New writers announced - movie in Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by fallen_revenge, May 27, 2015.

1. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime Seein' Spots!

:confused: 

I can't tell if you're talking about this specific potential movie, or Transformers in general...

It's truly unfortunate about GI Joe... but honestly, as someone just said a few posts back, Transformers existed for the longest time without any movies. from G1 up until G2, and then from Beast Wars onwards, we were fine without live-action movies. I'd rather them throw their plans for more movies down the toilet and focus their budget on TV shows, games, and toys.

Thank you, sir.

Interesting as that'd be, I wouldn't like Transformers being that childish. Not that the Incredibles was "childish", mind you... I refer, rather, to the general tone of such movies.

2. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I'm just wondering it's going to be like a movie based off of the prequel comics that were for the TF2007 or if they're going with something different. The continuity in these movies already stink, no need to make it worse. But I like the idea of a movie being set of Cybertron, just as long as we get some decent movie toys unlike the piece of crap one we got for AOE.

3. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

that is very true.

lol at this point the existence of transformers feels like its so engraved into our society that its like a universal law. Hasbro would never just end it, its unthinkable!

Who would we be without you Megatron? you know what, keep your head you genocidal crazy space dictator, I would rather never find out.

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    If you look at Iron Giant (same director as Incredibles) as a weird take on Transformers, then you're half way there.

5. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am behind this, but I don't want it to be animated. I want it to be cgi from ILM.

6. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

This. The humans of the first three films weren't shoehorned in, they're there because the films (like most TF media in the beggining) takes place on Earth because TF has always started as alien robots turning into Earthern vehicles to blend in. Remember that the Autobots were made to be more humanlike to make them less threatening and the Decepticons were generally more threatening.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    This would make my heart very happy, just hoping it's a prequel that really tells the story of Cybertron & Transformers as we come to love it..... some new storylines aren't bad, but we have a basic 'Beginnings' that's a pretty good story, just embellish it, pump it up!! :D 

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Pixar made TF movie myself but I don't see why the TF movies aren't allowed to be PG-13. I mean the MCU movies are PG-13 which have some non kid friendly moments yet no one got upset about that. Saying the TF movies should remain kid friendly would be like saying super heroes should always remain kid friendly.

Also the bay movies have made the franchise gain more exposure and got new fans on board which I doubt would happen had not the movies have been made.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

We'll have to see how this will play out.
    If it's Bay-style motion blur scrap metal monsters then it would be just as shallow as the other movies.
    If it has an actual story, where the robots are the characters then it could show promise.

I'm calling it now, if this is going to be a Bay-style movie taking place on Cybertron, SOMEHOW the robots are still going to just background animation...

Oh no! I just realized! If this is going to be a prequel, then the 2007 Megatron will have have be represented. And he was the worst...

10. DrOblivian

I did only use Pixar and the Incredibles as examples, but to be fair, how far off is the tone of the Incredibles from the actual tone we expect from a Transformers cartoon? lots of shooting and explosions and action but very little on screen death, but A LOT of heavily implied death, torture and attempted murder ect...

Transformers would also be able to get away with a lot more than the incredible because all the main characters are robots. Censors are much more lenient with robot violence. look at the bay movies. Optimus ripped bots to pieces, had they been human they would have gotten an immediate R

11. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope we get something that can top the '86 movie.. Sure some of the love action scenes were cool, but the '86 movie is still tops for me.

12. Sigmus Prime

You're right. But even Guardians of the Galaxy, which I would argue to be the least kid-friendly of the MCU movies, does not feature the F-word, hardly a single sex joke/any such discussion, or the killing off of multiple famous characters through various brutal means.

Also, take notice that Rocket doesn't hump Gamora's leg on a whim.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    The brick joke with the reason Edna hates making caped super costumes is actually pretty gruesome...and she names half a dozen of them the first time it's brought up no less.

I also caught a bit of the director's cut version of Incredibles, which had a little extra scene between Mirage and Syndrome following Mr. Incredible threatening to kill Mirage but ultimately not going through with it. Syndrome's apathy to the whole situation when Mirage wants him to explain himself after they leave the room is disturbing to put it mildly. Then again, this is the same guy who didn't seem to give two shits about blowing up a plane with innocent children on it. Needless to say, Syndrome is actually pretty fucked up all things considered, and for a Disney film that kind of subtle psychosis is rare.

Bumblebee doesn't have much in the way of common decency either - he rips out Ravage's spine and then tears off Rampage/Skipsjack's arms.

Since when did Transformers become less about robots fighting and more about robots trying to mimic Mortal Kombat?

14. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Completely CGI! Please! Like on the Nemesis in ROTF or the flashback sequence in the beginning of DOTM and Optimus' story! Pretty please?

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea of it being on Cybertron a lot cool Cyertronian modes and such, but hopefully there are colors to things in those clips of Cybertron in the various movies it just looked like hunks of metal moving around a metal background with not a lot of distinguishing features.

Especially those scenes in DOTM inside the actual ships with all the machinery going on.

I like how one poster on there says I thought this franchise was completely dead, yeah after making one of the highest grossing movies then it just up and went away.

People are just being ridiculous at this point complaining about how these are the worst movies ever in sharp contrast to their profits.

They need to just say I don't like them and it's not ok for you too either, but a movie is made to earn profit not to be "good" to a small group of people.

So in turn if it makes a lot of money you may not like it, but it makes it a good movie because it set out to do what it was made to do.

None of the Marvel movies are for kids neither are these people just take their kids to whatever now without paying attention to any ratings, it used to be a big deal when I was younger.

16. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully with Bay gone and Hasbro being more involved we'll see the movie aesthetic gradually be retconned out, and maybe the Decepticons will be more than snarling monsters.

Can you imagine a Cybertron-set movie where everyone is a minor variation of this:
    [​IMG]

Barf.

17. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

No sex jokes? "If you had a black light this place would look like a Jackson Pollack painting", "you got issues Quill"... sex joke

18. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I shudder to think how a prequel would try to make sense of the mess that follows it.

19. DrOblivian

Thats not really what i mean by kid friendly. The MCU is actually a perfect example. Those ARE kid friendly or at least A LOT more so than Transformers. kids wont notice the more adult themes unless they are old enough because the writers and directors know how to use them properly and are not dumb enough to have Rocket Raccoon humping some poor girl's leg for an in your face laugh that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The transformers movies on the other hand literally throw dick jokes in your face that no one can possibly miss and you are expected to say its a kid friendly movie. I don't recall ever hearing the word fuck in a marvel movie. yet there it was clear as day in age of extinction. unacceptable.

i honestly find it batshit crazy that the transformers movies have a the same rating as ANY of the movies in the MCU and get away with it.

20. Sigmus Prime

A movie profiting =/= a good movie. People could pay millions to see it, only to be disappointed afterwards, mind you. And heck, thousands of people deciding to go see something even after realizing its faults doesn't make it good, either.

Neither does a movie setting out to do what it was made to do make it "good". The only people who benefit from that are the makers.