New Wreckers comic miniseries from IDW Publishing

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SHIELD Agent 47, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can deal with a completely new roster, but why do they all look so happy even though there is an extremely high risk of their deaths?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

BINGO. People want what's familiar in a slightly different package.

Have any of ya'll bothered to read the BW series? It's actually good, although its basically Beast Wars Season 1- 2021 Remix. I don't care though. It's enjoyable, the characters are recognizable and you can't complain about poor voice acting because your brain supplies the audio.

• Like Like x 5
  3. TaintedPiffy

TaintedPiffy Well-Known Member

So...who all are we looking at here? Aileron, Hot Shot, Ricochet...Minerva...who are the other two that I'm clearly blanking on?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Did it not work because it was new, or did it not work because it was bad?

That's one hell of a conclusion to jump to. I literally just said "I wish IDW2 would have something of its own," my opinion has nothing to do with success among fans. (as nebulous a concept as that is)

You're the one who keeps acting like I'm "bored" or "tired," all I said was I wanted a new idea.

I mean, we can't know that until the book comes out. You're reading awfully deep into what was a fairly innocent expression on my part.

You can appeal to nostalgia and familiarity without retreading old ground. IDW's Wreckers stood on its own despite being about an established concept, but back then nobody had really expanded on the Wreckers concept beyond 3H, and it wasn't exactly utilized to its fullest there.

It's really not. It's moving at a snails pace, feels too much like a blunt retread of the cartoon, and its severely over-worded and lacking in its own identity.

• Like Like x 5
  5. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    What? IDW1 Wreckers were literally a retread of the Marvel Wreckers with a few new members. This version has an entirely different roster and tone.

• Like Like x 11
  6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At first I thought it was Crasher and mildly interested, but it is Aileron.

stahp.gif

• Like Like x 8
  7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because their cover is being an universally famous daredevil stunt team on vid feed to aliens everywhere. They are the cool, smiling crazy stunt guys.

-ZacWilliam, their being a special forces team is a secret.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    And here's your new idea right here. An all new team who happens to reuse an existing team's name but from these covers, has no relation to them.

I don't know what you're complaining about. Do you similarly get pissed off for no reason when Hasbro or IDW dares to bring back other teams like the Dinobots?

• Like Like x 4
  9. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Internet Soldier

News Credits:
    No it's different though shut up.

10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    I'm equal parts curious and doubtful this will be any good since the majority of new IDW stuff (that aren't crossovers) tend to be pretty forgettable, bland and uninspired.

This is another thing that's kind of throwing me off, but I'm just assuming they'll make them more generic this time around with less stakes.

Also lol at people struggling to grasp what @SPLIT LIP is saying and as usual stuck in their usual black and white mindset and not picking up on nuance. If it's not just 100% positive that must mean he's against it and not gonna give it a chance, right guys? It's not like the majority of IDW's offerings these days aren't very good so it'd be a reasonable assumption to make that this one will just be another dud.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    This is the first Wreckers comic series without Impactor, The Autobot Triple Changers, Deluxe Autobots, & the Jumpstarters in it, that is very unreal since the last group of amazing and awesome Wreckers comic of last IDW universe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I'm not pissed off, where are you getting that from? I'm sorry if you thought I was but I don't think I've come off that way.

I legitimately didn't think such an innocuous, silly comment (where I call myself a fatass to boot) would cause so much ire. But now I'm in that place where trying to explain myself makes me seem more invested than I ever really was.

Like damn, I didn't even say it looked bad or nothin'. :oops: 

• Like Like x 13
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    The exact same thing happened to me in regards to the Mirage / Jazz thing. :lolol 

God forbid you say something that isn't just 100% positive praise or hype, otherwise you're a grumpy old fart who is never satisfied with anything.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree. I got what I expected and I'm enjoying it. I guess if folks were looking for something drastically different they'd be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Long since over the Wreckers but this is at least a mildly interesting lineup.

Whoever decided that Scoop was once a Wrecker kicked off an endless stream of TFW users going "check out my Wreckers lineup" and it's a picture of 50 toys holding something larger than a pistol, thankfully this doesn't go in that direction.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While it would be great to get these guys as toys, I’m betting they’re using them as cannon fodder. Which sucks, because the obscure characters are the ones that need love. It’s easy for a writer to wipe out a previous mostly blank group. Let’s try that with a group of 84-86 characters instead and let a group like this replace the “default” Autobots. :lol 

17. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Circuit and Thunderclash.

I’m down for any Wreckers story. Bring it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Always intrigued to see Stepper (that will always be his real name, to me) get some official fiction... May not be quite enough to get me back into IDW (which I dropped when they rebooted), but I'm intrigued.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

This is a nightmare. My favorite series drawn by my least favorite TF artist.
    Cause that's how Lawrence draws...

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As a Wreckers fan, bring it on, interesting to see a covert operations unit with believable cover. Previous Wreckers were ultimately who you called in if there was no other option so interested to see where this team will lead

• Like Like x 1