New York Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by tarouza, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

I don't travel on a weekly basis, so I don't buy the weekly or monthly metrocard. But if I do go out in one day to many places I buy the Fun Pass.

Btw, I bought the 20th Anniversary Prime today at a gift shop over 23rd Street between 1st and 2nd Ave. across the McDonald's there for $80... no tax...kickass (my debit card = useless for now) :banghead: 

If you guys need one, there is one left. Act nicely towards the man and he will just charge you straight up $80, no tax. :lol 

I will post a pic later in Highs and Lows topic. :thumb 

2. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Oh my gosh I found a bunch of Alternators Swerves and Decepticharges at Atlantic Ave Target! Then I wiped the eyecheese away, and realized it's just a bunch of Swindles and Windchargers. :p 

Dekalb Ave TRU is starting to clear out their reissues. They have some el cheapo $3 Skywarps and $9 Dirges in the 30% off clearance rack near the registers. Thundercracker is $13.99 and Skids I think is $17.46. :thumbs2: 

The Silverstreaks are still $20 and Richochet is still $35. :thumbdown 

Surprisingly, the 3x Alternator Grimlocks are still there as well.

3. Dragstrip85

Curse you for playing me like that :stick: 

4. ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace What's gonna happen?

Ebay:
    Thanks for the Dekalb tip. I feel kind of bad, because I never buy multiples... but I bought all 5 Skywarps. I've got two friends, a coworker and a boss who ask me about Transformers all the time, and for $2.08 apiece I'm just going to give them each one for the hell of it. And I'll keep the last one for... I dunno, maybe one of our friends who comes over and marvels at my collection. Door prize! I also picked up one of the 3 Alt. Grimlocks, because my boss wants one (he'll pay me back for that). More prices after the green tag 30% off (approximate, from memory):

Grapple: $4.98
    Smokescreen: $5.98
    Hoist: $6.98
    Inferno: $6.98
    Dirge: $7.98?
    Tracks: $8.94

5. Dragstrip85

you took ALL 3 Grimmys??? :banghead: 

:cry 

6. Sonscreen

Dude he picked up all the Skywarps and only one Grimmy. Read carefully. :D 

Also Times Square TRU had nothing new except they rearranged the TF a little bit.

LIC TRU had 1 Grimmy, 1 Swindle, and 2x Ravages

The National Wholesale Liquidaters next to the LIC TRU had Universe Prowl and Sideburn for $6.99 and some Built to Rule Thundercrackers for $3.99.

7. Dragstrip85

Oh, that's great to hear. I almost yelled "POOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" like that mexican guy from Family Guy =D

8. ChessPieceFace

Ebay:
    Yeah, like I said, I never buy multiples of stuff. I just... couldn't pass up the Skywarps. I like the idea of just giving away G1 Transformers to people I know who remember them fondly.

But Grimlock; I've had mine for months, my boss digs my Silverstreak I have at work, he loves Mustangs, and I offered to pick up a Grimmy if I found one. Just one. :) 

9. Sonscreen

Hey ChessPieceFace, do you think Dragstrip85 will get mad if I buy the other 2 Grimmy's just for the heck of it? :ev: 

10. Dragstrip85

No way. You wouldn't do it. You won't have money for Cybercon :p 

11. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

hey, anyone seen swerve or decepticharge anywhere? all i've been seeing is shockblast and wheeljack. :(  and a whole lot of cybertron figures. oh yeah the alt swipe and smoky 2 pack.

12. Sonscreen

Where are you looking? I haven't seen Wheeljack and Shockblast in awhile. I don't think Decepticharge has hit retail yet.

13. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

TRU douglaston queens and Whitestone had shockblast and wheeljack a few days ago. 1 set of each. 1x shock, 1x whjck, 1x ravage, 1x windch.

14. DarkSuperman

DarkSuperman Well-Known Member

Ok...i sold 3 kidneys (dont ask)...and I have some money. So bills are paid...NOW anyone seen any wheeljacks or shockblasts? other then in queens. any suggestions or advice? and hopefully, going to try to hit up TRU in TS to get my optimus and megs leaders and supreme starscream...they're restocked now right? happy hunting to all.

15. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

If anyone needs the old, old, old Energon Demolishor or Cyclonus KB Exclusives, the KB near me actually has a couple of each in stock for 12.99 each. It's the KB on Broadway and 88th St.

If anyone wants me to head down and pick them up (if you can't make it) just PM me and let me know.

16. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Cybercon is like one week away, I just wanted to know who is going and how will I know who yall are? This will be a cool way to meet alot of you guys and I dont wanna miss out. Me and my new new GF are going to be in attendance for the Saturday slot. Also I went to TRU TS last night, all they have was a wall of Alt Windcharger and Ravage and one lone Shockblast.

17. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Also... apparently Image Anime HAD the Vanguard team (all sold out) and Chromia and Roadstorm (sold out). Crap!! Ima hold out till the convention for them.

18. ChessPieceFace

Ebay:
    I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I already set up my workday so I can leave at 1:30 Friday and walk the 6 blocks to the show. My wife will not be attending, as she'll be at the Dave Matthews show Saturday and doesn't give a crap about Transformers anyway.

You should check out (and post in) the headcount thread.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=78274

19. Dragstrip85

I might go both days. But I will be there Friday for sure around 4 pm :thumbs2: 

20. Sonscreen

Glad to hear you're OK. Is this the GF that went nuts on you???

I'm going to be there both days with a big Autobot sticker on my forehead. :p