New York Comic Con 2019 Coverage: Hasbro Transformers Display: Siege, Earthrise & Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. vicious7171

vicious7171 chillin like a villain

Hoist's robot mode is looking a little underwhelming to me, the rest all look cool. Cliffjumper hits all the right buttons. Feels weird to get another Starscream so soon when there are so many other characters who haven't had a new figure in years.

So is Earthrise basically Siege without battle paint detailing? :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Update on the mercenary faction def coming to earthrise!! IMG_20191005_181200.png

• Like Like x 5
  4. Slender102

Slender102 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m trying to go through the videos and dig up what questions were answered and what was causing misinformation to get around Even the sites that were there haven’t compiled a full list. There was something that the Wandering Roller there which was being reported of coming west via Pulse along with Takara UW Nosecone but now it’s being said someone had it on them and put it there.

Sideswipe was seen in pics looked like a teaser but turns out it was just Siege with no plans to make an Earth version one. Unless there’s an online fervour from fans. Having the inevitable Sunstreaker be Earth while SS is weird. And no plans to repaint SS into Thundercracker or Skywarp???? That’s got to be a Warden non-lie cause it can’t be revealed yet.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I mean, Sideswipe doesn't really look that off from what could conceivably be a earth based concept super car of some kind, so personally to me it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

It's not like some of the others, like Ironhide who very much does not look like any kind of real vehicle.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Yeah, that could go either way. A lot of people seem unenthused at a new Star Scream so soon which should also apply to Skywarp and Thundercracker. The cone heads seem like the obvious candidates for earthrise versions, and that would put them at 4 versions of the same mold right there. So maybe they will skip Skywarp and Thundercracker. But then again they are trying to sell us SW and TC siege versions right now, so it’s in their interest not to tell us they will be replaced next year.

That’s the boat I am in. I have a siege star scream and I don’t care about the coneheads. So I’d like to get TC and SW in earth versions. If those aren’t coming, I guess I would need to get siege versions. My StarScream isn’t opened, so could potentially be returned I guess.

7. C16

C16 Space Nomad

The Reprolabels sets for Sideswipe and the Prowl mold Earths up their car modes pretty well. They could really use some spoilers though.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That’s fine if they don’t do TC and SW in that mold. Just makes it more likely to get the coneheads as well as the welcoming committee, Sandstorm and Nacelle.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sideswipe was there to demonstrate the weaponiser aspect of Ironworks without having to risk damaging one of their Earthrise prototypes.

10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am sure we'll get SW and TC eventually. I think the most likely reason Starscream is in this line at all is (a) there are a decent amount of obscure-ish characters coming and the line needed some headliners (b) Hasbro wanted to do the Coneheads but didn't find a feasible way of using the Tetrajet mold and decided to go back to basics with a larger version of the Classics engineering which leads us to (c) fans would have been just as apoplectic if there was a new jet mold and Starscream wasn't available*.

My guess is the rest of the year gives us the Coneheads and Welcoming Committee (+/- Nacelle), then we'll see TC and SW during part 3 or in some very late ER exclusives**.

*It would be a different, if overlapping, subset of fans, but if Ramjet had been shown instead of Starscream, the anger would have been palpable

**If we got nothing else out of Siege, it should be that stores have some evidence that Seeker exclusives will sell out quickly. Might induce more exclusive Seekers, who knows?

• Like Like x 4
  11. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    See now THAT'S what Scarscream should look like in robot mode. (Earth Rise version)

I couldn't bring myself to buy the Siege version of Starscream (or any of the seekers using that mold) because while the tetra jet mode was all kinds of cool, the proportions in Bot mode were way off. Particularly from the waist down. His waist and thighs were too thick and his legs were too far apart.

Everytime I saw him at the store, I would always pic him up and look at him in anticipation of possibly giving him a chance and each time, shaking my head in disgust at it.

That sound you hear that resembles a trampling mad dash is TF collectors rushing to sell their Siege Seekers in anticipation of the Earth Rise version. Lol

12. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    Someone brought wandering roller from his/her collection to do a size compare with op's trailer. Siege sideways was there to show off how ironworks' parts can be used like siege's weaponizers

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  14. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    O RLY :lol 

petard.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Screenshot_20191006-085929__01.jpg

#prayforsoundbarrier

• Like Like x 6
  16. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream looks really good and he's easily the best non-Masterpiece iteration we had, but that torso is looking preeeeetty hollow at the sides... maybe third parties can come up with gap fillers?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

We’re their any size comparison pics of cliffjumper?

18. shellformer

shellformer @

Soundbarrier sucks in just the right way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whos guns are those? DSC07356.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin cool dude attitude

Tbh I think he looks even better than the MP, but that may just be me.

• Like Like x 2