Newage H23 DARIUS (Galvatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by gundam8864, Nov 16, 2020.

1. TFFan77

TFFan77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just paid my balance off... expensive month for me so far!!
    MS Bumblebee, MFT Brainstorm and Skullcruncher and now NA Galvatron...:eek: :eek: 

Really hoping they all get sent out beofre CNY.. at least that will give me time to save some more pennies for the next batch of purchases!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Not sure about Megatron, but the recent toy and clear versions of Prowl were released simultaneously.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, that makes sense. Even more as I just checked over at Show.Z, and only the regular Galvatron is marked as 'incoming'.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol, soon I will have 3 separate packages en route from ShowZ, 2 of them being NA figures.

• Like Like x 2
  5. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Copper Age Collector

News Credits:
    Oh, is that all? Galvatron makes 7 for me.

• Like Like x 3
  6. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All six versions of the Galvatron mold and one of the Prowls?
    Seeing all the Galvatron variations that NA has come up with makes me wonder what they are going to do with Bumblebee and Optimus.

7. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    YES! Finally some news on this guy. Hopefully I'll have mine in two weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    why wonder? just look at all the various seekers they put out. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already cracked and ordered the MS stunticons. Hopefully they’re good.

On a more on topic statement, damn Newage for all the Galvatrons lol. I prefer the toy/comic color scheme, but the purple looks nice as well. And I want Straxus too. Decisions...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Phase Sixer

Phase Sixer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome news about the preorder notices, I was hoping he’d come out before CNY.

11. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sorry to quote such an old post, but I thought it was well written, made sense, and really spoken to why some folks feel it's OK for legends figures to be $50+.

So what does Darius actually scale with? NA only figures? Is he going to be able to go toe to toe with Megatron or Optimus Prime from Magic Square?

While I still think legends figs for $50 is waaay too expensive, the NA releases especially look super nice, but I don't necessarily think they are the definitive legends figures. They may scale great with other NA figs but they don't necessarily mesh well with all magic square or mft collections (which could all arguably be called legends scale)

So is anyone getting Darius to go with a mostly ms collection or is he a NA collection only purchase?

• Like Like x 2
  12. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Mine are all over the place. With the exception of the 4" minibots, I'm good with mixing and matching. IF, MST, PPT, MFT, NA, DX9 = yes, plz.

• Like Like x 4
  13. FredVIII

FredVIII HUMAN GERM!

News Credits:
    NA Megs scales perfectly fine with MST Optimus, so no there's no reason to think this Galvy won't work a treat with MST figs.

I regularly mix MST and NA figs and plan to do so again with this Galvatron.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When scaling issues literally boil down to differences of millimeters of what 'should be', it's time to take a step back from your collection and remember what's important. When all I have to choose from for Marvel superheroes are the shitty 18th-scale figures ToyBiz and Hasbro have done versus the rather excellent 12th-scale figures I feel like I have a right to bitch when a character shows up in only one or the other scale. TF fans have like twelve different scales to choose from and can't find happiness in any of them no matter how minute the size differences end up being.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is my thinking as well. Most of my collection is MST and I'm actually replacing many of the NA figures I own for being out of scale but their Megatron is eye to eye with MST's and I anticipate that Galvatron will be the same (got the metallic version preordered).

• Like Like x 2
  16. RickyLeeSTF

News Credits:
    Thanks. I do some of my best posts in the morning.

NewAge Darius should have no issues fitting in scale with the majority of Magic Square’s offerings. He’s supposed to be the height of their Megatron. We’ll know more in the coming days I’m sure as production samples make their way into the hands of fans and we get some early photos and reviews.

I’m also pretty selective with my MFT purchases to make sure they fit in more or less. Guys like Astrotrain, the Headmasters, Grapple, Inferno, and Blaster I feel like can lean towards being larger sized bots, and honestly aren’t on the same shelf!

But, those that are, look just fine and blend seamlessly. It’s all about finding what you think fits best. And if that means making multiple purchases of the same character from different companies until you feel like you have the one for you (*cough Bumblebee*coughhh) then that’s just part of the hobby.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Galdelico

Galdelico Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Right over here, pal.
    Mine will be sitting next to Magic Square Cyclonus, within a 35+ MST figures display. Unfortunately, as I preordered the EX variant, I'm still unsure (but honestly doubtful) it will ship now alongside the regular version.

18. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's what I was hoping for as well, but showzstore.com shows Darius being 10cm tall which puts the top of his head at NA Megatron and MST Optimus chest (ie too small). Are the measurements wrong?

IMG_20210125_170308.jpg

I posted this in the NA Megatron thread, but maybe someone here can help...

I am kinda confused. Was looking at picking up the NA Galvatron coming out but then saw it is only 10cm.

MS Optimus and NA Megatron are in my collection and I want my Galvatron to scale roughly the same size. I think MS Optimus and NA Megatron go very well together... But at 10cm, NA Galvatron is only going to go up to Optimus' chest. What gives?

How come the NA Megatron is so big compared to the other NA figures in their own collection? Am I missing something? Why did NA make their Megatron too big for their own line?

I don't see how na Megatron is going to look normal next to Darius

19. TIKnTIN

TIKnTIN … beating a dead horse with a broken record, LoL!

News Credits:
    as answered in NA meg thread…
    New Age H9 Agamemnon (Legends scaled G1 Megatron)

also on BBTS…
    NA H23 Darius Figure

• Like Like x 1
  20. RickyLeeSTF

News Credits:
    Come on, man. You should know that measurements are only an estimate until the product is actually out. Give it another week or less and we will have comparison photos out of China.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2