners, city bots etc). Just keep ‘em on different shelves and it totally works, at least for me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    This is my sign to start a full legends collection isn't it

• Like Like x 7
  10. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AlphaTrion.jpg

"Be careful. For if you go too far, you may become broke, and never find a way out".

• Like Like x 13
  11. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And be careful, cuz Newage wants all your monies! :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  12. Jim1981

Jim1981 Well-Known Member

That’s what I do! The MP scale combiners are just way too big. And legends scale figures lack presence. In my opinion the legends Combiners have good presence and look good with MP scale figures.

• Like Like x 2
  13. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I'm going real slow on any legends figures I want because my main collection is MP ish, but it does make me choose only the ones I really like... I still need that NA IDW Cylonus.
    On topic, I want this thing, but I wouldn't know where to put it as I don't exactly have a legends collection space carved out. It is currently this and focusing on Decepticons. I especially like that they generally jive with hotwheels 1/64 scale.
    20221208_220625.jpg

This thing is amazing though, that transformation and botmode look just sublime.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Jim1981

Jim1981 Well-Known Member

nice setup! What displaysetup is that?

• Like Like x 2
  15. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Thanks!
    It's a shelf I got on amazon with a bunch of ikea mitled puck lights installed on it and the ceiling above... lots of wires that are channeled and hidden away behind hehe. The bottom lights are from the Ubiquitous diorama display fashioned into that shape.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

In hindsight, 2019 was a good year to start, as it was the start of the "mini-MP" trend.

I'm impressed by NewAge's Omega Supreme, but I'll give this a pass for now. Like many of their figures, it looks extremely good at first glance, then you start to notice small things that compromise its look.

(This has happened so many times that I have be more critical.)

In this case, it's the protruding red chest and stubby lower legs. I do like the short forearms, though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was doing the same thing with my Legends collection on my office desk.
    But then COVID came and we shut the office down for close to a year, and when we came back they introduced hot-desking and everything on your desk had to be packed away back into a locker every night. My Legends bots are still in the cardboard box I brought them home in and I’m not really sure what to do with them now. I still love them and find myself picking up new releases, with nowhere to display them.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which Megatron is that? I don't recognize it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

The big one on top? That's the MAS Toys Megatron.
    Legends megs is the MS

• Like Like x 3
  20. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I realized I completely missed the Mangmotion video. This Omega Supreme is what I want out of a modern Legends or MP figure. He has good articulation! The only thing missing is butterfly joints and toe tilt. The fact that he has drop-down thighs for higher kicks, and double-jointed elbows and knees are such a breath of fresh air. More modern figures should have these joints or at least the ones that are meant to be highly articulated. That ab crunch is beautiful.

The transformation is also really interesting! So many surprisingly new elements that we hadn't seen before. Or at least I haven't seen before.

Yeah, the big one. Thanks for the info.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 7