Newage H27W Conquest & H28 Octavian (armored Ultra Magnus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

The transformation for the core robot looks interesting and enjoyable to me. I really like the leg transformation. Good to see another approach to transformation design for the Optimus Prime form factor.

• Like Like x 3
  2. magicube

magicube Legends Scale Collector

News Credits:
    Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I wish I could get the white Optimus figure on its own! Not a big fan of the proportions the armor.

I would definitely be down for a Delta repaint though. Already have MS Magnus V2 so the regular color scheme has been fulfilled.

3. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The leg transformation is brilliant, how the wheels go into the feet. I also love how simple it is to get the armor on compared to MS.

I’m still not sold on the faux windows being worth the cost of doing business.

In the end I think it’s gonna be MS for the cleaner look, NA for the playability.

I’m looking forward to having both. Playability goes a long ways for me with Legends figs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DarkSkull

DarkSkull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Generally with the NA the diaclone color combination is almost obvious, but this time strangely there has not yet been any announcement about it, despite the tfcon various models have been presented...

• Like Like x 1
  5. magicube

News Credits:
    Seems like NA has really slowed down on the number of release/announcements they make. I assume issues with their supply chain have caught up to them and so they have to be a little pickier on what/when to release. Hopefully we will hear some news after this latest release. Delta has to be a no brainer though in my opinion. Especially if they throw in an alternate skull head for SG usage!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    I think maybe they’re rushed to get their Prime out before MS does, and a lot of their schedule has to do with that competition.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I don’t thin MS V2 was their ideal competition when the figure started being made. I think they were going up again the V1 and got surprised by the V2. MS V2 isn’t coming out any time soon. Their Devy only has 1 of 3 sets released so far.

8. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

That is very, very impressive, innovative engineering throughout and as for the "flaws" in Magnus such as the back and seeing the arms from above its still better than MP-22! In a legends scale figure this whole model is a stand out and you get a unique Prime figure as well and dont have to go scrabbling to search for an out of stock MS-B18W figure to complete Magic Squares version.

For the size and technology this is amazing IMO, 9/10.

• Like Like x 6
  9. htquyet

htquyet Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think NA's UM and OP would have even been in front list to their Devastator and planed to be released earlier. They probably had their OP molds finished back in early April. Because of MS's Devy, NA had to change the production and made their Devy priority.
    MS OP v2 was a surprise, but NA using another mold for their Optimus with their Magnus is also a surprise. I'm glad to have 2 versions with different transformations.

• Like Like x 2
  10. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    “In the waistcoat of the human figure of the sky”. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

11. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    Once MS gets the factory time rolling again they could pump out a lot of figures quickly just like the last wave.

Although CNY is coming fast too which could extend their downtime.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    Very nice! The transformation seems fluid and fun, despite certain designed choices, open to discuss. I don't mind the visible white arms, but the matrix gimmick is awfully designed. It would have been a better idea to throw it away entirely. It has been used once in fiction. Will NA Scourge get a matrix gimmick as well? I doubt it.

Anyway, a very nice, very expensive toy

• Like Like x 1
  13. magicube

News Credits:

I agree on the matrix part. Personally I would do away with it on legends scale Optimus too. I have felt that it adds unnecessary clunk to the figure for a gimmick that, in my opinion, isn’t worth it. Personally feel that the NA double chest was a result of trying to fit in the matrix in addition to the larger windows.

Does anyone leave Prime or Magnus posed with their chest cavities opened? Or with the matrix out? It’s certainly an iconic part of Optimus’ character but is it worth it when at this size, the matrix is so small that it can hardly be recognized and it cant be held by the figures either?

• Like Like x 1
  14. King Gojira

King Gojira 'Til all are one TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fair enough to the folks who aren't a fan of matrix gimmicks on Prime, Magnus, etc... But I personally disagree and rather enjoy it. Sure I don't think many, if any, people ever display their figures with the chest flung open and the matrix showing, or them holding the matrix in their hands if they're able to, but I personally think that part of the fun of collecting these figures are the neat and creative accessories they come with, along with the many display options a lot of them bring to the whole package.

I think Transformers would be a little boring if they didn't have some of the many "that thing from that episode" bits and pieces that they come with. Take Prime for example. His axe was used once in the entirety of G1 AFAIR, and isn't really something that needs to be included. But it's cool that it is included with so many versions of him, and gives him an added display option. Or how about Megs and his random blaster from the movie along with his battle damaged effects when they're included. Unnecessary, but fun additions that add variety to the things you can actually do with the figure. I see too many people who just display their figures nuts to butts, standing straight up and down doing absolutely nothing like they just came off of an assembly line. I personally love to see the creative ways some people actually set up displays or scenarios for their figures that make their collection look unique and cool. Using some of the unnecessary accessories to create a dynamic scene in a display, or creating a diorama that suits the figures adds so much flavor and badassery to me personally.

But one of the many joys of collecting these figures and being a part of this Fandom, is that there's usually an option for everyone, ESPECIALLY in the more recent years with all the great figures that have been released. I feel like sometimes people get way too nitpicky for their own good, and it's pretty disappointing to see that, when not too long ago the figures we got were not really all that great. Legends scaled stuff especially. These legends figures have come so far and it's amazing to see. I feel like a lot of us take a lot of it for granted and set our expectations way too high. But everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinions. Not trying to downplay anyone's thoughts. Things like NA Prime's double chest aren't perfect, sure, and I'm sure it could have been done a bunch of different ways to achieve a better result. But I feel like Newage wanted their Prime to be a fun toy first and foremost, something that you can enjoy transforming or posing and I honestly feel like they did an amazing job. The engineering of this figure and most of their figures honestly is incredible imo. And to me, personally, most of their figures look amazing as well, double chest be damned lol.

It may just be the NA fanboy in me but I'm happy with the design Of Ultra Magnus, Prime and his many different colored counterparts. That's just my 2 cents. :D  Sorry for the extremely long post! Happy collecting everyone!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  15. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    good attempt at UM body suit, much better than MS offering for sure. watching the transformation, there's some great work there. i especially like how the white prime legs are formed. but the cab to torso looks a bit tedious.

i agree with the reviewer where he states the trailer looks too short and/or the truck bed is too long, and the trailer hitches too far back on the truck bed. also agree the proportions being off on the white prime with the torso waist up vs the legs waist down.

i really hate the way they cut the chest for the matrix chamber. either they should have cut along seams, or left the gimmick out altogether and just have the matrix chamber open as it should on just prime.

lastly, i can't overlook the double chest, especially with the noticeable gap at top and the sides. it doesn't help that the alt bumper is red which makes it visually stand out even worse on white prime. :p 

from the reviews, this has some things going for it that impressed me, particularly the transformation and how the trailer becomes the UM suite and how it fits on prime. but overall it just doesn't wow me enough to overcome the inherit design flaws that i already didn't like from the prior photos, so i have to give this a pass.

16. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Its actually my favorite pose for them outside of "Iron Man landing" and the "one foot running pose"...

• Like Like x 2
  17. DarkSkull

DarkSkull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 32
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  18. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this mold shines in the color. i really like that alternate face as well.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Phase Sixer

News Credits:
    Ooh that’s nice. Damn, now I want it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    That Diaclone deco is pure win!

I guess I have to double dip now. Oh, my...

• Like Like x 1