New York Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by tarouza, Apr 20, 2003.

1. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 smokes and a dinobot at henrietta walmart. passed on smokes due to 13 dollars. will gamble on target or tru getting him before they raise prices too. Also still have swindle/blurr/lockdown TFA wave.

and 1 dcuc riddler.

2. Numlock

Numlock Starving Artist

several (maybe 5 boxes) of the Animated Jetfire/Jetstorms in Westbury Target... first time I've seen those.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    COMIC CON NEXT WEEKEND who is going? Come on people! Let's meet up, it will be fun :D .

4. CrossRook

CrossRook Well-Known Member

I'll be there on Saturday. Maybe Sunday too.

5. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well I will be there Sunday, anyone else going to be there Sunday? I am still not sure which cosplay I am going to wear! gah

6. Bionic Commando

Bionic Commando Head Master Spy

I'm still trying to get there.Can you give me some helpful hints.Like parking etc. if I decide to take the car down.I'm trying to see which is cheaper.Taking the Metro-North down from upstate is also costly.What are the events there like?Do you get free stuff?My main goal is to get that He-Man exclusive but would like to know what other interesting things are there to do for the rest of the day

7. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My tip to you,NEVER EVER DRIVE IN THE CITY! The convention center is like 3 blocks from Penn station. My train ticket is $20 and I have a 1 hour and half train ride, if I drove it would take me 45 minutes to be in the city. But don't expect to find any type of parking or have your car not get scratched or dented if you go to the city. ummm There are lots of free things and interesting things to do! I don't know about events I only go to shop in the dealers room. :D  I usually meet up with people I knwo from the boards and just hang out and shop.

I mean have you never been to a convention? It is just like any other convention.

8. T16skyhopp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    driving in the city is ok if your used to it, but i wouldn't recommend it. If you do drive in find a parking garage and just pay. If you come by train into grand central you can take a subway to times sq and a shuttle train from there to penn.

9. Bionic Commando

Yeah I'm a noob this will be my first con

Thanks for both of your tips.I have driven in Manhattan before.I'm used to the aggresive cabby driving at the same time I don't want any dings on my car.I'm just not used to the subway transit system.I will have to research the ticket costs

10. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Well no better time then now to pop that convention cherry. o_O  :D 

11. CrossRook

If you take Metro-North to Grand Central, take a cab to the Javits Center. Less complex for you andnot quite as expensive as you'd think.

12. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

The TRU at the end of Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn has ALL the wave 5 Animated and Universe deluxes. I picked up Swindle, Blurr, and Dinobot.

13. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To those in or around the area of Smithtown, NY:

I have been in contact with ILoveDinobot lately and he has informed me that "Fourth World Comics" in Smithtown, NY is carrying IDW's Transformers Generation 1 Volume 2 reprint.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately ILD can not grab me a copy at this time, and would so very much appreciate it if someone could grab me a copy and I'll PayPal them and obviously cover shipping. I would really rather not go to the "thieves" selling this book for $45.00 at Amazon. Please PM me if you would be able to help me. Thank you.

14. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

Target on Queens Blvd. (Grand Ave. Newtown on the R/V lines) had: Animated Jetfire/Jetstorm 2 pack, Grimlock, Lugnut, Megs. Universe: Onslaught, Powerglide, Silverbolt, Hound, Cyclonus, Smokescreen, Dinobot, Cheetor.

15. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

Saw Universe Dinobot and Smokescreen at the Target in Newburgh. The Target in Harriman has 2 Animated Ultra Magnus's as well, for those who may still be looking, I know i've only seen this guy a few scant times. Don't even bother with Middletown, zip city. And Optimist Prime, I believe ILoveDinobot is a she ;) 

16. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Hicksville Target had 2 Infernos this morning (I bought 1; 1 left). The price was $21.99 though...did it go up? I remembered this size TFs at the $19.99 mark before

17. T16skyhopp

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hasbro said prices would be going up, so im guessing stores are starting to adjust. wish deluxes weren't 13 at walmart though.

18. Bionic Commando

The Universe Deluxes are $7.86 a piece at the Target in Poughkeepsie,they have plenty of Cyclonus,Hound,Cheetor.They restocked more of Safeguards if people want those.I bought a bunch of Cycloni so if they do increase the price when Universe Ratchet and Hotshot come in I'll just exchange a Cyclonus for each.Thats why I like that universal DPCI code for Target.Just some of my frugal tips in a sinking economy.Anyone spot those $15 25th Anniversary Primes on clearance in Target that would be the only way I would pick one up.Also if anyone wants to play Lazer Tag I bought one of those $90 Lazer Tag sets for $12 on clearance lol

19. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Any sightings of Universe Unicron?

20. CrossRook

There were like two hundred here in Valley Stream before Christmas.