New tv spot with morshower

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hotrod94573, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Eclipse99

Eclipse99 Clarity of thought, before rashness of action

And for the record? I don't imagine megatron being empathetic for his men. Granted, it's a nice idea (perhaps suffering from severe trauma from death experiences, and then regretting following behind incompetent fools who needlessly got him killed) , however I always considered him to be severely callous regarding his comrades, having larger goals in mind. It's not all about violence for me, I prefer proper character development, but if they treat him right in the sense he can proper equal prime instead of getting himself killed, would be the cherry on top if you see what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Eclipse99

ROTF was a complete blunder, the following stories were not made possible because of it due to the fact there was no reference to the film, the best thing it set us up for is "I'll be back" no cliff hanger scene, nothing was explained, they just threw new ideas at us that the writer randomly plucked out their head, said it was planned millions of years in advance (which often contradicts the other plots) and then expected us to sit back and take it in. If anything, as much as it was a shit movie, AOE made the Last Knight possible, and links into it with multiple things (unlike the other ROTF, which you argue is the key to all the films that followed it, which it clearly was not)

3. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I couldn't agree more about the crappy characterization of Megs. They had ample opportunity in the 2007 movie to really develop him, which they did not.
    ROTF he was the Fallen's bitch
    DOTM he was Sentinel's bitch
    AOE he had to play KSI's bitch, in order to get a body

I'm not saying he needs to be a carbon copy of G1 Megs, because he doesn't. I was hoping we'd see his G1 deviousness, with his TPrime intimidation and calculating demeanor. Something that screamed, "I am the cold and ruthless Decepticon Leader, feared by all and subject to none!" :ev: 

4. Eclipse99

My thoughts exactly! Many times I've went into Transformers films thinking we would potentially see something new, this was Megatron's time to truly shine, and as much as he had vague influence on plot points and large moments in the franchise, it was only to further other characters, more merchandise to sell. I suppose this was because bay had no intentions of making new films, kill off the bad guys, end of story, oh wait! never mind, more money to make, because let's be honest, all the fans want is to see megatron be slapped around by this new bad guy, to try to fight and get killed doing something stupid which does not fit his regular demeanor, call me cynical but that's what I think.

5. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF He was more like a Student who was using The Fallen for his Knowledge. As Megatron didn't know everything about The Allspark (And neither did the Screenwriters...)
    DOTM Yeah.
    AOE KSI was his b*tch who did all the dirty work for him and even built him a brand new Army, a new body, and almost brought the seed to him if Joshua hadn't had a change of heart.

6. Temenos

Temenos No sacrifice, no victory

News Credits:
    It will be interesting to hear what Welker's Megatron sounds like and how he'll differ from the previous versions.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Eclipse99

I suppose you could be right in the sense that Megatron was student to the fallen, however we didn't really catch on to his desire for more power, his sadistic and callous nature and reasons for such behavior wasn't explored, and there was no hint of his classic defiance, and due to his defiance, severe discipline to show him who is in charge. That and they gave little proof his Resurrection was required, considering he was little match for prime, and barely seemed to think outside the box. (quite contrary to his complete dominance over prime in the prior film, which yes, I get it had to be that way due to the fact he was the "big bad" the film was leading up to for the final battle)

• Like Like x 1
  8. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kind of hoping that the Movie Prequel that takes place on Cybertron adds more depth to Movie Megatron that is there, but never explored in the Trilogy, and even though the IDW Comics are non-cannon to the Movies some of the story and character elements is kept and adapted on screen such as Megatron being a Protector to Cybertron and Craving More Power to save it by going to The Fallen.
    The Flashbacks in the The Last Knight of Optimus and Megatron I heard about is the aspect I'm most interested in.
    Maybe The Last Knight will finally be the Movie when Megatron utters a line similar to:
    "I will be the one to save Cybertron, and it will be reborn in my vision."
    Something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SunSwipe5

You just know that planets like Velocitron, Caminus and even freaking Gobotron are all sitting there like, "Thank Primus for these planetary cloaking devices. We'll just watch this clusterfrag from afar, enjoying rust stick popcorn and high grade energon."
    No doubt Smokescreen has taken refuge on one of these planets, and is running an interplanetary betting pool on who wins this galactic death match. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 

We also come to find out that a few of the Bots we thought we knew, were actually other Bots who lost bets with Smokescreen. For instance, Swipe isn't actually Swipe, he's actually Tracks who lost a bet with Smokey and the aforementioned red Lambro. :p 

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Eclipse99

That does sound pretty damn cool. You see, quite contrary to what the other guy said, I don't just want megatron to be a heavy hitter, I think Transformers prime got him just right, Formidable, calculating, sadistic, callous, imposing, defiant, and technically - quite greedy (Nobody would conquer earth except him,same with cybertron) and obviously, the fact he could hold his own and not get killed with ease. Perhaps add onto that, with a bit of morale conflict and other such things we've got the perfect recipe for megatron, I would love to see how he finds purpose with Prime "going evil" , and the appearance of Quintessa.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Albimus Prime

Albimus Prime Well-Known Member

Megatron is missing his right arm....

12. Albimus Prime

Albimus Prime Well-Known Member

Megatron is missing his right arm....

13. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    General Morshower is back ya

14. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

Prime Megatron had those qualities guess what movie did too who do you think planned the Chernobyl attack who do you think exploited optimus's guilt regarding Sentinel to make him do exactly what he wanted him to do. Movie Megatron can push the world to the brink of annihilation with minimum to no resources. In Age he had nothing not even intimidation he was a severed head, he didn't even have a body to physically act through, he couldn't even really communicate, and he very nearly eradicates the planet and thanks to his manipulation the Autobots are almost extinct. He had nothing but his own cunning and that was the result his defeat from his perspective was a complete ass pull.

His resurrection was necessary to kill optimus since he got the job done, that's what everyone overlooks who walks away from that fight not optimus. It doesn't matter if optimus beat him into a pulp he kills him and walks away. It doesn't matter if Megatron dominates optimus in the first movie how does it end with him crawling on the ground before being killed. He dies in one and kills his enemy in the other, one is a failure the other a success. That's what matters not how much butt he kicks, or if he serves another, what he does and if it's a success.

Your idea of using Megatron properly is putting him in a box character wise main villain or scheming against other more powerful villain those are the only stories fans have. When one looks at Prime Megatron and Movie Megatron there is a clear difference in what has been done with them and the amount of different stories Movie Megatron had in comparison. Movie Megatron is more unique and more has been done with him, read your idea for ROTF and tell me it isn't the animated movie.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, Morshower is in this?!

Hasn't he died more times than Megatron? :lol 

16. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:

Manipulating KSI into doing what he wants is playing their bitch? What?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Man, I am glad the ignore feature is a thing. Apparently, wanting a layered and competent character in an action film means that you just care about kicking butt and are just ignoring everything.

Megatron at some times impressed me with these movies in his cleverness, then he does something stupid and it looks like his accomplishments were either the work of others propping him up or a fluke. I mean, how else does that failed moon plan work other than the most epic fluke — or series of flukes — of all time? Like, they decide to meet up on Earth and bring Cybertron back with the pillars but Sentinel gets shot down (wonder who did that?) but Megatron so coincidentally ends up with a Sentinel in just the right proximity for an ignorant Optimus to bring him back for the one thing that could bring Sentinel back and they could go back to the plan. Also, luckily for Megatron he happened to be brought back from the dead before then and Optimus in the process of kicking Megatron's master's ass also acquired the one thing capable of bringing back Optimus? Awesome series of coincidences. I bet that's why Megatron was so giddy in DC. :lol 

In case anyone is confused, I definitely think that Megatron can use improvement in these films. I would like better characterization and toughness, but let's face it he is never going to get the former. The latter still works for me in an action film.

And, yeah, the name Megatron is associated with things like blasting Ironhide's head off, slugging Prime on who knows how many occasions, tossing Autobots around like rag dolls, blowing up the Autobots' base and overall being Prime's rival. I can definitely see why some people think "heavy hitter" when they think "Megatron." It's one of the most consistent things as part of the characterization. Going by the logic of some kids I talked to, it's right there in the name: Megatron.

18. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. He didn't die at all

19. SunSwipe5

I didn't say he was KSI's bitch, only that he had to play ( pretend) like he was their bitch in order to manipulate himself into a new body.

20. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    Who was he pretending towards? He didn't have to pretend to be a bitch, he had to pretend to be a mindless machine. There's quite a bit of difference there.

• Like Like x 1