NewAge H51 Hawk (G1 Legend Ironhide)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, Dec 18, 2021.

1. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just noticed they finall updated the final price for Ironhide on Show.Z…I just placed my order…. The price stings a little…but it beats the hell out of U.S. domestic retailers.

[Coming Soon] Newage H51 Hawk Ironhide

2. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Now, I will take a look on the mold flashing and see if cleaning and filing helps a bit, thank you for this pointer, still going to sell MS Ironhide, but am sticking to my MS V1 and if the side ladder panels can tab better in truck mode I will be happy. Now For the MS Prime V2 in every review and photo I see the side panels not tabbing properly.

Now MS Jazz, Prowl and Shockwave gave me no problems.

3. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  4. IronMachine

IronMachine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sina Visitor System

6f1312acgy1h9z0p7dw6cj20xc0p0dqy.jpg 6f1312acgy1h9z0p8fwkvj20p00xctht.jpg 6f1312acgy1h9z0p9jw0mj20p00xcqc0.jpg 6f1312acgy1h9z0pasha6j20p00xcwn4.jpg 6f1312acgy1h9z0pcuvvhj20xc0p0tfk.jpg 6f1312acgy1h9z0pdqogij20xc0p07cz.jpg 6f1312acgy1h9z0pmy4s6j20xc0m8n5l.jpg

Ironhide ver 2.0 looks cute, but no matter how simpathic he looks like a robot the face could have been more toon accurate ( like on promo pics, or box ). I don't understand NA, I&R ver 2.0 vehicle mod is smaller than the first versionis and they are bigger as bot mode .. I would not comment on the appearance of the alt mod, the general impression is spoiled by a large number of panels. The only advantage compared to the first version is articulation, more poses in bot mode, accessories. Too bad they aren't as big as the first version, so I stay with mine first ver :) 

• Like Like x 5
  5. IronMachine

IronMachine Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    best transforming Sunbow Ironhide I've ever seen

• Like Like x 3
  7. Anduril74

Anduril74 Well-Known Member

In which case I suggest you look up Magic Square's Ironhide :) 

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    I did.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anduril74

Anduril74 Well-Known Member

Well, as you should know, going for toon accuracy is Magic Square's thing, that should be clear to any collector by now. And they've succeeded in that respect for almost every figure they've released, especially the last couple of years. If you don't want that it isn't MS' fault, perhaps they're just not the product for you? And calling his alt-mode 'trash' and 'the worst' hardly seems somewhat warranted when it successfully achieves the look of the toon version, as is MS' way.

Shame you've had trouble with the tabs, I've never have what I would consider big issues with tabs on any of my MS figures. I guess I've been lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paptimus

Paptimus Well-Known Member

The shiny red paint on Ironhide looks great. The van mode has strange proportions, but the transformation seems great. It is quite panel-y, almost MS level, but the difference in plastic makes those Newage panels much more manifest. Definitely like the look and proportions of the bot mode, though.

• Like Like x 3
  11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    That transformation looks so fun. Love how Newage handles these kinds of things.

they really nailed what I want from a g1 Ironhide

• Like Like x 4
  12. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Caved and ordered both a few days ago, they shipped this morning. They look great with faction symbols attached, so looking forward to them.

Now then NA, could we see some more Dinos now?

• Like Like x 2
  13. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    hmmm… ironhide looks much better than ratchet. the painted and unpainted discrepancy is notably less noticeable on ironhide given it's not all one colour and has the grey upper legs to break up the red. also doesn't help that white is prob the worst to try to colour match with two different materials. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  14. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looking good, but I really hope for an EX and a black EX for my legends toy/Diaclone habit.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    The MS Ironhide and Ratchet are a bit thick but I think they look pretty good in robot mode. The van mode is what fails— and fails badly— which is why I had no interest.

Compared to NA V1, V2 makes improvements in some areas (legs) but takes a step back in others (chest, van). Overall my favorite is still NA V1. The robot is good and the alt mode is outstanding.

16. fatfaso

fatfaso Well-Known Member

To me, it boils down to one thing… do you prioritize alt modes or bot modes. Obviously we all want everything to be perfect, but since few things in life are, you must choose 1. If you love alt modes, pick up the V1 vans. If you prioritize bot modes, get v2. If they keep the bots the same size, I’d say get one of each so you can have different transformations, but since the v2 bots are taller, it will look weird with a v1 Ratchet and v2 Ironhide… that being said who cares what I think. Buy what you dig. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Pretty much, yes. I agree.

18. Sunbow Prime

News Credits:
    It's consistent. Toon robot turns into toon alt. That robot never turned into a real vehicle in the show.

19. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will probably end up replacing my v1s, even though I don't really want to. These just go so much better with NA's current offerings.

20. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I'd also add that some people may like bots that are easier to transform or mess with and may take that over aesthetics in one or both modes. I have the MS versions and I really do like them. But, they're not super fun to transform due to the tiny panels and the tabbing. Once you smash everything together (almost literally), they look GREAT. And as someone who buys both NA and MS I can appreciate what each company does.

I'm excited for these as I just didn't love the wonky proportions of the V1 versions, but they were fun to transform.

• Like Like x 5