New York Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by tarouza, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

I talked to the guy that was in the COllector's Club table friday at Cybercon. He said Decepticharge should be out this coming month of August, so we should be seeing more Shockblasts, WHeeljacks and Ravages very soon as they come in the asstmnt. as Decepticharge. Wave 9 I believe

2. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Today at the TRU On Flatbush ave has wave 1.5 with Clocker, Minicons(MINE!!) and Hardtop (MINE!!). They also HAD one Swerve (MINE!!)

3. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Sigh, Alt Swindle and his 8 cousins took out a mortagage at Atlantic Ave Target. The good news is that most of the Wave 1 Cybertron stuff is there except for the leaders.

4. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

Here's my report: KB @ Manhattan Mall: Cybertron Starscream x2, Ransack, Jetfire, DirtBoss, Scourge. K-Mart @ Penn Station: Vector Prime (messed up boxes). TRU LIC: VP, usual energon stuff still on the racks, Alt. Grimlock in a messed up box, Swindle x2, and Windcharger.

5. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Saratoga Target:
    Cybertron Wave 1 complete. :) 
    1 ripped-box Alt Windcharger. No other Alts.
    No Energon. No Universe.

Saratoga WalMart:
    No change in the past 3 months. This pic is from 3 weeks ago, yet the shelf still looks identical.

[​IMG]

6. DarkSuperman

DarkSuperman Well-Known Member

not really, a sighting...but i have a question to share some news with my fellow tf-fans brethren in ny

so i was looking for the instructions to my 20th anniversary prime (which i still havent found) and i realized, the boxes to alot of the figures i have take up ALOT of space. usually, i dont mind and keep them aside...but after so many years of collecting...it's piled up.

so this is my question, how important are the boxes and/or instructions to other fans and/or collectors? as much as i love them, i decides to throw out all the boxes and put all the instructions into a shoe box..this way, all the instructions r in one place. so thats it. off to look for the masterpiece prime instructions. take care all.

7. ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace What's gonna happen?

Ebay:
    If you live in New York City, and you're keeping wastes of space like toy boxes, you're either insane or rich. I just hang onto the instructions, for the hell of it.

You should've seen how I crammed the Cybertron cards in my bag to get them home a few weeks ago. A MISB collector would've openly wept.

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Gagga blagh blagh

News Credits:
    I keep all of my (non- custom fodder) Alt boxes & my import boxes. The only exception to that rule is my 20th Prime box. That one stands right next to my MP Magnus box.

9. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I keep everything because I love the packaging as much as the toys. If you ever plan on selling your toys, the packaging can be worth up to 60% of the total value (a $100 toy in package is $40 toy and $60 package).

I guess you need to decide, do you plan on ever selling? Yes...keep everything.

If no, do you like the packaging as much as or more than the toy itself? If space is an issue and you said no, then ditch the packaging. Otherwise, you may want to go on a case-by-case basis.

Personally, I suggest everyone ditch their packaging so my toys will be worth more in 20 years. My opinion might be slightly influenced by self-interest, though. ;)  :ev: 

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

:lol 

I forgot to post that yesterday I saw a Cybertron Optimus and Megatron at the Queensplace Target. I also didn't see any Energon in the clearance aisle. So maybve they're still resetting.

11. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Today while I was at the Target at Atlantic Ave, I picked up Wave 2 Red Alert and I saw 1x Override. The Target also had most of the wave 1 guys including Hardtop.

12. Dragstrip85

Question: ANybody know which KB TOys store carry the Micromaster DEVASTATOR parts? Only KB in Herald Square at Manhattan Mall had one piece left and I picked that up. I'm missing 5 pieces. Had the chance at Cybercon but I spent my money before I saw them.

The 5th avenue (near Times Squares) KB Toys still exists? Last time I went there was 4-5 years ago :sly: 

13. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Gagga blagh blagh

News Credits:
    Good luck in getting your hands on them since they came out last fall / winter in fairly short supply.

14. Dragstrip85

Thanks. I ask this because I didn't pay too much attention on these guys until I saw the one that I picked up last month. :( 

15. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

Dragstrip85: How much is 1 micromaster constructicon at KB?

16. Dragstrip85

It's $3.99 each (depends on the store too), makes it about $24 plus tax if you buy the whole set of 6

Sadly, I only saw that one I bought so far :thumbdown 

17. ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace What's gonna happen?

Ebay:
    There are only two KBs in the city now: 34th st/6th (Manhattan Mall), and somewhere close to 89th/Broadway. I can't say if either has more Constructicons. Both did at one point, a few months ago...

18. Dragstrip85

Hmm.. Another KB toys is in Cross County, but I know they don't have those anymore.

I am sure there was a KB near FAO Schwartz in Manhattan. I went there around late 2001. Guess it's not there anymore.

I've been to the KB between 88th-89th stree Bdwy, nothing there.

I guess I'll use the Junkion exchange instead :) 

19. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

try KB toys in Newport mall NJ. Just take the path train there, 1 or 2 stops. There's 2 of them in one Mall. I don't know why they have 2 KBs there. Last time I was there, they had many but that was a while ago.

20. mikull

mikull Active Member

all around our area kb's are closing-- not sure why- but some malls that had 2 now have none while others remain.