New York Toy Fair 2018 Hasbro Transformers Panel Coverage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 17, 2018.

1. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had broadly similar questions when the news about TR wave 6 hit. We even had product codes for Toraizer and and an Optimus Primal Titan Master then, so if definitely felt like some decisions got made pretty quickly. And then there's those 'missing' boxsets! Oh, for some backstage gossip.

They're really not doing themselves any favour with it. There's definitely a skill in finding the balance in judging how much it's ok to say. Warden and the Hasbro team could do with bit more refinement.

Yeah, same. A mildly depressing prospect.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Oh dear lord.

3. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is why the Predacons should have been CW scramble style, transformation would have been much cleaner, and we could have gotten leader class Scorps.

4. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i want armada optimus prime and jetfire
    armada megatron , armada red alert, armada demolishor, armada cyclonus to complet the original cast the armada toys were terrible we need new ones also by the way i would say no to a new energon wing saber that cam combine with the old energon prime retro compativity since that thing was also a brick but got a good design also i want a new dragon megatron common hasbro yo can retool him into deathsaurus and onix prime

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Wait, has they're been any pics of wave 3's Legends class figures? I'm guessing that it would just be Cindersaur and Outback right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    No official reveal yet of Prime Master wave 4, if there is one, Legends wave 3, Deluxe wave 4, Voyager wave 3 or leader wave 4, agen if there is one. As for who is in any of those wave we only know of Cindersaur and Outback from the leek, and Nexus, Amalgamous, and Prima are Primes that have cards but no known toys.

7. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, Hasbro is likely betting of people keeping him in Combiner mode (Like with CW Devastator) to warrant the sacrifice in quality for the individual bots.

But for me I loved the individual Predacon's just as much as I enjoy Predaking himself, it's why they're my Favorite combiner set. So between looking more of a blocky mess and beast mode than the G1 figures do and catching this back kibble in bot mode on the 2 that form the legs is even more disappointing.

I get that there are only 5 instead of 6 but if they have to compromise so much quality to do this then I doubt people would complain as much if they just stick with the normal way of making CW's.

So I'm not buying this until it hit's clearance, same as I did with CW Devastator, Fort Max and Metroplex.

8. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh thought we saw everything we were going to get out of Toy Fair and so checked out after seeing all the pics... Now I'm hearing through the grapevine it was confirmed PotP won't even get out all the Primes?! Wow, that's sad. :( 

9. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that Needlenose, Spinister, and Impactor are the only logical choices for the fan-vote.

Given that the other options are autobot cars, it would seem that this vote is for a few deluxe figures, or after another round of voting, maybe narrowing it down to just one.

But I would love a Needlenose AND Spinister to go with Darkwing and Dreadwind. They might be a good group of bots to be limbs for CW Cyclonus.

I'm worried though, that this means Impactor would also just be a deluxe. Maybe a Rook retool? I'd MUCH rather have a leader or voyager Impactor for my wreckers shelf. If he's voyager though, he'd probably have to be a combiner torso and then I'd want wrecker limbs too haha.

Then again, maybe this is for something else? Maybe for a first figure in the new War for Cybertron line? Because we already have CW limb bots of Wheeljack and Mirage... so it seems highly doubtful that we'd be voting on PotP limbs of these characters.

Lots of angles to this... curious to see how it plays out.

I'm looking forward to a line of cybertronian based designs. I think the designers will have a lot more freedom and flexibility for the figures. And as an Ultra Magnus collector, very excited to see what a Cybertronian Ultra Magnus might look like.

And finally, getting a bit sick of Hasbro reusing names of lines..

We now have:
    Robots in Disguise: 2001 vs 2015
    Cyberverse: 2011 legion/legends class line vs 2018 budget line.
    War for Cybertron: 2010 Video game vs 2019 Generations trilogy

I refuse to believe that there are so few options for show/game/toyline names.

10. thedicemaster

thedicemaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    those are all the choices, you can only pick 1 of them.

11. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    hahahahahahahaa oh man.. that....

You know, I have an OS KO of Feral Rex that fills my need for a Titan scale Predaking just fine. It's huge and hard to play with, but it looks damn impressive on the shelf.

I was thinking maybe I might pick up PotP Predaking for $50 if it hits the clearance stores, but after seeing that.... nope... not even... this figure is not welcome in my house.

12. IronMagnus

News Credits:
    Ah.. I assumed the first vote was to pick one choice from each pairing.

13. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Is it plausible to hold the Bayformer's dilema mostly responsible for this?

I mean Hasbro generally plans about 2-3 years in advance right? So they anticipated having Bay 6 figures circulating in 2019 but because Bay5 flopped that's not happening so they were likely sitting in a board meeting looking for ways to compensate for the loss of that Bay line.

The POTP did seemingly take a hard hit from this but this could still be a good thing for the Generations line when they introduce that new WFC wave next year. Hasbro clearly doesn't want Mattel toys filling in pegs that Bayformers would have next year so maybe WFC will have way more of an impact than POTP had.

Time will tell....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Except that doesn’t make sense, if Potp continued itd occupy the same space as wfc, wfc is replacing Potp not tf6, so there’ll still be empty space. If wfc ran alongside Potp then what you are saying would make more sense

15. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmm... Seeing as the transformers brand and G1 started as one, I'm still hopeful that the new trilogy will be commemorating the entirety of the franchise and the movies (since they have their own line).

If not and it'll be another G1-fest, that'll be a bit annoying, especially after the dead silence for BW's 20th anniversary.

I suppose that might be why the fan vote has nothing but G1 characters, they can't make the same mistake again lest those pesky fans vote for a BW character again and we can't have that.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    it'll be a g1 fest, thats all that matters sadly. granted theyve been doing a good job of late doing characters that havent had updates in forever, but even universe 2.0 and generations as it was initially envisioned didnt fully celebrate the history of the brand like it should have. the closest to that we've honestly gotten was universe 2.0 and thrilling 30

17. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    We don't know that. There are three Primes that we don't know how they are coming out and that is enough for one more wave.
    They said in the TFU interview (link in this thread) that we'll be voting for a vs. set Needlenose vs Tracks, Spinister vs Wheeljack or Impactor vs Mirage. So if you want Needlenose you'll get Tracks too. In the interview are basically say they did it to troll us. They want us to debate and discuss this vote.

I'm voting Needlenove vs. Tracks, because my RTS Tracks became a floppy mess and I think he was a bit too blocky and fiddley. Also I could never get his trunk transformed back to car mode.

18. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Why doesn't it make sense? They'll likely add some of the figures that were meant for POTP by alter some of the gimmicks that would've been and put them in the WFC line OR just create some type of exclusive set. Between that Vote Tomorrow, HasCon, May Mayhem and SDCC they could have a field day with additional figures next year.

It's still all "CHUG".

19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    wfc will take up the same space as potp, not bayverse, thats why your statement doesnt make sense, unless for some reason they double the amount of product in wfc compared to prime wars, which isnt looking likely. so then there would still be empty pegs for mattel to fill up thanks to no bayverse

20. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    It's makes perfect sense from a sales perspective....

There will be no Bayformers 6 figures next year so to compensate Hasbro will reuse a TF theme/Tittle that Retail stores have history with to hang on to pegs and shelves that other companies would take due to the loss of the Bay 6 line.

I'm not saying it's fact, I'm saying that it's probable. Either release more Generations figures to weather the loss of the Movie-verse TF line or Hasbro just foresee's an even lower bottom line during those quarters.

Simple as that! Just trying to be Optimistic here.