Newage H27W Conquest & H28 Octavian (armored Ultra Magnus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

That'll be very, very expensive.

2. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

The "original toy" aka Powered Convoy was armour for that "inner cab robot", the big robot isnt the figure, its a pair of big boy pants so in terms of history and indeed canon its far from extraneous. Besides as you mentioned Magic Square did a first version where the cab and trailer was one and it wasnt well received by the fandom overall but hey, its out there if thats your preference.

• Like Like x 1
  3. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to say this....I have been waiting since the day of MP2, still nothing yet, lol. As for the main line, I had to wait 32 years before Hasbro finally released another Armor UM in the Siege line. The odd does not look good at all. We are likely to get rescued from 3P than counting on Takara Tomy for the MP line.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jaguaratron

I know right, its like they spent all their time trying to make all the parts of the trailer which didnt fit as armour into stupid looking "weapons".........

• Like Like x 1
  5. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker for bots that armor up. I felt really let down by Takara God Ginrai, even with the PE cab upgrade because it's so darned unstable and finnicky.

But this, this gives me hope. It's reminiscent of the Fansproject City Commander -- nice inner bot and sweet armor. But it also seems to have the stability that the two aforementioned figures lacked; lots of articulation and a lot of attitude in such a little packet. Considering the source material was 34+ years ago, I'm surprised the finished product was as faithful as it could be.

One thought: I'm actually ok with all the bot mode bits showing in Ultra Mode. I mean, it's a robot. I want to see mechanical bits here and there. If they did a "stripped" version showing all sorts of gears and wires and exposed panels, why that'd be a wicked looking bot and alt mode.

If later on someone does an OSKO with cleaner panels to hide the inner bot better, well that's okay, in the meantime I'm happy we got options aplenty.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Jaguaratron

This, when the worst the fandom has to deal with is which awesome modern version of a classic character is the best its a good time to be a collector.

• Like Like x 5
  7. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Agreed on all of this. The visible arms barely bother me, and I suspect will be less noticeable in hand as the figure is pretty small. In fact, everything about this is pretty incredible considering it's only a Legend scale figure. I'm amazed at how well it pulls off the armored mode, and it'll go very nicely with my all-in-one Magic Square version. I'm a big lover of all things Ultra Magnus, and I like having a variety of approaches to him.

• Like Like x 4
  8. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

At least a 3P legends collector ;)  . My wife doesn't mind so much if I get $100 worth of "those neat little guys" than if I get 5 of the $300 big ass giant ones that can't hold a pose under their own weight and I can't find a place to put them anywhere, lol.

Dude, I work with a bunch of Engineers in solid steel construction. Our stuff is milled, it doesn't slide, bend, twist, or fold and each piece we make is about half-a-foot long. So to see the fantastic engineering work that goes into -- not one nor two but three modes in that small of a scale, rather than nitpick I just gotta...

upload_2021-9-8_1-23-50.png

Respect!

• Like Like x 10
  9. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

Not to me. I'm willing to pay. Hell, i bought a shinning magnus on ebay a couple years back.

10. Magnusfan Nujevad

They need to sell more than 1 copy to make it worth their efforts.

11. goldenboy1on1

You assume it would be only one they sell. You know the saying about assumptions?

12. goldenboy1on1

I know, i have been waiting since mp2 as well. I have just filled the void with the g1 takara re-colours (diaclone and shinning) of UM. I don't collect the wfc stuff but its nice to see they did the white prime and armour for it.

13. Magnusfan Nujevad

You also assume that enough TF fans are are willing to spend insane amounts of money to recoup costs for a mass release figure. This would't be like Haslab Unicron numbers we're talking here, this would be a production in the tens of thousands, each easily surpassing MP-44 in price.

14. goldenboy1on1

You're assuming too much as it is. Some people have money, thats a known fact. Some don't. Another known fact. What is expensive to some isn't to others. Like mp 44. Why are you even arguing about it?

15. goldenboy1on1

Btw i didn't assume anything. I am speaking to the fact that everything is relative to the finances and as we have seen in the world of collecting transformers, people will spend the money. Plus there would be no telling what the cost of an mp um like this would be. So don't go assuming...

16. Magnusfan Nujevad

Just because one has the money, doesn't mean they are willing to spend it carelessly. It would be crazy for a company to release a mass release figure that is priced way outside of their target market.

17. goldenboy1on1

And again i say don't go assuming...and did i ever say it had to be a mass production? No. Did i ever mention anything along the lines of production? No. Relax.

18. Magnusfan Nujevad

The amount of engineering to create a viable MP Magus with a transforming cap would far surpass MP-44, whose trailer was just a fancy box.
    They wouldn't make a brand new full sized MP mold and only make it an exclusive because that wouldn't recoup the development and tooling costs. The only exception is Nightstaker because it's small and could be reused in the future.

19. goldenboy1on1

Never say never. We have seen that with masterpiece and transformers in general.

20. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    Where are people preordering? It’s not on BBTS. I hope they do a toy scheme repaint.

• Like Like x 1