Newage H27W Conquest & H28 Octavian (armored Ultra Magnus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 5, 2020.

1. htquyet

htquyet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With your situation, I think you could get a replacement head from NA if you contacted them or your shop.
    I also agree that people with paint chipping issues should spread it to NA so they will know about it.

2. Ashpolt

Ashpolt Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I've already asked my retailer to put in a parts replacement request regarding this figure because mine was entirely missing the smokestacks: I kinda don't want to "bug" them again (the perils of being English and oh-so-polite) but you're right, this probably does warrant a replacement. Fortunately the antennae are separate pieces and just held on by friction, so I don't need an entirely new head, just the antennae themselves. (Which is good, because I'm not even sure how to remove the head!)

3. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My Delta Magnus shipped from ShowZ today.
    Looking forward to it, and hopefully it doesn't have paint issues.

Oh I want to see that.

4. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

The paint issues are a real bummer to see on a figure I’ve been super excited about receiving (any day now). I will say that I had the back window paint come clear off of one of my NA Datsuns. Took very little effort for it to come off during transformation. It looks like this may be more of the same.

5. Mad Prime

Mad Prime Madness! This is Iacon!

News Credits:
    On the Nemesis Prime, and I expect on Optimus Prime and SG Optimus Prime too, it looks better than on Ultra Magnus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And they should have painted in white or grey (or use plastic in that color) in my opinion.

6. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

Interestingly, Prime doesn't have a port on his back.

nah27 back.jpeg

As far as I can tell, there isn't a real intended purpose for the port on Magnus. You could use it for posing with a stand but honestly, I think it was an after thought because they wanted the red detailing on the armored up modes back and just put a port on the other side because they had the space and it already looks out of place with all of the white. Seems strange to me that Prime doesn't have a port but all of the others do.

Also, looking at these photos next to one another has made me realize that the back of OP is more redesigned than I thought. Looks like NP features a similar back tab to UM, only reversed and slightly redesigned where as Optimus has a completely unique back set up to both. I find it really interesting how different the engineering is from each version of this mold.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, that paint chipping has me completely rethinking the Delta Magnus. If it affects Ultra Magnus, I'm sure there will be paint issues on Delta. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not willing to spend upwards of $100+ and have him look like that when it's all said and done. That would SUCK.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    The paint chipping is a non-issue. Get some Pledge Floor Care, which you already oughta have to tighten up ball and pin joints, and coat it before handling. As someone else mentioned, I did this with MP Ironhide and Hot Rod and never had the chrome issues others reported.

9. Ashpolt

Ashpolt Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    It's definitely not a "non issue". This isn't regular paint chipping due to wear, this literally just flaked off from a soft touch, and as I've mentioned before, only on one side - this was definitely a mistake at the factory, because the other side was sealed properly and did not chip off.

And yeah, you can blast every toy you ever buy all over with varnish as soon as you get it - but you shouldn't have to. (Not to mention how that runs the risk of creating further problems with parts no longer fitting together or being too tight.)

If your figure doesn't have the issues that Magicube and I have had then great, good for you - but to call it a "non-issue" is dismissive, condescending and just flat-out incorrect.

• Like Like x 13
  10. Xkcer Man

Xkcer Man Autobot

News Credits:
    Pardon me. I should have said that we can minimize the number of issues with a bit of preventative care, thanks to those of you who have reported your concerns early.

• Like Like x 2
  11. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

this has nothing to do with NA or anything. but having to cover any new fig with pledge to keep it from flaking should never be an option.

most of us like factory finishes because they are generally smooth,metallic or shiny and all that jazz. but i am pretty sure a pledge coat that wasn't airbrushed on will not look that hot.

• Like Like x 4
  12. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Hopefully the chipping paint is regulated to Magnus' first run, and not Powered Convoy, and Newage will contact the factory to rectify the issue asap.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I can't imagine ruining the finish of every single figure with some sort of extra finish. Even properly applied, a top coat will change the finish.

• Like Like x 2
  14. lilcarus

yeah that ain't how this works. i am not sure about the variant numbers. but over at NA they run about 2500 figs each run. all those bots are/were done and built months ago. they dont even have the molds around most likely.

hopefully the flacking issue will just be limited to a few unlucky bots here and there. i don't think the paint adhesion will be that much of a problem...hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  15. MasterScale

Thanks for the info. Not that I doubt you, but where did you find this out? And are you saying that the Diaclone version will be just as prone to paint issues?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Will be at least down to a paint run, be it a expired can or badly mixed, or possibly more likely a pile of bits that were not cleaned/prepped/contaminated preventing paint adherence.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MasterScale

Thank you.

18. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    I’m 99.9% sure Newage don’t destroy their own moulds that quick. For example, look how they’ve reissued their Megatron, Soundwave and Outback recently. And the toy-colours Prowl came out ages after all their other Datsun guys.

19. lilcarus

no i meant like at the production factory or whatever. I'm sure the molds are in storage and have left the building already.

20. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Happy mountaineer!

Instagram:
    I recommend to stopingy using cleaning chemicals on the articulations. If it helps, read my signature, it's safer.