New York Comic Con 2019 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Display: Siege, Earthrise & Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 3, 2019.

1. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Starscream does have elements of the classic mold transformation..lol. If it ain’t broke...

I think Hasbro should announce cone heads as a priority next year. Just release Skywarp and Thundercraker as Selects figures.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Wow, Cliff and wheeljack seem to borrow a lot from the MP transformation. Thats great to see!! Very much ok in my book!

Cliff borrowing from mp21 bumblebee offcourse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Mistransformed. There was a leaked box art rendering that shows the back wings that was posted not too long ago.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

Is there suppose to be more reveals this weekend????

5. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

He’s a Voyager in a Leader box with accessories.

I’d honestly trade the trailer for the hands molded blue.

Probably the biggest letdown in WFC so far for me.

And I can see people getting ready to type, “If that’s the biggest letdown then things are pretty good.”

Yeah. They are. But those gray hands just saved me $50.

6. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll grab Wheeljack, Cliffjumper, Grapple, the weaponizers (now base-izers?), and battlemasters but I'm out on the rest. I do not care for that hyper cartoon aesthetic at all. If I did I'd collect masterpiece.

Wheeljack I genuinely like. Cliffjumper and Grapple slide in for no other reason than that I currently have no representation of them. Easy pass on Hoist, I much prefer the T30 mold.

7. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Known Member

SmartSelect_20190820-214022_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. setsuna

setsuna Well-Known Member

Wheeljack, cliffjumper and hoost are a must for me! I will probably cave and buy starscream as well but he’s too blocky compared to siege, especially the torso. It reminds me of the classics starscream.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im all in for Wheeljack, Sound barrier, Cliffjumper and Ironworks. Can pass on the rest

10. Alexander Fedorychev

Alexander Fedorychev What am I?

News Credits:
    Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania located on Cybertron
    YouTube:
    What\'s mastermind creations Hellion/Cliffjumper doing here? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

ER Starscream is essentially Classics Starscream: electric boogaloo, but I didn't get any of the Siege seekers. That said, I might wait for a video and see which version has the more clever moves.

Optimus is an instant buy and most of these guys are making the wishlist. I might even check out the Deluxe Cyberverse stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  12. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Anyone at NYCC know where this display is??? Is it at a hotel or something? Want to go take pics, but looks like it could be invite only...

13. Hooper_X

Hooper_X stunticon my haters

HASBRO: \"We heard y\'all like the Classics Seeker mold.\"

• Like Like x 2
  14. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I’m kinda relieved I don’t like earth Starscream because I was not looking forward to buying a set of seekers again. He looks so much like the Classics version, in a bad way. Very blocky and clunky looking. I think the Siege figure looks much more dynamic and interesting.

Cliffjumper is pretty perfect. Like this is the figure I’ve always dreamed for him.

Also, those new Cyberverse figures look like a big step up for the line. I’m seriously considering them and the BAF Macadam is a neat little treat.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Override Prime

Override Prime Well-Known Member

Now that you say it, it kinda does. Not a fan of the BaF concept, (not after the 120 bucks of mediocre to bad Dragon Ball figures I bought to get Kale this year) but if it is then they at least should do Rack n' Ruin as well.

Never heard of Slicer before today, but I wouldn't mind one now that I know of it. Tis a pretty color scheme.

16. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    Yeah, Starscream essentially looks like Hasbro just upscaled the old mold and added new details and peg for effect parts. And Optimus looks great, only things that don't mesh for me is color of the eyes and hands.

17. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

He has wings. He did in the promo pictures at least. Yea, must just be mistransformed on the display.

18. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, guess I will be replacing Generations WJ and Hoist too! The new WJ is almost a simplified Masterpiece. Love the logos! Hoist is great, has the arm cannon, overhead scanner, towing platform. And wow, for once Cliffjumper gets a new mold instead of Bumblebee. Looks great, oddly, transforms a lot like the 2006 Classics Bee. 
    Prime transforms quite differently than I expected. The front wheels are part of the backpack, and some grey parts seem to flip out from the legs.
    I wonder what that blue and white little battlemaster is.
    Surprised Growl and Bombshock are the ones chosen. Love the designs. Do hope we get Tracer too someday.
    And wow, Cyberverse stuff that does not suck! Guess it was worth waiting, now I can get toys of these cool designs that are actually good. And Maccadam! Love it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Impressions:

• I feel like we'll get a Windcharger out of that Cliffjumper rather than a Bee. Or both. Not a fan of this mold for Cliffjumper or Bee personally.
    • I'm 90% certain, unless I'm totally blind (which is possible my eyes are awful) that Wheeljack does actually have his iconic "wings" in bot mode, and that he's just mistransformed. You can see rotation joints under the two spoiler halves in alt mode, as well as molding that looks like his silver "wings" behind his head, just not flipped up properly, in bot mode. From above you can also see the rotation joint, and one of them in bot mode is even already slightly misaligned/rotated. I really do think it's a mistransformation:
    DSC07298.jpg DSC07281.jpg DSC07358.jpg

• I would be put off by Prime's hands not being blue anymore... but his eyes are already yellow (a toy homage no doubt,) so I fully expect a redeco with blue hands and eyes at some point, maybe via Selects. Maybe even another toon shaded deco. My main concern with him is height. He doesn't have to be as tall as PotP Prime per se, but I want him to at least be taller than Siege Astrotrain if he's going to be leader priced... yes I know it's a price range not a size, and yes I know he comes with a trailer. But I need my Prime to be Prime sized relative to his friends and adversaries, personally. I can't quite tell how tall he is, so I'm hoping he's taller than he looks. If not, hey, PotP Prime still looks good enough for my needs. And I may still grab this if they do the aforementioned redeco and just display him separately or make him a computer desk figure. I love everything else about him.
    • Hoist looks absolutely perfect for my needs.
    • Grapple is probably the most G1 accurate CHUG figure ever made. I'm really amazed. Must-have for me.
    • The base and ramp gimmicks are amazing and really triggering my Micromachines nostalgia... ironically since that's what Micromasters were intended to compete with back then lol. Love stuff like this so much.
    • That Smokescreen is a great use of the mold imo.
    • Starscream looks great to me irrespective of the lack of waist rotation. Definitely the seeker mold I want to get seekers out of.

• Like Like x 2
  20. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The UW Roller cameo is cute, though it makes me apprehensive that we’re not getting a proper Roller with this trailer. Thankfully that will be an easy unofficial upgrade.