New X-men villian.....

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ArmadaJetfire, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Morrison was actualy the only reson I started readon X-Men consistantly. Before him, I picked up the cataclismic events (Zero Tolerance, Onslaught). Most of his run was great. Why? It was DIFFERENT! Not the same X-Men in space or whatever Clearmont decides to do. The only point I hated was Fantomex and the Weapon Plus program.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Died, came back, moved to a different plane of existence.

3. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I had totally forgot about the whole fantomex arc. Ugh, that was pretty much unreadable drivel. The emma frost being shattered while the beak and that flying thing with the bug wings had babies arc was horrible also. Morrison's low moments on X-men were pretty bad, guess I had overlooked that.

Still beats Claremont and Milligan though.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

My favorite run of X-Men was in the late 80's, early 90's. (Especially the Claremont/Silvestri run, back when Claremont could write) From around issue 200 through 280. Right before the horrible decision to make a 2nd X-Men book and split the teams up into Gold and Blue.

5. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I have to say I preferred the mid-90s X-Men run. I started with X-Force #1 (I'd liked new mutants a few years back with a few scattered issues, and I was going through a big death-dealing phase at the time XF1 came out). With X-Cutioners Song, I started with the other X-titles (uncanny, x-men, x-factor). I followed most of them until Onslaught, then cut X-factor completely (I hadn't read it avidly for a year by then), then with OZT, I gave up reading x-comics completely. I bought the occasional one after that, but I found I didn't care anymore.

They'd have awesome character stuff, but people who were dead would be brought back all the time (okay, this is comics as a whole, but X-Men took it to a whole new level) and no earth-shattering crossovers had any effect on how things continued. New characters would be introduced in a move to shake things up, and fans would bitch and whine and they'd get dropped six issues later. It got old quick.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

come on guys..this is Marvel....when does a bigtimer die and stay dead...cyclops, jean, apocalypse, magneto, collossus, bucky, psylocke...and it goes on and on

still think apocalypse/cyclops was the worst idea....and scott & emma was the best

7. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Whoa, since when did they bring Bucky back to life? I thought that was a false alarm.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

bucky aka Winter Soldier in Captain America...unless i missed something recently

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Winter Soldier? What the hell kind of name is that?! Sure it's better than Bucky, the same way getting punched in the face is better than being kicked in the nuts.

On a related note. Whatever happened to Caps other badly named sidekick from the 80s, Battlestar? My brother has the issue where he changes his name from Bucky to Battlestar, then he and Cap fight Left Winger and Right Winger(Anybody remember those two losers?). I remember that issue pretty well. Mainly due to the fact that the guy wanted to call himself Bucky, and had to change it because (for reasons I can't comprehend) calling a black dude Bucky was offensive. I still bust out laughing when I read that issue. It's just so stupid.

10. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Battlestar joined Silver Sable's team. I don't know what's happened to the character since.

11. gil

gil Godmaster

So going by this, it's just a matter of time before Apocaypse comes back again to terrorize the X-Men.

Hmmm, how can they retcon the Apocalypse story? Yeah, that wasn't Apocalypse (Just like most of the last Magneto stories wasn't Magneto). Also, Apocalypse is a friggin Shapeshifter, not a Body Snatcher. They need to Retcon that shit too. Maybe some unknown mutant statched Apocalypse's body but Apocalypse was to powerful and some of his conciance went to the body snatcher mutant. Then he did that whole eleven (?) story and decided to snatch X-Man's body but ended up in Cyclops body. But the real Apocalypse was still in the "Armor" (shapeshifted?) and Cable ended up killing the Body Snatcher who thought he was actually Apocalypse. All the while the real Apocalypse went back to a chamber to regenerate again.

Back on Topic:

About this new mutant, I honestly do not think this dude will have ANY staying power. Most of the "new threats" are around only during that story arc and disapear soon after, or are reduced to B characters (Exodus). IMO, the X-Men need a real villian team to fight. A team that's actaully a team and not guys put together and calling themselves a team.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Exodus was actually an AMAZING villian, who had more power than most realize. He had a battle with X-Man (Nate Grey, from AOA) that lasted like, 3 or 4 issues, and tore up the north pretty bad before he sealed Exodus in something, somewhere.

I think.

It was awhile ago.

I'm sure Exodus was bastardized since then.

13. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Yeah, I think he was sucked into Xorn's head in the regular X-men book. :stick: 
    And I think they let Havok (I hate Havok) hand him is ass too. :cry 

14. Frequency

Since Exodus came up... what the hell are his powers? I've read a lot of comics with him in it and I have no idea what his powers are defined as.

15. Switchblade

News Credits:
    He's kinda like M, he has a whole lot of powers and it's kinda hard to peg them all down. I know he can fly, shoot energy blasts, highly resistent to damage, and breathe in outer space. I think he might be super strong, too.

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    He could also teleport in AOA, but I got no idea if his powers were different there.

17. Frequency

As far as I know everyone's powers in AoA were the same as in real life and no different, nobody had "AoA-exclusive" powers.

18. Nova

Nova I'm the Shiznit

his powers apparentally are

drain psychic energy and lifeforce to augmented himself in various ways such as superhuman strength, speed, endurance, and resistance to injury, telepathy, psychokinesis, generate force fields, teleportation pulse, pyroplasmic blasts, psionic force beams, flight

found here:

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=444

19. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Man, when they were handing out super powers, someone must've gone back for seconds...

A lot.