New video - Rethink the Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Zemah, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

the guy at 0:17 looks like rotf ransack or it could be a seeker that wheelie mentioned, just like all the old bots and seekers, one being jetfire in rotf, these guys could be it, and bumblebee having a different body lol. i remember seeing this an hour ago though

2. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    It's quite literally word for word from hasbro's official app specifically for the new movie. Not to mention the presence of a frozen Megatron, the witwicky clan, and the knights of cybertron, all things not present in the aligned continuity. This leads me to believe that in DOTM, the humans should have been the ones saying "you lied to us" think about it, everything we know lore-wise in the films has come from Optimus prime, what if he was an unreliable narrator?

Besides, the whole writer's room thing was meant to tie the movieverse together, it was inevitable that some things would be altered or retconned.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

I don't care about a few details it doesn't fit, I don't care if Hasbro posted it, this isn't the movies timeline, I can barely name a time where a franchise counteracted it's whole history, only Resident Evil the final chapter comes to mind. Maybe this is for newcomers or it's a marketing thing but Bay isn't going to take it into consideration and good thing too, I want a sequel to AOE, DOTM, ROTF and the original.

I want an origin that relates to this incarnation. I want to know how the knights, the dynasty, the Allspark and the creators all tie together in this continuity this timeline not a completely new one they made up. This timeline doesn't even fit the trailers which clearly shows the ark on the moon and has optimus call Quintessa my maker. It counteracts every movie, I don't know what game Hasbro is playing but they should probably re-watch the movies and get an idea of their history and mythology.

Once again I have no issue with you you're just showing us information you found, Hasbro is the one posting a timeline that counteracts literally the entire movie franchise. If this is true if they throw their whole history and mythology out the window I will be pissed, I may even drop the movie franchise. Favorite movie series or not I won't tolerate that, no exceptions.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. Prime135

Prime135 Jill Rhyme the science Prime

News Credits:
    I guess the difference is I'm just not seeing the major disparity between the established onscreen timeline and the one hasbro posted. The posted timeline states that sentinel prime was killed by the decepticons during an attack on Iacon and that before he died he gave the matrix to alpha trion. Fine, all this does is move the battle seen in DOTM from the end of the war to the beginning. Alright now let's address prime having the matrix. Well, there's a massive gap between the two transformer "motherships" as they're called, emerging from the space bridge and showing on earth. Who's to say the fallen didn't show up at some point along the way with a legion of followers and steal the matrix. The remaining six primes could have pursued him, leading to the battle seen in ROTF. How could the ark be on earth and the moon you ask? Simple, in most continuities there's more than one ark. Why weren't the main bots and cons already on earth in '07? The factions probably split up over time to maximize their chances of finding the allspark. The only cybertronians that actually crash landed were probably the "mercenary doom bringers" jetfire mentioned. All the continuity errors can be solved with a little imagination during those gap periods, which is, IMO exactly why hasbro left them in, so fans could point out the issues and they could go back and revise the timeline.

I'm not saying take it as hard fact, I'm just saying be open to the idea that with a little finagling, the two timelines mesh surprisingly well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    Thanks for posting this--I'd never seen it before!

6. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

My first thought upon seeing that old plane transformer was.......Ransack!

7. Omnondippy

Omnondippy The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest accord.

does anyone think that in the PREQUEL BB spin off film we could be seeing star scream because here you have him in WW1 and this would also work conveniently with bb story line. maybe he is a threat to hot rod and bb?? maybe ironside's in the film??? we just don't know!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    There is plenty of cool stuff they could do. I'm excited!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

BB is getting a spin off movie?
    [​IMG]
    Didn't know he was that popular.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Then what the heck were the creators making at the beginning of Age of Extinction. How do the transformers not know of the fallen and the Dynasty considering they predate their death by millions of years. Why on Earth would the Fallen still be among the dynasty when they arrived on Earth after he already killed one of them. I liked the history of the aligned continuity I wish Prime delved into it more but I didn't want to see it again.

I like the exodus optimus and Megatron backstory but I want movie optimus and Megatron to have a different one. The prequel comics gave them a good and unique backstory it worked and Megatron's motive was essentially the same but it was still different and new. I don't want the exodus backstory again, I read that book and I watched Prime. I liked the new take on the thirteen but I already got a story of them that I liked (hardly perfect execution). The movies already have a mythology, I don't see why it needs to change. If they can make it work cool but I don't like the idea of it so far.

11. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    I hope we can see Starscream and barricade in BB's movie. But we probably won't see Ironhide, Hide arrived earth after Bee met Sam.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    If the Transformers have been on Earth all this time throughout all history - does this mean there is hope that they were around in the 80's complete with their 80's forms in the movieverse? I'm going to keep it in my head that happened now.

13. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    There's no denying some similarities, particularly the further up the chest the eye travels. I think, however, that this is likely a case of using available resources to create something for the express purpose of setting firm in the viewer's mind that we are not, and have not been alone.

Or as some of you put it- "Marketing"

(shhhh. I'm in marketing. Don't tell anyone I told you what we do....)

-A.S.

• Like Like x 1
  14. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    For real? I'm currently drawing my own 40s Bumblebee design and just like before they are gonna officially reaveal how he looks like, taking away all the excitment from me?

15. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    I'm a little disappointed, I was hoping Bumblebee would be the only one from the current robots who's been here since the 40s probably, why does every character have to have been on Earh for so long and where were Hound and Drift during 1-3? Surely Bee sent a signal to all Autobots as did Optimus at the end of movie 1, if Hound and Drift were on Earth you'd think they would've contacted him? I'm sorry but it's a little all over the place.

16. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    I think Bumblebee's alt mode could've been this.
    [​IMG]

17. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

I think this is gonna be a pretty good movie. Imo.

18. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    I think the posters does not mean what exactly we will see in the movie, Ironhide could not be there, maybe Drift was Deadlock, thus he will be Bee's enemy. There will be less Autobots than TF1 I suppose, since the budget is lower than the first movie.

19. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
     New trailer April 12!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  20. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Old):
    That part about Unicron... that basically confirms it doesn't it? They're going with the whole "Unicron is the Earth" plotline.