New video - Rethink the Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zemah, Apr 6, 2017.

1. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Old):
    Well according to the timeline, the Quintessons lied about that part and erased all previous records of Cybertron's history to make the Cybertronians take their word for granted.

Though knowing this, I ended up realizing something crucial. This means Lockdown had no idea all that time that he was being played for a fool by the Quintessons. Well it was either that or he did know and purposely lied to kind of mess with Optimus' head.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lord Person

Lord Person All The Critics Love U In New York

News Credits:
    I feel like that is going to be the case with the medieval knight armor in TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think this is Blackout. The shoulders are bulky like his helicopter modern mode, he has the arm gun on the right arm just like his moddern helicopter mode and look at his left arm. Looks like the planes engine with a propeller like he used as a weapon in his helicopter mode.

But one thing is for sure. If this is Blackout, they took time to make him a different look to show he's changed over time with his new alt modes. And if this is him and they put that effort into a. Ew design for him, it will be used in a movie in some way.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lord Ultron

Lord Ultron Well-Known Member

The timeline setted up by App isn't canonical.

5. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Old):
    It's an official product released by Hasbro and Hasbro has been said to have cooperated with Bay to create said timeline. Bay said that Hasbro sent an expert familiar with Transformers history to help him craft the lore that will act as the foundation of the TCU, I do believe though they got some details screwed up because Hasbro has been known to do that sometimes. Only time will tell.

6. Lord Ultron

That App is only marketing material.
    And, the story is very different:

"We put together a writers' room designed to greatly expand our mythology, integrating our films in a whole new way. Every movie will interlink. ... Through the summer of 2015, they worked in a huge space on the Paramount lot, surrounded by over 10,000 concept images from the franchise's history: the movies, cartoons, and comic books. They had a life-size Bumblebee, a Megatron head, and many other props staring them down. We pulled from everything. It was a fan's dream room. We brought in Transformers historians from Hasbro to educate them on where Transformers has been -- so that they could figure out where it can go. I can safely say that there's never been a Transformers film with the huge visual scope and expansive mythology as this movie, The Last Knight."- Michael Bay

It's impossible for that timeline to be canonical, if it contradicts the previous movies and the work of the writers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Old):
    Why would Hasbro publish a timeline they aren't even going to use? It doesn't make sense, promotional material or not. That is why I decided only take the words with a grain of salt essentially. I know it's canon, but not quite in the way the app puts it. Details most obviously got muddled and hopefully the movie explains it better. Aside from the contradictions, the timeline does seem to line up nicely with what The Last Knight is setting up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lord Ultron

This would mean that Hasbro spoiled a big part of the movie, because the App's timeline talks about the origins of the Cybertron, the history of the Knights of Cybertron and the Primes, Optimus and Megatron past and the history of the Transformers on our planet.
    So, I don't need to watch the movie.....

But, wait a minute, it contradicts the movies, because the history of the Primes (seven Primes, not thirteen) is totaly different in Revenge of the Fallen, the AllSpark arrived on Earth in a different period, Sentinel Prime didn't die on Cybertron, the whole Ark vs Nemesis battle doesn't work, because Megatron left Cybertron following the AllSpark and the Matrix of Leadership was on Earth.

I'm sorry, but clearly the marketing staff bulit its own timeline. From what I know, this timeline is a mix of Aligned and IDW, with only a few elements from the movies.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Old):
    But you would still need the movie because despite the timeline revealing the backstory, it doesn't answer the basic questions that the movie rises such as the Omega Lock, Megatron's role in this, the Dinobots, etc. It doesn't matter if it has elements from Alligned and G1, if you recall that's kind of been a thing for a while in these movies. For example Dark of the Moon's plot did seem to draw inspiration from "Megatron's Master Plan" and "The Ultimate Doom." Another thing that is that at times it was super vague with some of the timeline areas. An example would be when it mentions the Transformers fighting in our wars, it doesn't go into any further detail and moves on. That's because it's up to the movie to fill in those details.

So in a way, the timeline is like the layout (with muddled information) that in order to get an idea of the full picture, you have to go see the movie.

10. GabrielPrime

GabrielPrime One of the Thirteen

News Credits:
    Just throwing a wild idea…

What if, Earth is Primus?

What if the origin of both Humans and Transformers is here?

While some Transformers never left and stayed here all the time, sometimes interfering with world history and events. Those who left, keep coming back.

That is why all those Cybertronian artifacts make their way across space to this planet? To their origin of creation?

That is why a devastated and dying Cybertron is making its way back to unite with its creator?

• Like Like x 4
  11. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Old):
    Primus is Cybertron according to the timeline from the official app. Though it did mention that after Unicron was defeated by the original Primes that rock debris started gathering around his unconscious form.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So, wait... Starscream, clearly still an F-22 Raptor with German insignia, is in the past? As an F-22 Raptor? Don't get me wrong, I love me some Starscream, but couldn't they have changed some robot mode details to match the time? Also, why is Ironhide there? He was clearly shown to land on Earth for the first time with Optimus and co. WHY IS HE A GMC TOPKICK IN THE GOLDEN AGE OF PIRACY???

Color me confused.

13. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

I feel continuity is built on a stronger foundation than what you are suggesting, such as the ongoing character arcs and how the events of each story affects them. I feel continuity revolves around the consequences of each movie and it how it affects the world. Plot continuity is all around pretty good, the blackout is why the transformers aren't public knowledge, as the mid credits scene of the first shows Sam's parents didn't believe it without visual proof this likely applies to most people which the blackout made impossible. The Allspark's destruction drives the entire story of Revenge.

Dark as I have said before still has the continuing character arcs of Sam, Bumblebee, Simmons, Megatron, Wheelie, and optimus. Dark has the Transformers be the public knowledge acknowledging the world broadcast. Galloway's belief that the Earth would be more safe if the Autobots were gone is continued with the public and media suggesting the same thing. This is presumably confirmed when Sentinel says they will leave in peace after they've transported what they need so long as they exile the Autobots, confirming what the government's believed, the Autobot exile pays off a plot point from Revenge of the fallen. The only continuity issue is the twins not returning and Megatron's plan with Sentinel. Beyond that Dark continues the story where Revenge left off.

Age's continuity is on a whole solid. It effectively continues the story where Dark of the moon left off. The Chicago massacre is the catalyst to the entire story. Autobots are in hiding, the public fears transformers and a CIA group are hunting down and murdering the Autobots. The military alliance was disbanded. This is all a result of Chicago. That is strong continuity using the events of the previous movie and crafting the sequel entirely around the consequences of them. Chicago is a game changer it really truly matters to the narrative. The world we meet in Age is not the world we knew in Dark. An event having this kind of impact is very rare in action franchises.

Megatron's arc is a direct result of Dark of the moon. KSI building transformers are a result of a Dark since the whole idea is the public doesn't want to rely on others to protect them. Optimus's character arc continues his descent from Dark of the moon, which had him abandon his morals, now he's questioning his faith in the humans he fought for who murdered his friends. Optimus's arc is literally crafted around his ending speech in Dark of the moon. That is good continuity. The disappearing characters didn't disappear they're dead we are flat out told this. Leo and the twins were removed because fans asked for it and their removal doesn't effect the narrative.

It's already been confirmed all the stuff in Age will be explained, just be patient. Dark ends abruptly without addressing what happens after Chicago, Age takes care of that. Revenge ends without going into the transformers being revealed, Dark addresses this. Megatron is never the decepticon leader anymore Dark makes this a plot point. The continuing narrative works fine each movie builds on the other and addresses the events of each one. Each film affects the characters emotionally and those effects drive their arc in the following film, provided they're in it. The narrative works, the character arcs work, the events have relevance and impact. That's what defines a good continuing narrative not always referencing where each character is.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  14. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So were the comics and a lot of other media, but they are not canon either. And besides, the app also includes the Titans Return line, so it's likely a timeline mixing movies and IDW. It's not canon until it's confirmed in the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lord Ultron

You have right.
    The basis are good, the concepts work, but the main, and common, problem in the three sequels is how things are developted.
    With some changes and a better use of the characters, things could've been better.

16. BumblebeeFan71

YouTube (Old):
    I would explain why that scenario is unlikely but I'm tired of repeating myself. I'll just wait till the movie comes out and if I'm wrong then I'm wrong.

17. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I get what your saying and It makes sense...the issue is the films haven't made that clear, or haven't actually said that in them and confirmed it. Which isn't totally terrible it just means you're left going 'well I guess it was this..' Hopefully all will be put together and explained in this film...no high hopes but that seems like its what they are going for.

I guess what I meant when I said RotF messes it all up, I mean when tied in with DotM, both films have Megatron having plans with two different people on Earth so they kind of go against eachother when you try to write out a timeline. Was Sentinel aware of the Fallen's involvement?
    Another confusion I have....Soundwave made contacts with the human's before Megatron was unfrozen...how exactly did they come up with that plan with....what's his names father....(Forgive me I've forgotten the name of Patrick Dempsey's character XD ) when Sentinel was asleep and Megatron an ice pop? Unless Soundwave came up with that plan on his own, which would make sense too I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lion

Lion Idiots nowadays are way too sensitive- Kup

Ebay:
    Would love to see a Hearts of Steel(esque) homage. Biplane Starscream please.

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

IMG_0888.JPG
    Think this is bees alt mode guys

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    This makes me laugh :D