NewAge H43 Tyr (Legends Cyclonus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ThatGuyCalledBlaster, Oct 24, 2021.

1. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

dude i love that!

2. Hal Primus

Hal Primus Well-Known Member

Uriel's shipping notification from SZ!

3. kingmob75

kingmob75 Kreon

News Credits:
    As others have touched on - I generally avoid translucent figures unless it has relevance to the fiction - Starscream's Ghost and Mirage are basically the two I make an exception for. Other than that, easy pass for me.

I could possibly make an exception for a 'reformatted' version of Galvy, Cyclonus and Scourge, but that ship has sailed I think [and honestly I'd really only be interested if they were half translucent / half painted]. As those scenes are only a few seconds in the movie, these aren't really 'must haves' as much as say Screamer's Ghost, who is an actual character in multiple episodes of the show.

All of that said, I did buy the translucent version of Cosmos back when it was first released, but I got it specifically to go with my Ectotron and OP Ghostbusters figures [as the Ghost of Cosmos and a little buddy for Slimer].

4. msol

msol Well-Known Member

Just ordered NA Galvatron and Cyclonus. What’s the word these days on a Scourge?

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I think NA said that it will come. I expect it will be released in early 2023. Galvatron was early 21 and Cyclonus was early 22.

• Like Like x 4
  6. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope a NA Scourge is on the way next year. It'll be little like 3p legends coming full circle. The DX9 two packs were some of first legends released.

And re-released thinking about it. DX9 released that three pack of Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge in new colors and Galvatron even got an updated head.

• Like Like x 2
  7. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my SG Cyclonus today from TCP, was waiting til I got all of the non-transparent versions before snapping some pics:

na cyke molds.jpg
    Heh, it hadn't clicked to me that the toy and SG targetmasters had a different number of barrels. I mean, its nice they're not just straight up repaints.

SG decepts tccymegswss.jpg
    Shattered Glass Decepticons! I had mentioned before how weird it is that most SG Decepticons are white, but its also odd that the other option is bright reddish-orange.

• Like Like x 18
  8. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

na_b43t_bot.jpg

na_b43t.jpg

I'm a little disappointed the plane mode has so many non-clear surface.

(These are NA pics.)

• Like Like x 2
  9. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Quick question looking for advice as I've been on the fence about this guy. Does anyone with mainly an MS collection have him and does he stick out like a sore thumb because of the superior paint app, NA scale, etc vs the muted color MS figures? I've been looking for a pic with him in a full MS collection and can't find one so any advice (or pics) would be appreciated.

10. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    I think as far as scale goes, you should be okay, as he's a pretty big bot! Bigger than MST's Cyclonus even.

Don't have any good pics for you to judge how the color fits in though. However, you could always explain anyway any visual discrepancies as being an artifact of his unique genesis.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here he is with a few, I can take pics with others if you want. I think he’d look better with metallic SW and Megs, but I don’t find it horrible.

A385D1EE-E03C-44AA-B7CC-B4764427A2BF.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. TurtleCaps

TurtleCaps Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    @Phase Sixer thanks, most appreciated. Sort of out shines them, although not as bad. Might have to pick this up as there probably won't be another viable option any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Can anyone take a picture of NA Red Cyclonus with NA Toon Grimlock, and one of NA Samurai Cyclonus with NA Toon Grimlock, and let me know which looks nicer together on the same shelf? Thanks in advance.

14. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    I hope this works:

CDB00559-B6E0-40D8-94F8-34DE2731BA12.jpeg

It’s hard to say which one looks better with Grimlock. The metallic purple paint on IDW Cyclonus really stands out against the matte finish of Grimlock. However, the matte red and Orange on SG Cyclonus really don’t mesh well with Grimlock’s colors either. I might give the edge to IDW because the grey is more prominent in its color scheme and while the colors of the SG draws a lot of attention away from Grimlock.

• Like Like x 3
  15. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    Here is a photo with MS-EX Megatron. I think they look great together. Cyclonus does standout amongst the matte texture of regular MS figures but I think is nothing to be overly concerned about. I took another one with some Stunticons as well.

2AB63995-98D3-484A-B656-A6EB2C5B2A0A.jpeg
    871C0CE1-C77C-4E4F-9F35-54100439A38E.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  16. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Thank you very much my friend. I was thinking maybe for the red/orange cyclonus, the red would look ok as Grimlock as red too, and would have The NA Toon Dinos with NA Skyfire, and maybe NA Prime. But i like the colors of the IDW much more as a figure when not considering anything else (and for both modes), and was debating having him with the team instead. So now maybe i choose between IDW and Toon Cyclonus, but which...

• Like Like x 1
  17. zestymans

zestymans Well-Known Member

Just decide based on whether you like swords or guns better.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Magpie

Magpie Active Member

Man I love this guy but boy does he make everything else in my collection look worse by comparison.

01.png

• Like Like x 7
  19. zestymans

zestymans Well-Known Member

Noticed today that ShowZ lowered the price on SG Cyclonus but didn't refund the difference in points. Has the same happened to any of you?

20. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    So my SG Cyclonus arrived from ShowZ today, with no targetmaster. Has this happened to anyone else? How is the little guy packaged? I don’t see room for him in the tray.