New video - Rethink the Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zemah, Apr 6, 2017.

1. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Yes,it was awesome it was the first time he meets Cade,the line about the car is actually when Hot Rod comes in.All that conversation was absolutely brillliant.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This

3. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Once again we've got an unreliable narrator. The story in ROTF was recounted by jetfire, who, as Simmons points out, literally doesn't know what planet he's on!

4. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair Jetfire might have not interacted with very many humans in his search for the Tomb of the Primes so he would not know the name of this planet thought of by humans. So he just called it the Dirt Planet.

5. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I love the Michael Bay Live Action Transformer films. I also love Assassin's Creed. But it is a bit frustrating to see the Transformers/Assassins be part of some Deus Ex Machina. Things like Connor single-handly got Paul Revere to warn about the colonists about the British or the Transformers being at every turning point in history is just a bit over the top.

Fortunately, I can let most of it go and just enjoy the films/games still.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kasual706

Kasual706 "Where There's a WILL, There's a way!"

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    so is that Bruticus with the nazis, and at the end of the video, superion?

7. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

No you can't just ignore something because you don't like it nor can you say something doesn't make sense because you don't like it. The Fallen's plan makes perfect sense the TFS need energon which isn't infinite, so they build a machine to harvester energon by destroying stars and collecting the energy from it. The Fallen sought to use the harvester to harvest the energy of our sun for himself. What about this doesn't make sense?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Which maes perfect sense if the transformers left cybertron at the peak of an energon shortage and ran across the fallen :p 

9. Lord Tron

The Fallen story already works as it is you don't need to change it to make sense of anything. It was likely The Allspark ended the energy crisis since Jetfire doesn't mention it during his story meaning they likely didn't discover it yet. I know the comic has a different explanation but going by just the movies you couldn't come to that explanation. Going by just the movies it would be much easier to say the dynasty harvested energon to keep their race going until they discovered the Allspark which ended the quest for energy.

This history can work with some tweaks I suppose the biggest one being changing the timeline to be thousands of years and not millions. Part of the thirteen story could work I suppose though it would be more difficult.

10. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

One of my issues with the films is the amount of ‘coincidences’ of everything being on Earth.

From all 4 movies I can come up with this timeline (Correct any mistakes if you notice any please this is all guesses) I am only using the info given in the films.

-The Transformers have been around longer than our planet it sounds like yet at the begging of AoE we see Earth being used to get metal to make the transformers, so doesn’t this mess that statement up?

-Allspark?

-Creators? Use Earth to harvest metal, believable since they probably went to other planets. (This isn’t so bad because there is really no secret relic or anything like that; it’s just stating Earth was one of the many planets used.

-Primes use planet for sun harvester but decide not to use it and seal matrix of leadership there. (Again not so bad because it was stated they went to other planets)

-Allspark lands on Earth (Rather conveniently) Megatron follows. Now what messes this up and makes it all confusing is The Fallen’s harvester just happens to be there. Megatron talks as if they had always planned on using it yet has plans with Sentinel to meet on Earth for a different reason. Harvester will kill the planet but Megatron and Sentinel needed the people alive so….eh?

The ONLY way I can make sence of this confusion is Megatron followed the Allspark saw where it landed, called his boy Sentinel up say “ Yo Allspark is on this planet, I’m going after it meet me here and we can use the inhabitants!”

This still doesn’t fix anything because of the Fallen’s plan, and Megatron’s whole quest was to get the Allspark to return life to the planet, meaning he would have no use for Sentinal’s Pillars.
    Honestly if we take RotF out of the mix and say it never happened, it would be less confusing.

And just like that I’ve given myself a headache….XD

Now does anyone else have a better explained connection because is so please share. XD I’m not diving into the comics here since not everyone reads them so, the films should explain everything in them without, ‘go read the comic if you wanna understand’

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShockRod

ShockRod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's Jetfire as a Lockheed P-38 Lightning. maybe the cockpit splits in half and thats what you see on his shoulders?

12. Lord Tron

Yes actually a very unexpected answer, Revenge of the fallen. Sam became the vessel for the Allspark which then caused him to see those symbols leading to the Matrix. Why would the Allspark be directing Sam towards the matrix, because it wanted to find it. Now the Allspark crashed on Earth coincidence, maybe not what's on Earth the matrix the very same thing the Allspark pushed Sam towards. It crashed on Earth deliberately it was seeking out The Matrix, it wasn't a coincidence at all. Megatron chose Earth because that's where the matrix was, it wasn't convenient that he met Sentinel on the same planet the harvester was on.

Enslaving humans wasn't part of the plan not at first there wouldn't be enough in that time period. They don't need them anyway the harvester will provide them the energy to revitalize their home, the space bridge just makes it easier to transfer the energy. After Sentinel is shot down Megatron has another reason to need the matrix to revive Sentinel so they can use the space bridge. By Dark things were different the Allspark was gone, the harvester was gone they had no energy source to revive Cybertron, they had to rebuild from scratch. The answer is Megatron's plan changed events forced him to constantly change his plans.

It's not a coincidence none of it is, the moment The Fallen arrived and the matrix was hidden it set off a chain reaction that led everything else there. Megatron chose Earth for him and Sentinel to meet on because the matrix and the harvester were there. The Allspark landed on Earth because it was seeking out the matrix, much like it compelled Sam to. ROTF isn't the problem in the continuity it's the answer, the reason Earth is so important and why everything is there.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

If that thumbnail is to be believed IDW Whirl\'s in this one. 10/10

14. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well based on info the official timeline gave, seems they're hinting at Earth being Unicron himself.

So I was thinking about the whole Ironhide being on Earth before and I think it can work. Ironhide never mentioned anything about his arrival with Optimus being the first one so I guess that avoids the contradiction there. To solve the plot hole dilemma of him arriving with Optimus, all they need to do is come up with a story reason that forces Ironhide and probably a few other Autobots to leave Earth for the time being.

Perhaps maybe they can recieve a distress call, maybe from Optimus himself that requires their assistance. So some of the Autobots quickly leave Earth to help Optimus, while others stay on Earth to continue the search for the Allspark.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Props to @Prime135 for writing down the entire timeline from the app.

I'm late to the party here. Oops.

Anyway, read the whole thing. I wonder if this is the whole universe Writers' Room created. I can clearly, very clearly see some of the elements from TLK. Allow me to explain:

Spoilers!

It says that the Titan who arrived on Earth to make it a colony of Cybertron lost contact with the home planet due to the deactivation of Space Bridges in order to stop the Rust Plague. It's still here. What if this is the Cybertronian structure we see on the trailers? It's the dormant Titan.

Optimus Prime is held responsible for the destruction of Cybertron since he jettisoned the Allspark into space.

Quintessons held Knights of Cybertron as slaves. Explains them sending Lockdown to fetch the Knight to do their bidding once again.

Speaking of which, Quintessons were humiliatingly defeated. Pretty sure they'll be back for revenge and to take back Cybertron. Quintessa seems like a lady with an agenda.

And of course the powerful artifact belonging to the Quintessons is hidden somewhere on Earth guarded by the Knights. All throughout the production of the movie, we've been hearing about an artifact. Quints need it back to reclaim their former glory.

The true 13th Prime is still unknown. Di Bonaventura said "A new Prime will rise". Will it be just another leader of Cybertron (Prime moniker) or the true 13th Prime.

We know that the human Knights worked with Autobots. Confirmed on the fan footage as well.

Moving away from TLK...

I have a feeling that the whole Transformers Cinematic Universe is Cybertronians shaping the history of mankind as mentioned on the timeline.

We still don't know where Unicron of the Movieverse is. What happened to the "rock" he got encased in?

What happened to the Primes who went their separate ways? What happened to other colonies of Cybertron?

However, I'm bit pissed that they messed up existing plot points like Sentinel Prime. Who was that on Dark Of The Moon then?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think some of the timeline is non canon, well I hope it is

17. Lord Ultron

Lord Ultron Well-Known Member

I think that Transformers DOTM is the true problem in continuity. The concept of Sentinel Prime working with the Decepticons is ok (even if I believe that Sentinel should have been doubtful and regretful regarding his actions, because this would have made him more three-dimensional, his behavior in the movie, the way how he excuses himself, works more for Shockwave, or Megatron), but the explanation contradicts the previous movies.
    I think that if it had been explained that Sentinel was searching for the AllSpark and Megatron, it would work better (the Space Bridge would've been the key to transfer the Cube on Cybertron in a faster way).
    Then, Soundwave, after the events of the previous two movies, would have revealed to Megatron about the Ark and from this, the plan to rebuild Cybertron would have started.

In Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is clear that Megatron wanted to obtain the AllSpark to save Cybertron and have its power for himself (he cares about Cybertron, but on a possessive way).
    Consider the fact that the Sun Harvester was The Fallen's interest, because he wanted his revenge on humanity. He revealed to Megatron about the machine only after his resurrection, not before, because the top priority was the Cube, in fact:

Megatron: My master, I failed you on Earth. The AllSpark is destroyed and without it, our race will perish;

The Fallen: Oh, you have much to learn my disciple,the Cube was mearly a vessel. Its power, its knowledge, can never be destroyed. It can only transform;

Megatron: How this can be possible;

The Fallen: It has been absorbed by the human child. The key for the saving our race now lives within his (Sam's) mind;

Things could have fit together, if they would have been processed better.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  18. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well if it's anything like the Aligned Continuity then Unicron will probably be revealed as the Earth. We have seen those strange metallic structures that don't seem to be connected with the Omega Lock or when Cybertron is merging with the Earth.

19. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I think having read the tie-in comics, messed up a lot of our fore-knowledge about the history. I have faith in TLK to explain a lot, but not all ... I don't think it's a writer's job to explain everything in any story. Usually it's ok t answer two three questions, and create five or six new ones, to keep a reader, or an audience in this case interested.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lord Ultron

Lord Ultron Well-Known Member

Technically, the Writers team built the mythology of the Transformers Cinematic Universe, and they worked with the TF5's writers to create the story and the script for this movie. Michael Bay, with Steven Spieldberg, collaborated with the writers, so Bay is following the script that they built together.

• Like Like x 1